Monday, September 29, 2008

Princess Allie


Hello friends,

I have been meaning to take Allie's 18 month pictures - but just haven't had the time to have a photo shoot. Yesterday, we finally made the time - just a month and a half late! :) She was in the best mood ever so we were able to get lots of smiles. Of course - it was still challenging to get a great picture - because she is always on the move, but we were able to get several pics that we love. But now we are having a hard time choosing which picture to enlarge to hang on the wall. So, I was hoping you all would help us out! Leave a comment and let us know which pic is your favorite. It will be interesting to see if you all pick the one I love the best . . . or the one Donnie loves the best. ;)


These pictures have all been resized - so the originals are much clearer and brighter. But here are our top 12 favorite pics - in no particular order!

Which one is your favorite?

Which one do you think would look best hanging on the wall in Allie's room?

1


2

3


4


5




6

7


8

9


10


11

12

Thanks for helping us. I look forward to seeing which pic wins! :)

Happy Monday!

143 comments:

Sharidrew said...

Good morning Heather! Well, it's a tough thing to choose because Allie is so adorable in all of them. My favorite was #9. I bet Donnie's favorite was #10. I also liked #3 and #12. Like I said, hard to choose just one. Maybe you could do a 2-3 photo frame that includes your favorites. It just won't matter which one is chosen because all of them would light up a room!

Thanks for sharing. Have a good week.

Hugs from Missouri,
Shari

SuziQCat said...

What great photos of Allie...she is one beautiful princess! I am torn between photo 6 and photo 11. I like number 6 because it shows her mischevious side and her activeness. Number 11 is just a beautiful close-up. Good luck with your choice!

AmigosParaSempre said...

All of them are great, but I would go for the number 10!
Marli

rockin_mom said...

She is just soooo beautiful!!! You presented us with a real challenge!!! I think I will have to say #12 is my fav!

jandkland said...

They are all so adorable! If I had to pick, I'd go with number 8. She's absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

My Oh MY what Sweet Photo's....and so many to choose from. My "personal" favorites are #2, 6, & 10. There is just something so extra special in my eyes about them. But ya know......a photo collage is always good, and then you would get to use all of them!!!

Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Heather:
They're all beautiful...I think #9 is my favorite with several close behind...1, 7 and 12 to name a few!
Good Luck!
Patty

AmigosParaSempre said...

My vote go to number 10. But all of then are beautiful! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Good Morning - the pictures of Allie are all beautiful! I think 2 & 7 are my favorites - good luck deciding -
Andrea

azlori said...

If you only want one pic, 4 but I think a collage would be cute with 3,4 and 10.

AmigosParaSempre said...

Number 10!

Dell5 said...

Geez, I was hoping there were only going to be three pics! 12 is too hard to choose from!! They are all adorably cute because Miss Allie is in them but I'll have to go with #9. I think this was asked before, but what kind of camera do you have? I'm about ready to throw mine out the window!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, Hard decision but #3, #9, and #12 are all my favorites!!! She is so adorable....Love, Marci

Susan Hight said...

number 9

deb8able said...

#9 is my favorite....

don't get me started said...

Hey Heather, Donnie and Family - You really didn't make it easy on anyone....I like 4,6,9 and 11. 4&11 are really the hands down cutiest as close-ups go. Being a mom of a Princess it is always very hard for me to pick just 1....good luck!

Because of Him!
Lesa
Matthew 10:31

Becky said...

My vote is for either 7 or 11. Both are beautiful photos--I especially liked 11, but her smile doesn't look as big as in 7. Either way, all 12 were GORGEOUS!! Allie's beautiful and you're all so lucky! GOOD LUCK!

Andrea said...

Love #10 as well - I think maybe the best -
God Bless,
Andrea

Brittany..Following my Bliss said...

She is a beautiful girl so it's hard to choose one, but I would have to say number 9! It would be cute to create a collage of multi poses, I know my local drug store has that option on their photo machines. Best of luck choosing... let us know which you decide on!

leese said...

