Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Campfire Fun

Hello friends,

This past weekend we went camping at Fort Wilderness at Disneyworld. It is always so much fun for the kids . . . and my guys were very excited about this trip. They love spending the weekend outdoors . . .

Sleeping in a tent,
Critters and bugs,
Public showers,
Eating outside,
Smore's,
Campfires,
Flashlights,
Nature hikes,
Swimming,
Canoeing

Yep, my boys love the whole camping experience! And even though about the only thing I like about camping is the smores - I LOVE watching my guys have so much fun. And it is great to get away from the chaos, the TV, the computer, the schedules and just have some good old-fashioned family fun. We all had a fantastic time together.

Here's Allie before we left! We left Thurs. night and got home Sunday afternoon.
Yes, 3 nights in a tent!

We went to Animal Kingdom on Friday.
We took this picture and realized Kyle was missing . . .

So we had to take another one with him in it - but by then Allie was ready to get down. It's hard to wrangle in 8 kids for a picture. :)Devin & Allie

Allie & Brandon with Uncle Steve (my brother)
Look how big my nephew is! It's hard to believe he is almost 4 months old. Of course we had to visit with a few characters. Allie LOVES them and knows them all by name.



Allie loves her daddy!



The best part of camping is making smores around the campfire!

Joey is smiling and laughing now - such a fun age.

I hate that this picture is blurry because I just love it!
Love this one, too!
Allie had a ball camping - although it sure was hard keeping up with her around the campsite. She is into everything - and loved it all! I do believe she is going to be just like her brothers. :)


We went swimming at the pool and had so much fun. Allie absolutely loves the water and has no fear! She will even jump in and get her face wet. Not much bothers her at all. However, she does not like getting out of the water and is known to throw one major fit when it is time to leave. Definitely a water baby!
The boys had a lot of fun playing together, too!
They are wild and crazy!
Notice Allie trying to get in on the fun. :)

Devin

Daddy getting Kyle!
All the boys went canoeing.
They took up 3 canoes . . . and all the dad's were sore the next day. :)
Here's Kyle after the canoe trip - he LOVED it!

Finishing up dinner with my dad, George & my mom.
Kyle & I with our Mickey & Minnie shirts
And Donnie & Allie with Donald & Daisy.
Only at Disney can we get away with wearing these shirts! Actually all 17 of us had a different Disney character shirt - but we didn't get a picture. Yes, we are that family that all dresses alike when they are on vacation. But it does make it easier to keep track of everyone and I promise we don't dress like that at home. ;)

Oh, how I love them!
Grandmom with the kids.

Kyle having fun dressing like Davy Crockett in the gift shop!


Another picture that I just LOVE!
Having fun at the playground . . .
Brandon & Allie


Kyle & Allie

My guys!
Love the picture below, too!
Did you notice that Allie changed clothes?
That's because she fell into the water.
The nasty scummy pond water.
Ewww!
Donnie was right there to pull her out - and she came out laughing! Crazy girl!
She gave me a panic attack - but it didn't bother her one bit. We had to take her to the pool shower to clean her up and change her clothes. There is never a dull moment with this crew. :)
The water below is where she fell in. :)
Yes, this one keeps me on my toes! ;)
But she sure is sweet and so much FUN!
Thank goodness I have the boys to help me keep up with her. They are such good brothers!
And of course, there were lots of cardinal sightings! But this is the best picture I could get. Oh, how we miss Jacob in everything we do . . . but he is always with us in spirit!
I know that was a lot of pictures! But each one holds a special memory for me. :) Funny how camping is just not my thing - yet somehow I know that some of my fondest memories are going to be of the times spent camping with my family. Such a treasured time . . . I am blessed beyond measure with the gift of my family. They are what makes camping FUN!

Ending with a scripture . . .

"For we are God's masterpiece."
Ephesians 2:10

"You are a child of Almighty God, creator and ruler of the universe. Someone God is "raising" to be His companion for eternity. You are NOT insignificant. Admittedly, you are a work in progress. God still has more work to do with you -- but He is the artist, and He will finish Hiswork. As you submit to God, the easier it is for Him to change you into the wonderful image He has in mind."
Church For All

Work in progress,

21 comments:

Sarah said...

What a FUN weekend!! I love how you all dress up and are always off on some great adventure! How great for the kids to have these memories (even if it involves sleeping in a tent - LOL)!!

Heather... your family is amazing and beautiful! I am glad your cardinal found you! I am sure Jacob is with you wherever you are too!

Many many hugs and always FROGging, my friend!

Constance said...

We are one of those crazy camping families. It was always SO much work but I loved it and still do! The hardest camping trip for me was when our just-turned-18 year old son Charles, was 9 months old. We were in Yellowstone and he wanted to crawl everywhere! He hated being in the pack & play while his sisters were running around the campsite! I changed his muddy clothes so mny times I lost count! Now he goes backpacking with his Dad and loving it!

Connie

Victoria Smith said...

GREAT PICS AS ALWAYS! DO YOU SCRAPBOOK?

MY FAVORITE IS THE PICTURE OF KYLE BY HIMSELF....WHAT A GREAT PICTURE! HE IS REALLY GROWING UP!

TAKE CARE!

LOVE VICTORIA

(BRAYDON'S MOMMY)

WWW.BRAYDONSMITH.COM

Jennifer said...

oh man it looks like you guys had a blast!! All the pictures are all adorable...my favorite is the one with the boy's holding Allie's hands, then I like the family picture with all of your Disney shirts...and of course the one with the red cardinal just takes my breath away as it is so apparent that Jacob's sweet spirit is with you all--where ever you all go--so it seems. Thanks for sharing Heather.

