Friday, September 19, 2008

FFF- Hope

"Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all."
~Emily Dickinson


Hello friends,

The theme for Favorite Foto Friday is . . .

HOPE!

We are supposed to post pictures that symbolize hope for us. Since I wrote about hope last week, I thought this would be a tough theme - but it wasn't at all. Immediately the following pictures came to mind . . . as they truly symbolize HOPE for me!

This is a picture of Jacob fishing off a pier - with a beautiful rainbow in the background. Someone later pointed out to us that the pole of the sign forms a cross - and that gave us goose bumps because we didn't realize that at the time the picture was taken. This picture was from July 2005 - about 2 weeks before Jacob entered the hospital for 2 long months - and we were told he only had days to live. But God had other plans and we were blessed with the gift of 10 more months with our Amazing Jacob. This picture always reminds me that God is ever-present - filling our hearts with HOPE.


"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark."
~George Iles


This is another picture that symbolizes HOPE to me. This was taken in March of 2006 - 3 months before Jacob passed away. We knew that he was not doing well and fear gripped our hearts everyday. But one evening we drove to the beach to watch the sunset and it was just a fun, beautiful afternoon. This picture reminds me that no matter how dark the days are, God's love shines through.


"Love floods us with hope."
~Jareb Teague



This picture was taken out of the window of our airplane on our way to Guatemala to pick up Allie. We were nervous, excited, scared, happy and overwhelmed all at once! The view out of the window was like a sign from God - filling us with peace & HOPE.


"Hope is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives us to control our fears, not to oust them."
~Vincent McNabb



And well, how can a picture of my 4 smiling children not fill me with HOPE!
They give me the HOPE of happy tomorrows and endless love.



"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow."
O. S. Marden


And this symbol gives me HOPE that one day we will find a cure for childhood cancer - because this foundation is working constantly on finding that cure.





"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."
~Martin Luther King, Jr.



And finally - this picture symbolizes HOPE because God is HOPE! It is because of Jesus that we are forgiven for our sins and we have the hope of Heaven. And it is God that fills our hearts with hope when we are hurting and sad and feel like giving up.





"Hope is grief's best music."
~Author Unknown


To see more Favorite Foto Friday posts, please visit
Kiss the Frog 4 Me.


I'm behind this week on posting pictures - so I promise to catch up next week. I just haven't had time to download and edit them yet. :) And I'll share the Halloween shirt that Nancy made for the Give-Away winner - it is so adorable! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


Ending with a scripture . . .





Overflowing with hope,

25 comments:

Sarah said...

XOXOXOXO

Rebekah said...

Oh Heather I always look forward to seeing photos of Jacob - though so bittersweet seeing them fills me with HOPE ... I too hope that childhood cancer is cured in our lifetime ... my sister is a survivor but being a sibling was terribly hard ... for that reason I HOPE the love between your children grows and grows ... it is so obvious the love that pours from their hearts ... I also love the photos you chose for this post - they gave me goosbumps as well and tears came flowing just thinking of Sweet Jacob ... he, like so many other children, have brought me so much closer to God and for that I will be forever grateful! God Bless and have a wonderful weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Debbie said...

As Christians we can be full of hope for a lot of things!! God is faithful!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Heather - I love your blog. I have been reading it for a few weeks, I found it through Sarah's blog. Your strength and courage is inspiring and your posts about Jacob leave me smiling and in tears at the same time. Your children are beautiful.

My sister just found out she is expecting triplets. So I may have her contact you for advice :)

Have a great weekend. Anne

Anonymous said...

I remember the pics of Jacob oh so well...Brings tears to my eyes when I see them....Hope was a easy FFF this week...Love, Marci

Darla said...

wow, that's awesome!

Kyle said...

Heather-
I don't ever remember seeing the picture of the view from the airplane to get Allie before. It's so beautiful. And the quote about hope, grief and music is so powerful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am always thankful for the reminder to have hope and to find it in our everyday experiences. Hoping all is well. Please let Rhonda and Steve know I'm thinking about them and praying for both your families.
Love, Kyle (in CT)

S said...

