The theme for Favorite Foto Friday this week is . . .
Oh, Baby!
Most of you have seen these before - but here are my sweet kiddos as a newborn! My, how they grow up fast. Wouldn't it be great if we had the ability to just slow down time??!
Here's Kyle at just 3 days old.

And Brandon, Jacob & Devin at 20 days old.
This was the first time they were all at home together.
This was the first time they were all at home together.
And here are a few of my favorite pictures from Labor Day weekend. Saturday we went to my Dad's house for a West Virginia football party. If you've been following my blog for long - then you know that my dad is a huge WVU fan and he always makes sure we all have the proper attire to support WVU. :)
Here's Allie in her new WVU cheerleading outfit. She could not wait to show Grandpa! Of course, it is so hard to get a good picture of her because she is always on the move!

We also celebrated my birthday.
Here's Allie laughing at everyone while they sang Happy Birthday. She just thought it was too funny!
Here's Allie laughing at everyone while they sang Happy Birthday. She just thought it was too funny!
Brandon & Devin having fun watching Allie!
Allie licking the icing off the candles. I think it is safe to say that she really enjoyed my birthday! :)
My brother with Joey.
My birthday present from Donnie and the boys was a weekend in Orlando! So we had a great time swimming and playing at the Disney Hotel. Unfortunately, my camera broke and I wasn't able to take one picture while we were away! I am going crazy without my camera - so hopefully it will be fixed soon.
But here are a few more pictures of Allie that I took last week while the boys were in school.
I tried hard to get a picture of her in this dress because I just love it. But this is the best I could get! It's hard to shoot a moving target that is laughing and being so silly. :)
Allie is really into her baby dolls now! So cute watching her be a little momma.
But her first love is still ELMO!
And she still loves her books. That is my favorite time of day with her - when we read together.
I was trying to get a picture of her pig tails below. Her hair has gotten so long and will easily go into pony tails and pig tails. It is so fun to fix her hair every morning - but I am finding that I am a little "hair-challenged!" :) I don't know how to get those nice even parts and pony tails with a wiggly toddler! :) I definitely need to practice. After having 4 boys - I'm not used to doing hair. Any suggestions or tips??
But this has to be my favorite photo of the week! Allie was trying to take her shirt off by herself and it got stuck like this! She thought is was so funny and kept giggling - and then she had to go show her brothers. She had us all laughing at her. Such a silly girl! :)
And Allie has big news!! She went potty for the first time in the potty!! :) We have been sitting her on the potty for about a week now just to get her familiar with it and this morning she actually went for the very first time. She has been showing readiness signs for a while so we thought we would try. Of course she isn't anywhere near being potty-trained - but we were so very excited. Hopefully it is a start in the right direction!
Thanks again to all who have donated towards our walk! You guys are awesome and I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate your support and encouragement.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Ending with a scripture . . .
Thanks again to all who have donated towards our walk! You guys are awesome and I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate your support and encouragement.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."
Proverbs 12:13

