Hello friends,
I just have to shout out a big
THANK YOU
and send a big hug to all who donated to our Team Amazing Jacob for the Cure Kids Cancer Challenge Walk! Thanks to the generous donations from many of YOU around the world we were able to raise $3227. We were honored and humbled that our team came in 2nd place for fundraising - and we couldn't have done it without your help. :) I am constantly amazed, overwhelmed and so very thankful for the continued support we have received. I am in awe of how the internet can bring us all together - to pray for one another, to encourage and support one another and to help each other in times of need. Truly, I have been so blessed by all of you - many of whom I have never met personally - but yet I consider you all some of my dearest friends! I hope you know how deeply your donation is appreciated!
Now . . . on to the winner of the Halloween shirt! I used random.org to pick the winner and it is . . .
Melissa Holland from TX!
So, Melissa, please leave me a comment with your e-mail address - and I will send it on to Nancy who will contact you about how to personalize your shirt. I won't publish your comment - so your e-mail will remain private. Thanks for donating & CONGRATULATIONS! There will be another Give-Away soon for those who didn't win. I'll announce it in a couple of weeks. :)
Unfortunately, Donnie wasn't able to be there for the walk. He was out of town on business last week - in TEXAS of all places. I was so worried about him because of the hurricane - but thankfully he was in Dallas and was able to catch an earlier flight to make it home Saturday afternoon. He was most disappointed that he missed the walk - but I am just thankful that he made it home safely. I missed him! :)
The walk was Saturday and it was just an amazing, beautiful, perfect day. This walk is such a special event. It is a time to come together and honor all the children fighting this disease and to remember all those who are no longer with us because they were healed in Heaven. It is a time to raise awareness and donate to a great cause. It is a time of laughter and fun, yet also a time of tears and sadness. It is a very powerful and emotional day - a day of HOPE!
I didn't actually "walk" because I was volunteering in the raffle booth - but the rest of my family did! My mom took most of the pictures in the slideshow below. And of course there are several videos of Allie in there, too. The kids had a great time. They just love crossing that finish line . . . FOR JACOB!
I just have to shout out a big
THANK YOU
and send a big hug to all who donated to our Team Amazing Jacob for the Cure Kids Cancer Challenge Walk! Thanks to the generous donations from many of YOU around the world we were able to raise $3227. We were honored and humbled that our team came in 2nd place for fundraising - and we couldn't have done it without your help. :) I am constantly amazed, overwhelmed and so very thankful for the continued support we have received. I am in awe of how the internet can bring us all together - to pray for one another, to encourage and support one another and to help each other in times of need. Truly, I have been so blessed by all of you - many of whom I have never met personally - but yet I consider you all some of my dearest friends! I hope you know how deeply your donation is appreciated!
Now . . . on to the winner of the Halloween shirt! I used random.org to pick the winner and it is . . .
Melissa Holland from TX!
So, Melissa, please leave me a comment with your e-mail address - and I will send it on to Nancy who will contact you about how to personalize your shirt. I won't publish your comment - so your e-mail will remain private. Thanks for donating & CONGRATULATIONS! There will be another Give-Away soon for those who didn't win. I'll announce it in a couple of weeks. :)
Unfortunately, Donnie wasn't able to be there for the walk. He was out of town on business last week - in TEXAS of all places. I was so worried about him because of the hurricane - but thankfully he was in Dallas and was able to catch an earlier flight to make it home Saturday afternoon. He was most disappointed that he missed the walk - but I am just thankful that he made it home safely. I missed him! :)
The walk was Saturday and it was just an amazing, beautiful, perfect day. This walk is such a special event. It is a time to come together and honor all the children fighting this disease and to remember all those who are no longer with us because they were healed in Heaven. It is a time to raise awareness and donate to a great cause. It is a time of laughter and fun, yet also a time of tears and sadness. It is a very powerful and emotional day - a day of HOPE!
I didn't actually "walk" because I was volunteering in the raffle booth - but the rest of my family did! My mom took most of the pictures in the slideshow below. And of course there are several videos of Allie in there, too. The kids had a great time. They just love crossing that finish line . . . FOR JACOB!
Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Texas who have been affected by Hurricane Ike!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thankful,
*Please make sure you read the post below and vote if you can. Thanks to everyone who has voted so far! It is a long shot to win - since we are 300 votes behind - but we can only keep on trying! :) Unfortunately, you can only vote once and it ends Nov. 30th. Thanks for taking the time.




11 comments:
Heather I'm so behind on your blog, I just got to donate today, I meant to do it before the walk. I haven't watched the slideshow yet, I'm going to do that after I vote for you. Have a great week...
Carmen
Heather;
Everybody can vote ONCE PER DAY!!
Keep it up we can do it!!!!
It looks like you had a fabulous time at the walk. Your Mom got so many great pictures.
I went over and voted for you! Have a great week!
Congratulations on second place!! Great job.
I loved seeing all thepics of everyone who walked and participated. Allie looks like she enjoyed herself too. I can't believe how much baby Joey has grown. He is a cutie!!
Your family photos were all great. Sorry Donny had to miss the event, but glad he is home safe.
I made it through the whole montage without a tear--until the end. You got me then.
Life in this world can look so bleak at times. But the victory is ours through Christ! Put your trust in Him! Praying!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer Bears
I absolutely LOVE reading your blog!! I have been a LONG follower and I adore each post!! I am coming to you tonight and asking you to please take 5 minuites to jump on over to my blog! It would be greatly appreciated!!
Just voted for you Heather!! What a wonderful idea to donate that gift card to SUCH a worthwhile cause...I REALLY hope you win!!!
And just fantastic to hear how your 'walk' went and how much money was raised!!!
Take care,
Anna
I'm so glad the walk went good, and Congrats on raising so much $$$ way to go Jacob :) I Love all the pics of the family, everyone is growing so quickly, makes me happy and sad because Jacob is missing :)
Always praying and thinking of your Amazing Jacob & family!
Love,
Audra
Heather, I have followed your blog for years and after Jacob's passing, I was amazed at the stories about the cardinals showing up everywhere.
I've never left a link on a comment before, but you came to mind when I wrote the story of my niece's burial service.
God is good.
http://utahsweeneys.blogspot.com/2008/09/saying-goodbye.html
Much love, Laurie
Hi Heather - just wanted to stop in and say hello and congrats on your nomination ... I will be voting for sure ... and congrats on such an amazing turnout for The Cure Kids Cancer 2008 ... HOW amazing! Your little man remains an inspiration for so many - and it was obvious by all who support you! What a great little boy! Thanks for sharing so much of his life with us ... hope the rest of the Duckworths are doing well ... we are on Allie Photo Withdrawal!!! Hope your week is going well ...
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2
You have such a beautiful family. I'm so behind but I am glad that I chose to catch up on your blog this morning. In the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly for raffle prizes. I would be happy to contribute!
Post a Comment