
Hello friends,
The theme for Favorite Foto Friday is FRIENDS - and since we did that a couple of months ago - I didn't really have any new pictures to share, so I thought I would try something new today!
I was thinking of how much I enjoyed reading your comments about Allie's Tutu Pictures. It was really great getting your opinions and ideas . . . and it is so nice when you all "talk" back to me in the comments. :)
So I was thinking of having a "Question of the Week" where we can all share our ideas, thoughts, stories and opinions. I started jotting down questions and realized that I have so many questions I want to ask YOU! For the first week, I thought I would start with an easy question - something light and fun . . .
Where is your favorite place to shop online?
As for me . . . I have 2 places that I just LOVE to shop! The first place is where I buy most of Allie's shoes - Sweet Soles. They have the biggest selection of shoes for little kids I've ever seen! ALL of the shoes I've bought have been from the Clearance section and were all under $10. Several of you have asked where I bought Allie's orange sandals - and this is where I got them - along with the black pair, too. :) Both pairs for $20! This site is great - especially if I'm looking for a certain color. And they ship FAST!
My second favorite online site is M-Pix. It's a great photo site and this is where I order most of my enlargements. I've even ordered a 10x13 and it was perfect. They do a great job! (I usually use Walgreens for everyday developing - just too convenient!) But if I want anything larger than a 4x6 - I use M-Pix!
If you've got a favorite place to shop online - leave a comment and let us know! Share your secret places to shop. :) Thanks for "talking back."
My second favorite online site is M-Pix. It's a great photo site and this is where I order most of my enlargements. I've even ordered a 10x13 and it was perfect. They do a great job! (I usually use Walgreens for everyday developing - just too convenient!) But if I want anything larger than a 4x6 - I use M-Pix!
If you've got a favorite place to shop online - leave a comment and let us know! Share your secret places to shop. :) Thanks for "talking back."
And just for fun - here's another question for you! These are Kyle's Halloween costumes over the past several years . . .
Vampire
FrankensteinWerewolf
Anybody want to try to guess what he is going to be this year??
We've got another busy weekend full of fall fun with family & friends! The boys don't have school today - so we have a nice long weekend together. (And that's why I'm posting so early - everyone is still asleep!) I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to share next week. I just love this time of year. I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed weekend.
Ending with a scripture . . .
“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
Don't you just love this scripture? Just a wonderful feeling to know that God loves us so much!
With Him,





47 comments:
WOW! Im first to comment! I just LOVE reading your blog and checking in on your SWEET family! Looks like Kyle has a classic monster theme goin on! Ill say...ummm The Swamp Thing ????
As for online shopping..I dont do lots, but I love scrapbook shopping at wwww.allyscraps.com ! :)-GretchenT (Indianapolis)
Heather - You all are great at making costumes, I should have you come help me with my 2 boys this year! I'm not a big online shopper, but hope to do more online shopping for Christmas this year. I do order quite a few books thru amazon though! As far as Kyle's costume this year - I'm guessing he's going to be a dinosaur (is that too obvious to be correct?!) Enjoy the weekend - looking forward to reading everyone's responses -
Andrea
zappos.com for grown up shoes
boden.com for clothes for the whole family
ebay.com for anything you can think of
inthecompanyofdogs.com for supplies for my 2 favorite wieners
Hallie :)
What monster is left? I am drawing a blank...
Oh Heather - this is a fun post ... LOVE the Halloween Pictures! And love the question of the week idea ... count me in ... and my answer would have to be something oh so simple ... Toys R Us ... since I am so far from family I shop there a lot and have toys and gifts sent to my nieces and nephews in NY! I will have to visit these sites though ... hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Happy FFF!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 too
First to comment for once!
I like to shop at Amazon, I know its a big site, but, they are just about like Walmart, good pricing on most everything. And free shipping when you spend more than $25, which is easy to do!
My favorite place to shop online? Easy! eBay! I think I need to join a helpg-group - eBayers Anon. It's pitiful, but I just can't help myself. If I find something in a store that's expensive, I immediately look for it on eBay. There's a ribbon store & children's boutique near my office, and they made the cute little overalls with fabric sown into the legs, knees, etc. They charge $50-60, which I can't afford. Instead I went to eBay, typed in "boutique" and the size, and got the cutest botique clothing ever...all for under $20!
Thanks so much for your Blog, Love it! Love Disney!
Favorite places to shop on-line are Amazon and Shutterfly!
