Monday, October 13, 2008

And the Winner Is . . .

The winner of the photo collage is . . .

ASHLEY GILLETTE
(agillette2113)


Ashley, please leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I will have my mom get in touch with you. I won't publish your comment - so your e-mail address will remain private.


I used random.org to pick the winner - and I did include those who sent an e-mail
or left a comment on Jacob's CB site. :) Thanks so much to everyone for playing along and leaving a comment. I wish I was able to give you all something!

*****************************


Also, there were a couple more questions asked . . .


1. My question is what is a day for you and Allie like when the boys are at school?
After we take the boys to school, we come home and eat breakfast. After breakfast we head upstairs and Allie usually follows me around while I clean up, make beds and put a load of laundry in. (The boys make their own beds - but I usually "straighten" them up a bit!) Then we get dressed and run errands. If we don't have any errands then we read books, play outside or take a walk. Allie eats lunch at 11am and then lays down for a nap at 11:45 and sleeps till 2pm - when it is time to pick up the boys. I LOVE schedules - but have learned that with 4 kids - you have to be flexible. There is a Kindermusik program starting in our neighborhood next month and I am looking forward to starting that with Allie - but probably not till after the holidays! We are just too busy this time of year.

2. I was wondering what you do with Allie's clothes after she outgrows them?
I have given several boxes of Allie's clothes away to friends who have baby girls, but I still have so many of her clothes. Not sure what to do with them . . .

3. Could you post the following information?
The Southeast Bloodhound Rescue group could win a much needed $25,000 if they receive enough votes. I am a bloodhound owner, we have 3, 2 of which are working bloodhounds for the local Police Search and Recovery Team and the third we got when he was older and he is our team mascot. These are such noble dogs and love what they do. Any little blurb you could give about this would be appreciated. Here is the link and info needed. http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?
siteId=3
Enter Shelter Name: Southeast Bloodhound Rescue
State: GA
City: Carrollton


***************************


Also, Journey with the Lord wrote several great posts about celebrating Halloween as a Christian. If you are interested, you can read her post by clicking HERE.


***************************


And PLEASE go check out Angel's post called

Operation Princess Hair.

She is raising money to buy sweet Abby a Hat with Hair! Abby was adopted from Guatemala and was recently diagnosed with leukemia. She is 3 years old and is the most precious thing ever! Her family is filled with faith and is an inspiration to all. Please consider donating to this wonderful cause for a beautiful little girl. And please pray without ceasing for Abby's complete healing! I can't tell you how my heart dropped when I read that she had cancer . . .


******************************


We just got back yesterday from our annual camping trip at Fort Wilderness at Disneyworld. The whole family went - all 17 of us. I can't exactly say that we were "roughing it" in the wilderness - but the 6 of us did sleep in a tent . . . yes, a TENT! And we did use the public shower - so that counts as roughing it in my book. So much fun for the boys - but this Momma much prefers the comforts of a hotel. :) All kidding aside - we did have a fabulous time together and I've got lots of pictures and videos to share as soon as I have time to download them. In the meantime, you can see pictures from our camping trip last year by clicking
HERE.


**********************************


Okay, that was one random update - with a little bit of everything! :)


Ending with a scripture . . .


"I will not leave you to face life all alone. I am coming to you."
John 14:18

At this busy time of year - I am glad that I don't have to face life all alone! Thank goodness God is always with us. I just need to take time to listen to him more!


Thankful for His company,

12 comments:

Bobbi said...

You are on brave Mama! I too, prefer the comforts of a hotel, but we have a tent too! Can't wait for the pictures.

Rebekah said...

Hi Heather ... great post yet again ... I love the question/answer segments! We get to 'peek' inside your day to day life and it is fun ... also thanks for all the charity info as well! And of course - looking forward to the camping pictures ... you are MUCH MUCH braver than I am - public showers and I don't mix ... Hope you have a wondeful week!

Rebekah,Jaden & BAbY#2

Anonymous said...

Well anytime you are ready to give some clothes away, THINK OF ME AND KAYLEE BUG...I love all Allie's clothes...

Love, Marci

Darlene said...

I enjoyed reading all the questions and answers.
The scriputre of not being alone is a wonderful reminder that we are never alone. I am so glad that HE is with me and I am never alone. Thanks for sharing!
Darlene

Happy Columbus Day!

Ashton and John's mom said...

i am not even sure i could "rough it" at the wilderness! i'm with you-a hotel it has to be!

Libby said...

Heather --

Kindermusik is a phenomenal experience for children - and their parents! My sister has been a Kindermusik educator for several years and still raves about the difference it makes in most children. If you're interested in reading her blog, check it out at http://masterworks.wordpress.com/. I'm sure she would love to speak with you about the program if you have any questions - she may even know of an educator in your area if you have need of a recommendation. I cannot wait to see videos of Allie in that setting!

Michelle Riggs said...

Thank you so much for praying for Abby and for telling others about her.

I love reading your blog and it is comforting to me. We are praying fo Abby to be healed, but more importantly, we want to love God and serve Him no matter where this road leads us.

Praying for you and your beautiful family.

Lakeville Vertical said...

Love the new photos. We celebrate Halloween also. We are a pretty conservative family but we make it what we want. A fun time. Glad to know others feel the same way. Hope you have a blessed week. :)

Dana said...

FYI----Laneah's birthday trip to build-a-bear reminded me of Jacob. You stuff a bear adding a heart and you can buy a special purple heart for $1 (I know it's not much) but it goes to childhood cancer. Laneah's bear has a purple heart in it. Allie would love this activity as well. See my site for pictures soon. Hopefully even $1 will help :) Thought you could let your readers know about that.

Tonya said...

Heather,

I apologize for not emailing you quicker, but I wanted to let you know that the boxes arrived! (I've not yet seen them as I quickly passed them on to my sister-in-law) THANKS SOOOO MUCH! I'll get back with you soon by email. (I hope) I just saw your comment tonight and wanted to hop on over here before I let ANOTHER day get past me.

Now, about Zach's birthday. It's so hard to believe that cancer has been part of our world for almost 4 years now. So, YES, many of you have watched our boys literally "grow up" before your very eyes. (As we have yours) =-) It's so STRANGE for me to know that Zach is the age Brent was when he went HOME to be with the LORD. I simply can't fathom them being "the same age." (I KNOW in my mind that no matter how old they get, BRENT will ALWAYS be their older brother) =-)

I guess I'll sign off for now. It's been a long day and I'm SO READY for bed! Hehehe..

THANKS AGAIN for for the sweet gift! I hope we can find a way to bless YOU and your sweet family soon.

LOVE YOU!
Tonya

Anonymous said...

I am on your side...a hotel is roughing it for me...especially with four kiddos!! Glad you had a good time... xo lyns

valerie said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. My Nannie is one very special lady. She's been through some tough times...including the death of her little 8 yr. old daughter. It was just supposed to be a simple tonsilectomy.
She's very amazing and like I said, hearing her tell her real-life stories is like reading a novel.
I love your blog and although I don't comment every time I love checking in and seeing your family pictures.
The kids are just so adorable!
Be blessed today Heather!
Love,
Valerie