I can't believe that September is almost over - time just flies by! The days are busy and go by so quickly - but life has been good at our house. It has taken me a month, but I am finally learning to juggle the new school schedule. The boys & Allie have settled into a good routine and I don't feel nearly as frazzled as I did those first couple of weeks. It was hard going from the "lazy days of summer" to the "wake-up-early, homework-filled days of the school year." :) The boys are all very happy with their teachers and classes and so far they are doing great! The right teacher is such a blessing and this year we hit the jackpot.
As for Allie . . . well, what can I say? We just love our girl so much. She is so funny - and is loaded with personality & character. She amazes me everyday with the things she says and does. She gives the sweetest hugs and loves to sit in your lap to read books. Her vocabulary has exploded and this little one talks ALL DAY LONG. I do believe she is going to be the type that never stops talking. I can only imagine what she will be like in school. :) She is still a fantastic sleeper - going down around 8:15pm each night and up around 7:15am - just in time to take the boys to school. She naps everyday from about 11:45am-2:15pm - right in time to pick the boys back up from school. Our sweet girl has suddenly turned into the drama queen and she can throw one terrific toddler tantrum. Thankfully, she is my 5th child - and I've had a lot of practice ignoring tantrums. Needless to say, her new word this week is, "SORRY" as she has to say it a lot. ;) I just love this age (despite the tantrums!) She is learning new things everyday and it is so fun to watch her explore the world. She gets so excited about everything and her excitement and enthusiasm is contagious for all of us. We just love showing her new things - and the boys can't wait to experience Halloween with her. So far, this girl isn't afraid of anything. Is that good or bad??
Here's what life looks like at our house the past couple of weeks . . .
We went wedding dress shopping with Rhonda one day last week. That was FUN! And Allie loved running all around in front of the mirrors. She kept calling the wedding gowns "Princess dresses."
And one day last week while I was putting the laundry in, I noticed Allie was missing. Usually she is right underfoot trying her best to "help." So, I went looking for her and this is what I found . . .
And this is what she did when she saw me! She was acting all innocent because she knew she wasn't supposed to be in there. :) Hard to resist that sweetness. 
Then Devin showed her how to play. It is important to do EVERYTHING your brothers do. :)
Fun with the hose!

And last week I watched my friends' little boy - who is 3 months younger than Allie. It was so fun for me to watch them play together. Allie is around kids all the time - but no one her age. She kept calling him a baby and trying to take care of him. She is a little momma.



And yes, baseball season has started again!

Brandon isn't playing. Baseball just isn't his thing. But he LOVES going to the game and playing with his friends at the ball field. And of course he spends most of his time climbing trees and catching critters while he is there.
And the boys' had their 3rd grade program. They looked so grown-up!

I just love this picture! So rare to capture all 4 of them smiling. :)

Can you tell that Kyle was a little bored waiting for the program to start?
But he will still give a smile! :)
Allie danced during the whole program.

And Nancy has been making so many cute outfits! I can't wait to show you the Halloween ones she's done. Here's a couple for now - although it is so hard to catch a good picture of Allie. I either get no smile or a fake smile. :)
This is just a little play outfit. It's hard to tell, but it has a little frog in a tutu on it. And I just love those little shoes - from Target.

And Nancy actually made this last May - but the pants were too big. So I tried it on the other day and it finally fits. Just a perfect little outfit for fall.


I asked her if I could take just one more picture - and she put her hands on her face and said, "Oh, No!" I took it anyway. :) She is so expressive - I love it!