I certainly don't envy you in having to chose ONE picture here. Allie is just so adorable.

I have to say, if I HAD to chose just one, #6 would be it!!

Good luck!!

Sarah said...

Oh, they are all so special in their own way! My favorites are 1, 7 & 9 but I think #9 is my favorite! Love the t-shirt and tutu... I am guessing that Nancy made it! So sweet! I need to do some photo shoots soon too!!!

What a beautiful girl!

Lakeville Vertical said...

I love number 12.Look at her little toes twisting up. It's so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I like picture #1....she is so cute!

Lizz said...

I LOVE #3 and #7! You could put them side by side and they would look so great together!

Anna said...

Heather,
It is such a hard decision as they are all SO gorgeous. I think for hanging in her room I would go for either 4, 11 or 12. And I am trying to pick one of those 3 as my favourite but I just can't decide. I think 12 is great as its just a natural shot of her and it looks great with the water in the background. But the smily ones are so beautiful too.
Sorry I can't be more decisive!
She is so photogenic!
Can't wait to see who which one you pick,

Anna

Christine said...

Oh my! #1 and #9 are my favorites. She's so beautiful! You've inspired me to start a blog. I happen to be running a contest through Hearts at Home, if you're interested in a chance to win a book. (Many to choose from).

Bless you!
www.JourneyWithTheLord.blogspot.com

Myshel said...

I love #11 the best.
But they are all very very good.
I just loved the close up, a little bit of tutu, and the water behind her. That pic just stood out to me.

Kyle said...

Okay... SUCH a tough decision!!!!! I can't wait to see what everyone picked! I hope you'll tell us the "winner" of the online votes as well as yours and Donnie's favorites.

If it were me... I'd have to pick between #2 and #10 for her room. I love the semi-pose she's got going in #2, but the movement and the joy and playfulness of #10 are such "toddler-isms" and isn't that what you're trying to capture? I kind of like the way she's almost running right out of the "frame." So I think I pick #10, but it's a tough call... (this would have been so much easier if there were only three or four to pick from because then I would have said to just frame them all...).

That being said... I wouldn't be able to do just the one frame in her bedroom. Again, if it were me, I'd have a custom frame with four 4x6 openings and I'd do the following...
#6 in the upper left hand corner,
#12 in the upper right hand corner,
#3 in the lower left hand corner, and
#7 in the lower right hand corner.

Hope that helps! She's so stinkin' cute!!! I just want to squeeze her!

Love, Kyle (from CT)

P.S. I LOVE the new creation for the top of the page. Those are a combination of their costumes from various years, right? I remember a Buzz from Jacob's page. And I know Kyle was a mummy last year and Allie was a pink and green princess! Such a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I see what you mean, I love them all, but I think my favorites are 2,3, and 4! I like the collage idea, they are all just beautiful, now which ones were your and Donnie's favs. Hugs from Fort Worth!

Anonymous said...

I love #6 and #11. Great shots. Of course an adorable subject always helps!

Days said...

Love love love #9. Gorgeous girl!

Laurie said...

Great pictures I would have to say #9 is very cute, well they are all cute. Thank you for your blogs it is fun to read about the boys and alli.

Becka said...

#5 What a sweet girl!

Amanda said...

3,9,11 & 12.. but really they are all so good. I can see why it it hard for you guys to choose. She's so stinkin' cute and her personality just shines right through all the pictures!

Amy S. said...

Hi Heather...

All her pictures are beautiful..but being that you said "hang on the wall"..that narrows it down to # 9 or #11 for me. Is that her real look though? Everybody may be looking for something different.The graphics and the quality of the picture have a lot to do with it too when hanging on the wall...lol.



Have a great week!

Love and Hugs...

snekcip said...