Yeah... oops... forgot that "friends" was used so soon before now... was hurrying to leave town last week! LOL! But, I love your stand in post!
I am going to have to check out Mpix... I have been meaning to get some developed for some time now!
Cute costume progression... hmmm... wonder what he will be this year. I am a horrible guesser, so can't wait to see!
This is my first time leaving a message, but I want you to know that I've been reading your blog since the beginning. I started out as an avid reader of Jacobs page, but was never quite sure what to say, so I just stayed quiet and checked daily for new updates. When you started this blog, I just couldn't get enough :) You're so good with words and so inspiring and your kids, well....they are just gorgeous :) Everytime I log onto the computer, I'm always hoping for a new blog. Obviously, I know you're busy and can't update everyday, but a girl can dream can't she? LOL! I just really enjoy reading what you have to say and have learned a lot from you and your family.
As for todays topic...my favorite place to shop online is Old Navy. I always go right to the clearance section as well and they always have such cute stuff for great prices. I have a 2-1/2 year old Daughter and I love shopping for her, but if we were to pay full price for things, we'd go broke :)
I also enjoy searching Ebay and have purchased tons of stuff from there.
Now, onto Kyle's costume :) I know he's a fan of the classic monsters and the only one I can think of is The Creature from the Black Lagoon?
Heather,
I love this idea!!! I cant wait to check out that shoe site for my baby girl!!! Im addicted to shoes!! LOL
Here are some of my favorite Online stores...
www.etsy.com it is all homemade things that people sell..I love it! I find such great and cute things that people make for my little girl...Last week i had a Tutu made for $12 in any color i wanted!! I have also bought a engraved necklace ,Custom order bows,dresses,ETC!!!
I think your son is going to be a angel this year!!! Since he's sooo sweet and all!!! LOL
Hugs,Leslie
Hi Heather!
What a fun blog to share "favorite places to shop online"! Well, i HATE to actually go to a "store" to shop, so all of my shopping is done online. But I must admit my favorite place to shop for gifts is "www.personalizationmall.com". I got my flower girl and ring bearer shirts there for my wedding, and then I got my mom some coasters with mine and Aaron's wedding pic on them. They have some GREAT stuff on that site! My favorite shoe store is Endless.com. And my favorite clothing stores are BananaRepublic.com, and VictoriasSecret.com. Believe it or not, Victoria's Secret has some really nice clothes and GREAT sales (especiall during their Semi-Annual Sales that go on during Jan and July of each year). :)
I JUST found out about MPix.com and I'm so glad you mentioned it, too! I think Aaron and I might get some of our wedding pics printed off on that site!!
OK...take care and have a GREAT weekend! I hope to post to my own blog here this weekend, so you'll have to stop by and check it out! :)
Oh, and my guess for Halloween this year for Kyle is Warewolf (sp)! :) God Bless!
I love to decorate and I love primitive/country decor. One of my newest favorite sites is www.factorydirectcraft.com. I've already ordered twice from them and love everything I've ordered.
I'm in love with Etsy and shop there more than I should. I wish I was creative enough to sell there, but buying is almost as good! :)
I also love Preschoolians (my shoe fetish). They're similar to Robeez, except I can design my own to match Silas' outfits. Too fun.
Other than that, it's Craigslist and Ebay for us for buying and Freecycle for getting rid of.
Have another fun fall weekend! Family Fun Night tonight for us is costume making. I'm curious to see what ideas my boys will come up with. My guess for Kyle is something with Star Wars or dinosaurs, although his past costumes have been very traditional so that's probably way off. A cowboy? :)
Great idea!!
I love Bestdressedchild.com Etsy and ebay for actual shopping on line.
I do hit a lot of stores like Janie & Jack online but end up buying in the store if possible.
I love to do as much shopping on line as I can...simply b/c I hate going to crowded malls...espcially with four little ones.
I really love 1/2.com. Its a great place to get gently used videos and dvd's. We have a HUGE collection of dvd's and we've rarely paid full price!
XO Lyns
I don't have a specific store I shop at, but I do have a specific site I shop through. It's www.goodsearch.com. This site has links to tons of online stores and then a portion of your purchase (determined by each participating store)goes directly to a charity or non-profit agency of your choice. The agency does have to be registered with goodsearch. I work for a non-profit agency, thus it is a good way to generate donations for us. When I shop, I go to the goodsearch website, enter the agency or charity name (I think you can do a search for one if you don't know of one), then click on goodshop. All the participating stores are there for your shopping pleasure! I'm assuming there would be a charity for childhood cancer that could benefit from all our shopping! Goodsearch allows you to download a toolbar so you can do internet searches through them....a penny per search then is donated to the charity you pick. Shopping and donating money all together with no extra charge is great!