I was just getting ready to post my FFF and I had two of your quotes. Back to the drawing board, I guess! :)

I just love the pictures of Jacob you chose for this week! It's easy to see why those are your favorites. The cross in the rainbow picture behind Jacob is amazing and such a perfect reminder of where our hope should be.

Have a great weekend!

Isabella's mom said...

i love all your hope photos keep hoping!


Jill

Carmen said...

Heather I love all the pictures you chose for hope, I have always loved the one of the boys on the beach, it is just perfect in every way. I really hope with all my heart that a cure is found, we have just lost to many precious children to this horrible disease.

{darlene} said...

This post is most beautiful! Your pictures tell such a story of hope. Thank you for spreading hope and your hope in Him.
Darlene

Ann said...

Here is my favorite "HOPE" quote:
Hope is the thing that is willing to take a chance on the future. Hope is the capacity to see something on the horizon that we are willing to move toward. If our hope gets us from today to tomorrow, and in that new day we are ready or able to deal with something we thought we couldn’t face, then hope has done its job. There is a worse thing than false hope. It is no hope.

Ann

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful post Heather! I know you struggle every day without your precious Jacob and every day I say a little prayer for you because YOU my friend give so many people HOPE.

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful post Heather! I know you struggle every day without your precious Jacob and every day I say a little prayer for you because YOU my friend give so many people HOPE.

Bobbi said...

I had never noticed the cross either....goosebumps for me too.

The sunset pic of all of the boys has always been a fav. of mine.

Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

I picked this verse before I came here...interesting how it fits so well!
And that first photo is....oh my it's amazing!
Our hope is in the Lord! Praying!
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Prayer Bears

bloggin with Lin said...

truly love your blog its the best.Lin N Crew~*

Anna said...

What a special and beautiful post Heather.

You always encourage me so much when I read your posts. You are an amazing family and I really admire your strength and hope.

Thankyou for sharing so openly Heather!

God Bless,

Anna

Lakeville Vertical said...

I know I've said it before but that picture of Jacob off the fishing pier has always been my favorite. Thanks for such a beautiful post. Look forward to more pictures. :)

Susan said...

Hey Heather,

GREAT POST!!! Loved the pictures and quotes.

You truly know what HOPE means and have faithfully testified of this since I've met you.

I have a picture of Jacob on my blog, I hope that is OK?

Blessings to you my sweet friend~

Christina said...

Beautiful pictures of hope Heather and I love the quote about grief and hope- its so true! I told Sarah this was a tough post for me, but I had you as inspiration to get it done! :)
Thanks so much!
HOPE you're having a great weekend!
Christina :)

Dana said...

I was thnking of Jacob's rainbow picture today as I taught my church class and Laneah the story of Noah's ark and the Rainbow. I love that picture. HOPE is a precious gift from GOD.

I hope everything is good for you. You strenghten me by how you post so freely of your faith.

Unknown said...

Hi Heather.

Just stopping by to say Hello.
You've been on my mind and in my paryers. You have given so many people HOPE by the words you write and the faith you live. Thanks for your joy and willingness to share God's Word.

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs from MN,
Janet DeRosier

don't get me started said...

Hi Heather and Family - My name is Lesa Scott, I know that you don't remember me, it has been a very long time. I once went to visit Jacob in the hospital. I was and still am one of his and your family's prayer warriors. Since Jacob's victory in Heaven I have been trying to find a way in my own special way to memorialize him for me and to let others know about what a strong and amazing little warrior he was here on Earth. Amazingly, two years to the day it came to me. Two weeks ago I made it a reality. The picture for my Blog is called Jacob's F.R.O.G. It is forever a part of me just as he and your family a forever a part of my heart and in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you now and always....

Because of Him!
Lesa Scott
Matthew 10:31

Robyn said...

What a beautiful post!!

Robyn