I choose number 3!! I really love the "contemplativeness" of this picture! She just has the "look" of an 18mos old wondering WHAT ELSE CAN I GET INTO!! Plus I just love the "back of all little baby necks" it's has the sweetest smell, add in those plump little legs and those soft baby curls, and cute pink tutu and I'm lost in all that BABY LOVE!!! Allie you are just too precious!!!

Anonymous said...

i think i would have to go with #9...i have been following your blog and Jacob's page for close to 4 yrs now but have never commented..have read your book, i really enjoyed it...allie is so beautiful was really hard to choose...

Proud Grandma said...

Heather - #1 & #9 are my favourites - they are all adorable - Allie is such a cute little girl that it must be hard to get a picture that isn't cute!!

Jennifer said...

hi i'm new to you blog and you have such an amazing-looking family. i love all the pictures, but i think the scenery looks the best in #2.

Jenn @ Casa de Castro said...

I could never choose! They're ALL great. I'd have to go with a collage myself. Choose several of your favorites and go with that. Everyone is happy!

Such a beautiful girl... and a beautiful family!

Missi said...

I guess it depends on the "look" you want on the wall but I choose 2 or 11! ;-) or a multiple frame with them all! :0)

Sarah2boys said...

I would have to say #6 would be my choice. In reading your previous blogs and seeing Allie grow into a beautiful, funny, goofy little girl, I would say that this picture pictures her personality best. I find that childrens personalities are what make a child more precious than trying to get the perfectly posed picture with them smiling. So if you can get a picture with them showing their personality, then the picture is definitely worth a thousand words!

By the way, your family is beautiful and I love how strong and devoted you and Donnie are to your children. You are a true blessing and excellent role models for parents around the world.

Deb said...

Of course they are all adorable but #8 grabs my heart!!!

Kelly said...

I agree that you should go with a collage...maybe with 3 photo's? I absolutely LOVE #3....although you can't see her face. My other favorite is #11.

Hard choice!

Sarah said...

9 is my favorite but 1 came a close second.

I think her smile in 9 is just beautiful and she is still LOL. and in 1 you see her little hands, and her eyes are a bit wider open, also a beautiful smile!

Great shots Heather .. really cute!!

Jen said...

I thought my absolute fave was #4 until I saw #12. I love them both but #12 gets my vote! Great photos of a beautiful princess!

{darlene} said...

oooh. I vote for 8 or 11! They have an artistic quality,angle, and light to them... and without knowing Allie, I think they shine with personality.

She is a DOLL! So, you can't go wrong!

Darlene

Kelly from Texas said...

I love #11.

Aimee said...

I liked #11 best, but they are all so cute, you definitely have a hard decision!

Mona Smith said...

I love them all, my favorites are #9, #11, #12. She is so beautiful and I love the love your boys have protrayed in all the pictures you have posted of them all together.
Mona Smith

Mona Smith said...

I love #9, #11, And #12. You know us women, we can't make decisions when it comes to the beauty of a child. She is adorable and I love the love that radiates from all of your boys faces in the pictures of them with Allie. You can definitely tell that they have had a wonderful example set for them by two wonderful and loving parents. God Bless you all, Mona Smith, Dallas,Tx

Targetshopper: said...

She is so adorable! I vote for 11 or 9 but also think 12 is too cute. 11 is my favorite though. Great pictures!!

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

I love #4 or #12...wait they are all so cute, she is absolutely adorable.

Julie said...

It was hard to pick.....but I like # 9 ! They are all great pictures though :)

Julie

Sandy C said...

While they are ALL cute pictures, my vote goes to pic #2

Audra said...

This is so HARD!!!!! All of them are so cute, and definately picture frame worthy! I think #7 & #11 are my favs. You are going to have a tough time!
Good Luck on this one.
Much Love,
Audra

Kim M. said...

Tough choice but I would have to say it's between #4 or #11. I love that it's a close up but still has the beautiful pink tutu in the picture and the water in the background.

Anonymous said...

Well, I've changed my mind several times already, but my final choices are 4 and 11!

After reading some of the previous responses, I think you may have a 12 way tie ;)

Sally said...