Ah so many places so little time.lol. I like amazon for books and video's. and also joanne fabrics. ttys. Lin n Crew~*
My new favorite site is www.preciousbows.com. They have such unique bows (such as the ladybug bow under Fun Boutique Bows) and are reasonably priced. I'm addicted now!
I just LOVE this idea. In fact, I think you should "host" it, with Mr. Linky, to encourage more "talking" on blogs. I just love it when I get a comment, and learn more about my blog friends.
OK, my favorite online shopping places:
Christianbook.com
vintagelily.com
bellababy.com
polkadotdesign.com
Happy shopping!
Darlene
my favorite place to shop online is... old navy,bach and body works and frenchtoast.com my kids wear uniforms.
HI Heather,
I am an e-bay girl! But I can't wait to see what interesting sites other people shop on. I will have to try out some of the suggested ones.
Enjoy your weekend, I am off to get my two teens ready for their Homecoming dance.
Maureen
Yes, I love that verse! We had a scripture song we sang in HS youth group with that verse.
I don't have a favorite place to shop online, but I love the fact that I CAN shop online. SOOOOO convienent!
I like www.Imyoursinc.com
They have the cutest clothes!
What a cool idea! Hmm I don't really shop online much, so I'll have to be boring and say ebay even though I hate ebay because I like to just buy, not bid and wait and get outbid.
Kyle's costume...hmm well he likes Star Wars so I'm going to guess Darth Maul, he's a bit scary looking!
my two favorite sites are
1) www.lovetolearn.net It sells books for homeschooling and cool unusual toys. With free shipping over $29
2) www.alibris.com They sell used books. There have been books I was looking for since I was a kid and I found them here. They are cheap but watch shipping.
Also I am a faithful amazon shopper. With a special needs child it saves me a lot of hassle
Great costumes!! My kids would be jealous.
I am going to check out the shoe site. Sounds great--and good prices. Thanks for the tip.
I am a shoes.com fan. They tend to be a bit pricey, but usually offer what my kids want, and their shipping is free--even if you return it.
I like this idea!
Heather, for the most part, I'm one of those "lurkers", although I've posted a time or two. But I had to put in my two cents on online shopping, because boy, do I love bargains! My favorite site for online is www.bookcloseouts.com because I can get a ton of great books for my son, myself, my husband, and anyone else that I think NEEDS to be reading! They have wonderful deals on books, and you don't have to worry about size or color, like you do with clothes. If you google "bookcloseouts.com coupons", you can usually get a $5 off coupon, too.
I do love your blog, and even though I feel sad when I look at Jacob's pics, I can't help but smile at the belief that I WILL get to meet him someday. And we will all be dancing (not sure if we'll be shaking our booties, though...) for the King!
with love and HOPE.. and forever FROG-ing,
Pam from Powder Springs
My sons said a ghost, skeleton or gargoyle :) I had to ask them what they thought he would be I drew blank on the monsters as well HAHAAH :)
I do most of my shopping on ebay! HAHAHAH
What a great question. It's nice to see where everybody does their shopping and I'll be checking out a few myself. I personally LOVE ebay for just about anything. It's the first place I try when I'm looking for something and I've gotten some great bargains. I get my books from BOMC2.com. I also like personalcreations.com. Can't wait to see the question next week.
As I was reading that scripture...I was saying to myself...oh, I love that scripture! I love the worship song that sings of how mighty our God is...He is mighty to save and He can move mountains!
I just had to comment about that. And thank you for putting the link to my "Redeeming Halloween" posts on your blog. I love sharing ideas. And it is fun when people comment and you don't feel like you're just talking to yourself. :)
To answer your question...hmmm...I don't ever shop online. I guess I never realized you could buy "clearance" items online. And that's one reason why I don't. Plus, I would think it would be such a pain if you got the wrong size or didn't like it.
I have no clue what Kyle might be. Maybe something pre-historic or a paleontologist??
Heather,
That is a wonderful bible verse isn't it.
And loved all your camping pictures from your previous post. Allie sounds like she loved it all too (incl her dunk in the pond!!! :) ).
I'm not much help I'm sorry with online shopping sites. Although I am definitely a bit of an ebay girl.
