Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nominated!

Hello friends,

I received an e-mail yesterday asking me if I was aware that my blog had been nominated for the
Love This Site Award hosted by Divine Caroline.

No, I wasn't aware of that, but I clicked the link to check it out. Usually I don't get into Blog Awards. Honestly, I am a little embarrassed by them - even though I appreciate you all of thinking of me. But this nomination is different . . . because there is actually a prize of a $250 Visa gift card if you win the most votes. And that got me thinking of how I could use that money to help one of my favorite charities!

So, I am asking you all to please click
HERE - or on the badge on my sidebar and vote for my site. You do have to register - but I did it myself and it was quick and easy. And if I am lucky enough to win, then I will donate the gift card to The Giving Hope Through Faith Foundation. This foundation provides families who have children with cancer gift cards each month to help with expenses. I would love to be able to help a family with cancer by blessing them with a $250 Visa gift card. Just perfect for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! :)

If you have the time - please vote! It is quick, easy & free. I'm not sure who nominated my site - but THANK YOU! And thanks to all of you who will take the time to vote. I appreciate it so much. There are so many wonderful sites nominated - so it might be a long shot to actually win - but it sure is worth it to TRY! Together we can make a difference.

We had a BEAUTIFUL day for the
Cure Kids Cancer Challenge this morning! I will tell you all about it on Monday and share lots of pictures and video. Also, the winner of the Halloween shirt give-away will be announced. If you made a donation, make sure you leave a comment HERE to be entered to win. Thanks so much!!

Have a great weekend, my friends! And don't forget to vote by clicking
HERE!

Ending with a scripture . . .

"How blessed is God! And what a blessing He is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in Him."
Ephesians 1:3




So blessed by all of you,


13 comments:

Cassie12 said...

Just voted...hoping you win the gift card.
Hugs,
Susan

Reba said...

That was an easy vote for me. :) As soon as I saw about the Visa card, I thought about your stocking project. What fun stuff you could get with that. Anyway, hope all is well with you all!
Reba

Karen said...

I voted for your site!

Sue said...

I was very happy to add my vote for "My Favorite Site." Good luck and what a great cause.

Anonymous said...

I voted but it's not looking good right now. Come on people! Get out there and vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always keep your eyes on the Lord. Praying!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer Bears

Amy S. said...

You got my vote! ..that's for sure.

Love ya!

Tracy said...

Heather-
Congrats-I think your was the first blog I started following outside caringbridge-and I still check it first. You are an amazing person as well as writer.
I voted!
I hope you get many more votes.
Tracy

Anissa Mayhew said...

Voted and I saw that you're in second place, but I have a feeling that your readers will get you there. What a great thing to do with the gift card, that'll go far to help some families.

It was good to see you all at the walk, I have some pics of your boys running across the finish line. I couldn't believe how big Allie's getting, it's hard to tell by photo, but she is just as sweet and yummy as each and every picture.

It was a good day.

Love and hugs
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Bobbi said...

I hope you win this. WHat a great cause you will be donating to. It is s so selfless to give to someone else.

Kee us posted

Anonymous said...

You're catching up! Tried to see if I can vote again but nope....so come on people, get more people to vote!

Anonymous said...

I voted - hope you win!

Michelle Littlejohn said...

I just voted for your site!!
You are all still in my thoughts and prayers!


Michelle Ellis

Lisa & Gerald said...

I also voted for you!