I love #6, #9 and #11....does that help???

She is so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

If I have to choose just one, my pick would be #7. They are all so cute! I think I photo collage would be a great idea!!

~Sherri~

Julie said...

#7 is my fav!!!

Michele said...

All the pictures were adorable but my favorite is #11 - she looks so sweet like an angel!!

Kaia said...

11 is my absolute favorite! Also LOVE 2 and 3 :)

Nellie said...

I go with #9 - although it was a touch decision. Allie is just a beautiful litle princess. All of the pictures are beautiful.

Kristen said...

My vote is for #10!!!

Mona Smith said...

I set up my email account and voted but something happened. I am getting emails sent to me that are suppose to be coming to you. Don't know what happened!!!!

Lyndsay said...

They're ALL great!! But my pick would be 6 or 8.

Maureen said...

HI Heather, Wow I can see why you need help deciding! I love #6 and # 9 but my favorite and my vote goes to......... #11 what a beautiful close up.
Thanks including all of us in your photo dilemma!

Have a wonderful week,
Maureen

Vicki said...

I really like #9 but I like the full grass background of #1. That pink tutu with the green grass is just the perfect colors just like her pink froggy room.

Belinda said...

Hi, They are all adorable, but I love 11 the best, because you are taking it from eye level, not above her. 6 is precious too! love the little tongue!!
Belinda

Tessa said...

I vote for #12!

I love it ... it was a very hard choice! She is so precious!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I like either 9 or 11 the best, but they are all sweet as can be!

Lindsay said...

#9 -- but that was hard!!! You can't go wrong! Maybe a cute frame of 3? ALso check out the history on www.mojoy.blogspot.com -- she did a spread of tutu pics and had a cute little cutout made of her daughter Ellie :)

Anonymous said...

I would do a double frame of #1 and #3..they are great shots...then again they should ALL go on the wall...she is after all a princess!!! Great shots! I love that you take a zillion pictures! XO Lyns

Melissa said...

#12. I LOVE #3 too, but you can't see her face, which is the point I guess. SO really my choice is 3, then 12.

Bobbi said...

I think #10--but could go for any of them!!

It is hard to get a good pic of a toddler. I am with you on that. Many of my photos of Reese now are very blurry!

Can't believe how old she is now. Where did the time go?

Melody said...

I love #11! I love that it has her beautiful smile, but also the gorgeous scenery. Good luck picking a winner! ;)

Stephanie said...

Uggh! Nothing like asking the impossible. Haha! They are so cute but I'd have to say that 6, 9 and 11 are my favs.

Carmen said...

Heather I love number 12. I love them all, but 12 is my favorite....

Marsha said...

Voting for #7

manda said...

#3 is my absolute favorite...

Anonymous said...

My vote is for #2...
ALL BEAUTIFUL so you'll have a wonderful frame no matter which one is chosen!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, such a hard choice!
I would have to vote for #7 & #9.
My kids say they love #12 so that's another 5 votes! :-) Can't wait to see which ones YOU pick.

Have a great day!

Hugs from MN,
Janet

Unknown said...

#1 or #7. loved them all

mcdaniellaurie said...

I love #1 to frame!! It is a beautiful picture. I also love #12. So cute!

Barb said...

She is beautiful in all of them.. but I think #9 is my favorite!

Nancy Irving said...

they are all so wonderful, but my favourite is #4

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

They are all beautiful, but my vote is #9.

Kirsten said...

I would choose photo #9 - sweet, adorable, happy. For the "Allie in motion" photo I pick #6.

Kristy said...

4!

Leah said...

#5 is my favorite. She is just darling.

Unknown said...

I like picture #1, but of course they are all adorable!!!

Musings from Me said...

No. 1 is my fave since the focus is Allie. The ones with the lake or the sidewalk are distracting as the eye is drawn to the surroundings, not Allie. "1" is perfect as the focus is your daughter. Of course, I also like that "1" is taken from a taller person's viewpoint. The angle emphasizes her size...they are only small once. She looks tinier in this photo.