And here is the shirt Nancy made for the winner of the Give-Away! It is just tutu cute! :) There will be another give-away soon - so stay tuned! Some of you have asked about Nancy and she does sell some of her stuff at Polka Stripe. She is quite talented!
.jpg)
Then Devin showed her how to play. It is important to do EVERYTHING your brothers do. :)
Fun with the hose!
And last week I watched my friends' little boy - who is 3 months younger than Allie. It was so fun for me to watch them play together. Allie is around kids all the time - but no one her age. She kept calling him a baby and trying to take care of him. She is a little momma.
And yes, baseball season has started again!
Brandon isn't playing. Baseball just isn't his thing. But he LOVES going to the game and playing with his friends at the ball field. And of course he spends most of his time climbing trees and catching critters while he is there.
I just love this picture! So rare to capture all 4 of them smiling. :)
Can you tell that Kyle was a little bored waiting for the program to start?
But he will still give a smile! :)
Allie danced during the whole program.And Nancy has been making so many cute outfits! I can't wait to show you the Halloween ones she's done. Here's a couple for now - although it is so hard to catch a good picture of Allie. I either get no smile or a fake smile. :)
This is just a little play outfit. It's hard to tell, but it has a little frog in a tutu on it. And I just love those little shoes - from Target.
And Nancy actually made this last May - but the pants were too big. So I tried it on the other day and it finally fits. Just a perfect little outfit for fall.
I asked her if I could take just one more picture - and she put her hands on her face and said, "Oh, No!" I took it anyway. :) She is so expressive - I love it!
And here is the shirt Nancy made for the winner of the Give-Away! It is just tutu cute! :) There will be another give-away soon - so stay tuned! Some of you have asked about Nancy and she does sell some of her stuff at Polka Stripe. She is quite talented!
.jpg)
I think that catches you up with life at our house! Hope you all have a great week.
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Do not be bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily or saythings to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other. Forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ."
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Do not be bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily or saythings to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other. Forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ."