Living with hope,

Living with hope,





31 comments:
look how cute - precious! love the outfit!
LOVE those baby pictures of all FIVE of your gorgeous babies!!! And, the new pictures of Allie are just so cute! She just shines in all of them and I can only imagine her cute, spunky little personality by looking at them!!
Hooray for the potty!! I can tell you that it is awesome to be diaper free finally at our house!!!
How big Allie is getting!! Yeah for peeing on the potty. Girls are really easy to train--and usually earlier!!
Happy Birthday--nice present from your family, but too bad about your camera. I too hope it is fixed soon.
I think you do a great job with her hair. A moving target is tough to get into ponies.
Beautiful pictures! I love Allie's curly hair!
Happy Birthday Heather.... I can tell Allie enjoyed your birthday. She is just so sweet. Her hair is just beautiful, I love it. I can't fix hair, I never could. Heather said she went to school everyday with bedhead,lol. She has super curly hair, she's the only person in our family to ever have curly hair. She finally got big enough to take care of it herself. It looks like you all have had a great summer. Congratulations to Steve and Rhonda, I hope they have a long happy life together....
AWWWWW what cute babies you have!!!!
My Hubbys Granny lives in WV and a HUGE football and basketball fan!!! Cracks me up seeing a 93 year old cheering on her teams!
Your daughter is soooooo sweet!
have a great weekend,Leslie
They are all so grown up and beautiful - and congrats on the potty!! Whew - that takes work!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
I'm having so much fun watching this little girl grow up. Wow potty training already, seems like yesterday you were bringing her home! Hmm hair advice...have you tried doing her hair in front of a favorite video so she's distracted? Or while she's eating in her highchair? Soon when she's a little older and understands the concept of "pretty" I'm sure she'll be begging for her hair to look nice!
As a born & bred Mountaineer now transplanted to Texas (whose brother is lucky enough to be one of the WVU statisticians)I always enjoy seeing pictures of Allie in her WVU gear! It was really a treat to see everyone decked out for the game. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful family with us, first through Caringbridge and now through your blog.
Such sweet babies they all are. I just love seeing the pictures and I love how you almost always include Jacob!!
The lady bug dress is adroable! Where did you find it? I have followed your site beginning with Jacob's site for a very long time. I cannot believe how big little Allie is getting, as well as your boys! WOW times flies! You are such an inspiration to others & what a precious family you have. (I have never left a message before.)
Patsi,
The lady bug dress was a gift - so I don't know where it came from. I actually received it shortly after Allie came home - so I've been waiting almost a year for her to wear it. :)
~Heather
Allie is always dressed so cute! And I bet all you need in the hair department is a little practice! You are so creative I can't imagine you not being able to fix hair. I always called myself "hair and makeup illiterate" - both my girls were cheerleaders from a young age up and learned to master those things on their own :O)
All the newborn pictures are just precious and it looks like your brother is adjusting quite nicely to the new one!
You guys have a great week!
Love from WV,
Susan
I, too, am a longtime follower of yours. I really enjoy reading your blog! Jacob's was one of the first CB sites I read many years ago (I now read too many to count!). You've always had such a beautiful spirit, and Jacob...well, he was simply AMAZING. It's been a true pleasure keeping up with your beautiful family (though it seems almost invasive!). THANKS for the many laughs, tears, and cheers!
Becky in Illinois
Happy Birthday, Heather!! When is your actual birthday anyway? We have so many in Sept. in our family so I was curious. About the hair....as you know, we have 3 kids and w/ 2 of them being girls, I have always found that it is easiest to braid or part their hair when it is still wet. The braid tends to stay together better throughout the day because you are able to braid it tighter when the hair is wet and then it stays more in place for you as you're braiding it. Hope that makes sense! :)
Looks like you had a great birthday, but I agree...Allie seemed to enjoy it the most!
Love and FROG,
Kelly May
From one Virgo to another "Happy Birthday"! Sorry to hear about your camera, hope you get it fixed soon. The pictures of your babies are soo cute! Can't see us doing without pictures from you on this blog, can't you pull out your old camera, he he he! Hugs from Fort Worth!
What sweet little babies. Love the crew dressed up in their college gear - very cute!
I too was/am hair challenged. My biggest tip is to sit her in front of the tv with her favorite program! My daughter would watch Blues Clues (with Steve) and let me do her hair over and over until I got it right. I knew I had 1/2 hr. Or, just let her go with crooked pigtails. She'll be pulling them out in a few hours anyway! :)
Okay hairtip 101....distract the little miss by giving her a babydoll and letting her comb babydolls hair, after little miss gets bored w/that, try distracting her w/an empty canister or anything that she can put her scrunchies or barrettes in, after she gets bored that, whistle for many to comb over and be her LIVE MODEL, after the doll is nearly ball, scrunchies and barrettes are scattered all over the floor, a
nd the poor dog looks like a four-legged moving Christmas ornament, sit back and admire that NEW PART you just created!! You know the one that resembles a BOLT OF LIGHTNING!!! I have learned to comb Bree's hair the NIGHT BEFORE during the weekdays, and EARLY in the morning on the weekends (LIKE WHEN SHE IS ASLEEP!!
HEY I SAID IT WAS A "TIP" NOT EASY (LOL)!!!!
Happy Birthday Heather!!! Hope it was a special day for you.
And all those photos are just beautiful of all your children and all the ones of Allie are just delightful. She looks like such a sweet character and SO happy which is just lovely to see.
Take care,
Anna
Happy Belated Birthday Heather....
Sounds like a good time was had by all in Orlando -- sorry the camera was broke and hope it is home fixed by now. Your pics as always with the kids are great. No hair ideas from me.
Oh, Heather.. I always love to see all your pictures! Always so precious.
I wish I could offer help with little girl's hair. I've had short hair most of my life so never did much with it and I'm finding I have the same challenges with my little 4 year old. She doesn't even like me to brush her hair, much less do anything else. :) So, for now, we keep it short. And, this actually works best for her because she has ALOT of hair and she is tiny, so long hair kind of overpowers her anyway. :)
Have a happy Monday!
That girl is JUST ADORABLE!!!!!!
Darlene
A broken camera is a nightmare! Oh No!!! Congrats to Allie on using the potty! Yay!
I feel your pain in the hair dept. After three boys, I struggle with my girl's hair too and she's almost 11! Maybe I'll get it by the time she moves out. It's just sad because I wanted to do little girl hair for so long. :(
Happy belated birthday. I hope that it was as special as you are!
Happy belated birthday, Heather! The new pictures are so fun with everyone in their WVU gear. Baby Joey looks like he's growing well. Silas left those weight problems in the dust, too. :)
Congratulations, Rhonda and Steve! We wish you all the very best.
Happy Belated Birthday Heather! And I must say - I am so excited for Allie ... boy she is fast! I love looking at all the baby pictures of your handsome little men and princess ... she hsa grown up so much in a short year! WOW! It looks like you all have been enjoying the waning days of summer - although I am sure in Florida summer lasts quite a bit longer than in Minnesota! It was 40 here last night ... brrr! I hope your camera gets fixed soon ... we are on withdrawal from all your photos! Hope you are having a great week!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 too
What adorable pics!!
Robyn
What a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing your story!
Just had to stop by and check out the latest photo's. Allie is getting so big..and that precious smile with those big brown eyes. Just melt your heart! I know her brothers enjoy her so much.
Hi Heather.
Just stopping by to say hello. It's been a while since I've left a note. Busy, busy! School and soccer have kept us all running.
The pictures are all so adorable. That little Allie is the sweetest thing ever! What a blessing!!
I hope you are having a great fall!
Love from MN,
Janet
Hey Heather,
Just getting caught up after being out for a while.
Missed seeing the boys and our baby girl! I love the new pics.
Thanks so much for all you do to help fight childhood cancer. It's because of families like yours we get closer and closer to finding a cure.
God has truly used Jacob's battle and final VICTORY to bring so much awareness to this beast.
Blessings to you my sweet friend!!
PS Oh my, did I miss your special day???? I'm sooooooooooo sorry!!
Happy Belated Birthday Heather!!!!
Post a Comment