My son is 5 and he is tall for his age. I can no longer safely carry him. I miss carrying him as he is my youngest.

linda said...

Too many favorites!! If I have to vote then it is #9 with #11 and #12 close behind. She is so gorgeous.

Linda

KKGrimmer said...

I like #2 the best!

Rhonda said...

I vote for #7, although I can see why it is hard to choose just one!! Allie is absolutely beautiful and her happiness radiates through her smile!

linlassie said...

lovin # 12

Martha from NC said...

Decisions, decisions!!
Picture # 11 gets my vote. However, #9 is a very close 2nd. I also like # 1 and 7. Oh shoot, I love all of them. That girl is just precious. Good luck choosing just the right picture. Have a great week.

Winters Family said...

All the pictures are very good but if I had to pick just one it would be #7.

Laura said...

Hi! All of the pictures would look fantastic on her wall, but my favorite is number 10!

Have a great week!

Smile :)

Reba said...

Well, you have had a busy site today! This is how I felt choosing our family beach portraits from this summer...it is so hard to choose. I love them all (Allie's pics not ours :). My husband and I worked together and we are voting for one that I didn't see many votes for...#8. :)
Reba

Jennifer said...

Whoa!! Allie is too stinkin cute in all of these pictures....but if I had to choose ONLY one....it would #9. Oh heck---I can't just chose one....how about #6 too?

MLP said...

I would want to frame ALL twelve! Seriously!!! Absolutely adorable in every single way. My vote is for #7!!!

Anonymous said...

She's such a beautiful, happy and precious girl! This is so tough, but...

I have to go with #9! Everything about it is simply perfect.

Natalie Willis said...

#3! Hands down. No question! Well, except for #7.....and maybe #10. No, no really, #3. That's my final answer!
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Alison said...

I love them all but 3 and 9 really caught my eye. She is so photogenic.

www.andrewsbravejourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i like 2, 6, 9, and 12 =)

Christi said...

9 is my favorite. :)

Lynn said...

You definitely found a way to get people to post! I have a feeling everyone's going to choose different ones and you'll be back to square one...I chose 11 because it was more close up and because of the amazing look on her face.
Continuing to pray!
Psalms 91:1-4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer Bears

Mom Of 3 said...

Wow they are all so good! How do you pick a favorite? I think #2 is my favortie, but they are all so good!

JanetPG said...

3 and 12

JAMES, JESSICA, AND MATTHEW said...

Well, I would personally pick either 9 or 12. She is such a cutie!

Beverly said...

It's number 6 for me - a Princess in motion with happiness sparkling in her eyes. Allie is so beautiful! Can't wait to see which picture you choose.

Robin said...

They are all so beautiful!!! What a sweetie!

For my personal favorite, I can't decide between 1 and 9. Good luck on choosing one. That would be a tough decision!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Number 9 - She is too cute!

Karen said...

I would say either 1 or 9 also. I'm leaning more towards 9 though. She's just an adorable sweetie!

Rebekah said...

OMG! I am a little late checking in on you guys and it looks like everyone posted their favorite already ... I would have to say this is a hard one Heather ... but after looking over and over I would have to vote for #4 as my favorite! LOVE her face in all of them but #4 is my fav ... hope that helps! Have a great week!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 too

Laurie said...

I say number 11!!! But since I am a total photo bug I would definitely do the storyboard and have three pics!

Ashley H. said...

Uh! I can't pick just one!! My favorites are 1, 2 & 7. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I like #11. That is my favorite. She is such a cutie.. You are so blessed.

Sandy P said...

I like #4.

Marsha said...

I voted for #7 earlier but I keep going back to #6... there's just so much personality there! Either one of them will do... of course any of the 12 would be adorable!

threehandprints said...

I vote for number #7 and #11. you could do a 3 picture panel though and I would vote for #3,7 and 11. Those are always cute too! Good luck and there is no wrong answer. They are all adorable!