20 comments:
Oh, Heather, you have posted so many wonderful pictures (and stories to go with them), I hardly know where to start! Since the first picture posted was of Allie, I'll start with her.
Yes, she is GORGEOUS and it's OKAY to brag. O:-)
Now I LOVED the story (and pictures) of her when she was missing in action. The photo of her sitting with her big brother learning how to play that game was just PRECIOUS! She was looking so intently, as if she didn't want to miss a thing!
I also thought it was super cute when she was trying to "baby" her younger friend. It reminds me of my niece Ashley when she was about that age trying to take care of Brent. They are just TOO MUCH FUN at this age!
The boys were SO HANDSOME all dressed up for the program. I couldn't believe how much Kyle looks like his daddy in the picture of him "being bored." It's just something about it.. I hadn't noticed it before. =-)
Yes, you've got some beautiful babies! (I guess I should say children since the boys aren't "babies" anymore? They would probably NOT like to be called THAT at all) O:-)
Have a GREAT WEEK!
LOVE YOU!
Always enjoy your updates.
Yes, brag away about your daughter's beauty, BUT you do have a lot "to do with it" - like with each of your 4 boys, the inner glow of joy and love shows through to her face.
Janet
Ok, before I forget, Cassie has those same shoes in a much bigger size, and I love them too!!
I agree, this age is great despite the tantrums. You do just learn to ignore them!
SOunds about like the crazy days of fall in our house. I, too am struggling to transition. But, we are getting there.
Reese loves to sneek in and get his sisters DS too--then he acts like he was getting it for me!!
I don't know why but all of your kids are suddenly looking so much older....
Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
Psalms 25:1-2a. 4-5 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee...Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Prayer Bears
Wow Allie seems really advanced for 19 months! I work with kids and "princess dresses" is pretty good for a not yet 2 year old. She sure is cute! But so are your boys and you DID have some influence on their looks, so you can take some credit there!
Heather I love all Allie's outfits, she is always dressed in beautiful clothes. Gracie has always talked non-stop to, her teachers assure us she is really good at school. She talks every second she is awake. All the babies love Gracie's nintendo ds too, something about that pin they love. I can't wait to see Allie's first Halloween either. She is beautiful Heather, and so sweet. Have a great week, I enjoyed both post so much.
Carmen
I love the "No" picture. Allie is so cute and the boys are getting so big!
I always love to catch up on your blog. Not only are the kids just beautiful. You are such a inspiration. Loving Allie's smiles and the boys big blue eyes! Enjoy the day! Now I am off to check out Nancy's site =)
Allie is looking so grown up all of a sudden! And, the boys too, but I really noticed it in today's pictures of Allie!
I don't know how you juggle all of your children's schedules. I have a hard time with my 14 and 12 year olds!
Oh Heather - I can't believe how grown up the boys look in just a short month! Why do they grow so fast? And of course they are so handsome ... and then there is Allie - really no words to describe how darn cute she is ... love the smile ... it is the biggest bright eyed smile I have ever seen! I just love all her outfits too! Best dressed baby for sure! Thanks for sharing so many new pictures ... we were on withdrawal! Hope all is well and your week is going great! Hope to see you for FFF!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2
I love Allie's bell-bottoms! And Allie with the Nintendo is too cute! So nice of Devin to share and show her how to play. What a great big brother!
I just love that last picture of Allie, saying Oh no! Such a character!
It was so nice to read an update on your family. I think all of us share how hard it is to get back in a routine after a fun filled less structured sumemr -- I know I do. Non structure is so much more fun. I don't know how you do it with those 4 kidos we just had our daughter, her husband and 2.5 year old granddaughter to visit and our lives were busy, loud and fun but I couldn't do it all the time. God has blessed you abundantly with a full heart to balance it all.
Heather - I just love reading your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. I love reading about your family and the events in your life. Allie is just precious as are all the boys.
Have a great week!
Heather, you are so funny! First of all, you have everything to do with Allie's beauty...you are raising her with love and happiness and even though she clearly has physical beauty, it is her inner beauty, her happy spirit, that makes her simply breathtaking. You, my friend, are responsible for THAT!!! And, regardless of whether or not you feel like you have anything to do with her beauty, you brag ALL YOU WANT!!! Say it loud and say it proud - that is ONE GORGEOUS GIRL!!!
What cute pics of your family. Those outfits are great on Allie. It's ok to brag-I would is she was mine. Have a great weekend. :)
Hi there....I have followed your family for a couple of years now. Started with Jacob's site and then continued once you started this blog. I just love to read of your family. I am also a mom via the wonderful world of adoption and childhood cancer is a cause near and dear to my heart. I think that's why I love your story so much! Anyhow....thought I would finally leave you a post to let you know I still pray for your family.
So So cute....All of them, I can't believe how fast they are growing up, 3rd grade already, that just blows my mind, I started following your family before they were in Kindergarten!!! I always think of the Miracle God performed then too, allowing Jacob to go to kindergarten when the Drs said he wouldn't live past the weekend. He is so Good, and I am so Thankful to see the Blessings that he bestows on your family daily, all of our families really! We're so blessed.
Yes, this Halloween, holiday season will be super fun with Allie this year! Oh I'm happy for ya'll to get to experience that again with a toddler...
Have a Wonderful Fall weekend.
Much Love,
Audra
It is good to get back to "norm" after the storm! Yep IKE was quite a handful! I just love coming to see what the DUCKWORTH crew is up to! I see Ms Allie is growing like a weed and I must agree this age (Bree is 18mos old on Monday) and to say she is a DRAMA QUEEN is a major understatement! She can "switch to tears" in a blink of an eye, especially when she thinks she is in trouble, then she switches to the sweetest smile and cutest giggle ever as she covers her mouth and runs!! The KID has got us all suckered!! Hurrican Ike has nothing on Bree, she has "water-damaged" my cell phone, after dunking it in the toilet, toss another cell down the staircase, damaged my keyheld car alarm after gnawing on it, dropped a frame on my big toe (cutting it-after climbing out of her high chair and pulling the frame off the wall and throwing it, and that's just the short version of the last 2wks!
Her vocabulary is STOP, GET DOWN, COME BACK, NO-NO, DON'T RUN, GIVE ME THAT...uh wait, that's MY NEW VOCABULARY (LOL)
18mos old....gotta love it!!!
PS YES I MUST AGREE NANCY IS THE BOMB.COM!!! She is AWESOME!!!
Adorable pictures! My favorites are the ones of the boys all dressed up (I can't get over how big they're getting!) and the ones of Allie playing the DS. Too cute! The picture of Brandon and his critter friends reminds me so much of Zech. They would make great buddies!
The outfit that Nancy made is incredible. She's very talented! Allie looks so grown up wearing it. I think the thing I miss most about not having a little girl is getting to dress her! I can't even imagine what Allie's closet looks like - all those adorable little shoes and dresses :)
Life is moving so fast here too. It's amazing how quickly the days go by. Would you all please just stop growing up?! We're going to blink and they'll be away at college.
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment