Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Please Vote For Chad!

Hello friends,

I have a special favor to ask of all of you!

Chad Harrod, one of the board members for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation was nominated for the . . .

GQ Magazine Gentleman of the Year Award.

He is in the top 5 and it now all comes down to online voting. I am encouraging you all to vote for Chad. He is just an amazing person and has done so much for the pediatric cancer community. If he wins, the Pediatric Cancer Foundation receives $10,000 for the Sunshine Project and a full page story in GQ Magazine!

PCF now has 2 clinicals trials open with children on these new treatments developed by our Sunshine Project Dream Team and funding is needed more than ever before. They are paying $18,305 for each child enrolling in their first trial and their researchers are hard at work looking for other compounds to combat pediatric solid tumors including brain tumors.

Please consider helping us in this voting as the national exposure of the Sunshine Project could open some new avenues of funding and awareness for childhood cancer. Thank you for taking the time to vote!


8 comments:

Carmen said...

Heather I just voted, I hope he wins....

Tessa said...

I voted ... it is very easy! I pray that he wins - how awesome would that be?

Amy S. said...

Already done! I hope he wins!


love and Hugs....

Kyle said...

OK... I voted (for both things) about 10 times each by using all the e-mail addresses my family uses! Hope it helps on both fronts because you are both doing such great things.

Glad to hear the walk went so well. You guys looked great in your matching T-shirts. I love that you do that! It makes the whole event seem even more family centered.

You are in my prayers! Love, Kyle (from CT)

Stephanie said...

I voted using all of our email addresses. I hope that he wins.

Anna said...

Hi Heather,

Just voted!! Wow really hope he wins.

Anna

Karen said...

I voted. Hoping he wins!

Acutescrubnurse said...

Heather, just checked the GQ site and Chad is leading in votes!! He has 54% and the other top guy has 41%. Woohoo. How exciting is that?? Hope he wins!!
Rita