Unknown said...

Good day!! I check in on you and your beautiful family on occasion...catch up on the pictures. The picture of Alli I like the best is #11...

Enjoy life!! from Breckenridge MN...Linda Klindt

buddyclark said...

I had a very hard time so I picked:

4, 6, 7 & 12

sara said...

I like picture 2 and picture 10.
Allie is soo cute

Unknown said...

I love 8!

Anonymous said...

12! Those are great pictures by the way, and I like your new head mast.

Colleen said...

What a happy kid!

I'd hand up #1

michele(nurse in ny) said...

so hard to pick. they are all great but I pick #7

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a doll! #1 is great!!!

Heather said...

What a precious girl. I love love love her tutu! So cute. I like number 12 and number 9 in that order. Number 12 seems a bit more artistic number 9 just captured her sweet smile :)

BSue said...

#9 is definately the BEST!

Karen said...

I love #2. I love them all but #2 is my favorite with the pretty background.

azlori said...

BOO!
The air is cool, the season fall
Soon Halloween will come to all.
Ghosts and goblins,spooks, galore,
Tricky witches at your door.
The spooks are after things you do,
In fact a spook brought this to you!!!
The excitement comes when friends like you
Will copy it & make it two
We'll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who "BOO"ed whose places!!!
Just two short days to work your spell,
Keep it secret, hide it well.
Please join the fun, the season's here.
Just spread these "BOO's" & Halloween cheer.

Join www.highlowaha.com
in catching the Halloween spirit and "Booing" two more blogs. Simply cut and paste this into the comment section of two of your favorite blog sites.

Libby said...

I vote for #9!! Of course, it would be nice to have them all!

Allie is indeed a princess - a beautiful one at that!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I haven't said hello in a while but wanted to let you know that I still check up on you guys every day there is just something about seeing those smiling faces.
I vote for #9 although it was very hard to choose they are all so beautiful.

Candy (your triplet friend in minnesota)

shortmom said...

She is beautiful!!!!! Very hard to choose but I am picking #9

Angela said...

#6 gets my vote

Jen said...

I think my favorite is #9 but WOW all of them are so adorable!!!!!

Jen

Kristine said...

They are all great but I just love #11. It is a beauitful close up :) Let us know which one wins.

monicac2 said...

Number 5!!!!

I think I may be the only one who picked it! But you have to show those sweet little baby legs in the picture, which is why I love #5! After that, my 2nd choice is #9!

Tonya said...

Heather,

Those pictures are just ADORABLE! Now, if I HAD to choose just one... I'd pick #11.

What if you put a grouping of two or three? I also LOVED numbers 2 and 3! (They show her spunk, and I've ALWAYS LOVED shots from behind)

Here's another idea.. my sister has this really NICE picture frame that holds MANY pictures. (You can get them in different sizes - like 5x7 and 4x6) Her's came from Kirklands. (Then you could use ALL of them) O:-) I'm no help, I know! =-)

Here's ANOTHER thought.. Have you thought of doing any "canvas wraps?"

I've ordered a few from a GREAT website. (It's called mpix.com) Their work is SO PROFESSIONAL and is every bit as cheap (or cheaper than Walmart). I'm VERY SATISFIED with EVERYTHING I've ever gotten from them. (They will usually ship your order within 24 hours of you placing it - at NO EXTRA CHARGE!) Now, you'll have to wait the normal "ship time" UNLESS you pay to get it there faster, but SERIOUSLY, I can't say enough good things about them! (I actually JUST ordered a 20x30 of the 3 boys together last night. It's the one I have on Brent's site. My TOTAL INCLUDING shipping was under $80 - it was a canvas on double matboard) I'll take a picture of it on the wall after I get it framed and post it on my blog.

That may be WAY TOO MUCH info.. but it's GREAT info so I thought I'd share! :-)

I can't wait to hear what you and Donnie had for your favorite.

LOVE YOU!