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys had a ton of fun!
Typing up a sermon for my husband and he included this passage. What comfort these words give! Praying!
1 Peter 2:22-24 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Prayer Bears

Elaine said...

What a beautiful family.
Elaine from MT

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I ket thinkging "Oh this one is my favorite pic!" then I would scroll down and see another one and think "no this one is my favorite!" And so on...

All the pics are amazing because the love you have for each other is so obvious.

Allie is stunning.
Joey is so big!! How did that happen? :)
The matching shirts? Priceless!
And the cardinal? Jacob is everywhere - I just love that.

Thanks for sharing all this with us. Love it all...except the public showers!

Hallie :)

SaraG said...

What a wonderful camping trip you had! Love all the pictures. You have a beautiful family!!
Take care.

Maria and Family said...

Heather I am glad I found your blog...We live in Fl and are off to Fort Wilderness in November. We love it there but arent brave enough for a tent..yikes. We have an rv. That is my kind of "ruffin it" ;)
Your family is beautiful. We also have a beautiful Guat-tot :) Check out my blog if want. Prayers for Jacob who is smiling down on you from heaven. Blessings, Maria

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing!
I always love looking at your Disney pictures because thats our favorite magical place!!!
Beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your pictures heather looks like you all had a blast,and the matching tshirts are so cute!!!

Carmen said...

Heather i love all the pictures, it looks like you all had a great weekend. Kyle reminds me of Rodney when he was that age, he bought a Davy Crocket hat and wore it for the longest time, in every picture :). Joey is adorable and growing like crazy....

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the sweet comment!

Love the Disney pictures! I worked at the Magic Kingdom during summer 2001 while I was in college but haven't been back since. I can't wait to go back one day!

Allie is adorable and is the same age as my Addie (both born in February 2007)

I love to read your blog! I hope you don't mind if I put a link on mine to yours. Your family is beautiful and the love shines through in all the photos!

I'll definately keep reading... your blog actually inspired me to start one! :-)

God Bless!

Kyle said...

Heather and family-
It sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I always love when you guys show off your Disney shirts! Maybe I'll be "that" family one of these days!! :)
It's much better than what my parents had to keep track of us! We used to have this jump rope type thing that had three rings on it and those rings were velcroed to our wrists... so tacky! And all because my brother was "that" kid... never where you left him, ALWAYS running off and getting in trouble. THe kind of kid who never met a stranger.
My mom says it's her fault because she named him Bryan... pay attention next time you're at a big place (theme parks, targets/walmarts, etc.), trust me, you'll hear someone yelling "Bryan!" (it's always a Bryan!). I'm convinced she's right... needless-to-say, none of my children will be named after their uncle Bryan!!! :)
Thanks so much for posting all those pictures of your beautiful family. Can't get over how big Joey is getting, he looked super cute in his Disney shirt! Please let Rhonda and Steve know they are in my prayers. As are all of you. Give Alllie and the boys an extra hug from me! Love, Kyle (from CT)

Norissa said...

May I say that I am totally GREEN with envy! :o) It combines my favorite things!! My love of Disney and camping!! I think it is wonderful that you went on this trip. My husband grew up going to WDW every summer, and we had been going every year. IT has been 5 years since we have been and we really want to get back! Anyway, I went off on a tangent that you probably don't care about :o). I love that you share you adventures with "us". You have an amazing family!!!!!!! God Bless!

Jodee said...

What a fun outing! You got soooo many great pictures!

Darlene said...

Sound like a wonderful trip and memories that will last a lifetime! I enjoyed seeing the picctures.
Thanks for sharing!!
Darlene

Bobbi said...

AHHHHHHH Allie and Reese could get into some trouble together. Can't believe you didn't get a pic of the pond fall.

Looks like lots of fun for you all. You are a great sport. I think you all dressing alike is cute. My family would never do it!

The boys are really getting big and changing so much.

Baby Joey is sooooooo cute!

Audra said...

Oh I just love all the photos, I love all the fun traditions ya'll have too! They inspire me, I want to have those fun get-aways, only we don't have fun stuff like Disney World in our backyard :) Maybe we should move to Florida, oh how I wish! It's been a year since our trip to Disney and we have to wait until next year to go back :( makes me sad. We just LOVED it there, truly is a Magical place, where Dreams come true! Love the update, Love you guys.
Many Blessings!
Much Love,
Audra Deffenbaugh

Victoria said...

Hey Heather:
An idea for the photo you love that is a little out of focus. In one of the photo shop programs you can dilute the color and fuzz the edges. When you do that it makes the picture seem more focused drawing the attention to the features of the face, which is what you actually love anyway. Once the colors are diluted you can do a sepia effect or just leave it with the colors faded. I've done that with photos and people love the effect and the photo that wasn't so good become a treasure.. Just an idea.
Neither Kit or I have heard from Sarah at boot camp. She left the 29th of Sept and I thought I would hear something from her by now, but I'm assuming no news is good news... Please keep her in your prayers. I know Donnie & Allen both did boot camp and survived. I guess I'm still having a hard time imagining my "baby" girl who is such a "girly girl" in that environment.
Love reading about all God is doing in your lives..
My love to all of you as well as my continued prayers.
Love
Vicki
/Users/victoriacharbonneau/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2008/Sarah/IMG_7742.JPG

Tessa said...

Fort Wilderness looks like so much fun! It is so neat that your family lives close enough to take advantage of having yearly tradition to go there .. and all of your pictures show how much fun everyone had together!