Have a great weekend,
Anna
Heather, Great idea for a question of the week! My favorite shopping spot would have to be American girl.com. My daughter and I spend forever looking at all the beautiful dolls and creating wish lists for birthdays and Christmas. I think Ally would be just about the right age for a Bitty Baby or Bitty twins doll! As for Kyle, I'm not up on my monsters, so I'll guess a skeleton or a Star Wars character - maybe a Jedi or a Storm Trooper?
Heather~
I hardly ever comment--I am a lurker from way back from Jacob's site--but I love your blogs! The main amount of on-line shopping I do is for athletic shoes for my boys (ages 15 and 13) off of eastbay.com. My boys are on the small side, and on eastbay, we can find shoes that don't look like "baby shoes" (their words) for them. Soccer shoes, Cross country shoes, Basketball shoes, Baseball shoes, and casual school shoes. My daughter (age 10), on the other hand, isn't as picky, and we can find her shoes in just about any store! I also like to browse e-bay for those hard-to-find items--I can usually get them at a good price if I am patient!
My online shopping limited but I do shop quite a bit at amazon.com for books, dvds, shoes, etc. I like the question of the week; I really like reading the answers and getting ideas for shopping :)
Hi Heather!
I detest "real" shopping so I am definitely a dot com kinda girl! I also have never been a bargain shopper but within the last year, all of a sudden, I love the thrill of getting a good deal! I have no idea how that happened - my friends can tell you how much I hate shopping! Now I have my own ebay store and have found a ton of really nice things for a fraction of the price!
I can't get over how much Kyle as grown up compared to his older Halloween pics. He looks like a young man now instead of a little boy! Your kids are just sooo beautiful! I have no idea how to even begin to guess what Kyle may be for Halloween, any hints?
Have a great weekend!
Susan
My absolute favorite place to shop is etsy.com. It isn't very practical and you have to go in having an idea of what you are looking for or you can spend hours and hours looking. LOVE IT!!!
Heather, one more comment about the verse you chose. It made me think of one of my favorite songs that's out there now, Hillsong's "Mighty to Save". My son and I volunteer at a wonderful retreat for families who have a child with cancer called The Lighthouse (see lighthousefamilyretreat.org for more info). This song was a favorite for the families as well as the volunteers. Here are the lyrics (hope it doesn't clog the guestbook, but I LOVE this song!).
Blessings....Pam
Everyone needs compassion,
A Love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness,
A Kindness of a savior
The Hope of nations
(Chorus:)
Saviour,
He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save
Forever,
Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
So take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender
(Chorus:)
Saviour,
He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save
Forever,
Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
(Bridge:)
Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing, for the glory of the risen king,
Jesus Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen king
Hi Heather!
As you know from my past blog posts, I go a little nutty on my kids' birthday parties. So, my favorite online place to shop is Oriental Trading Company. They ALWAYS have so much to choose from and have made so many of the parties special with all of the unique party goods I've been able to purchase there. And they are SO inexpensive to boot! PLUS you get shipping free if you have a promo code which you can usually find online. I love OTC!!!
Jennifer
Heather - what fun you are! I am boring - Im an Amazon girl. But when you asked about favorite places to shop my two favorite books popped in my head. The first one is Unless by Carol Shields - every woman should read it. Mother, daughter, woaman - READ IT. The second one has the most amazing character named ELLA. Yup - my daughter is named after one of the main characters in The Virgin Blue written by one of my favorite authors - Tracy Chevalier. Check them out!!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Seems like I can find pretty much anything I need at Amazon...well except for autographed baseballs...have to go to ebay for that! :o)
When I share this passage I normally only include verse 4 but this whole section is really good. Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!!!
Revelation 21:2-5 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Prayer Bears
Heather I shop at Amazon and the Disney store, Gracie loves to shop there. I think Kyle will be a zombie or a grim reeper :)
Carmen
I'm loving this, great ideas on new bargin places to shop! My favorite online store is Pottery Barn Kids, I spend too much!!!!
Not sure what Kyle is going to be but I would guess something in the monster family! YOu are so creative, my poor children....:)
Hope you guys are enjoying a beautiful Fall Sunday!
Much Love,
Audra Deffenbaugh
Since I am an avid reader, especially biographies and historical stuff, I buy my books USED off of Amazon! I have gotten some great books from them and the way I see it, the book doesn't look brand new anymore after I have read it anyway and I don't mind creases and such.
Connie
Great idea for a post! I love to shop at http://ursheadwear.com/
They make great hats out of 1000 fabrics.
They even made a hat with pictures of bras on it for Abby. :-) Thanks to Angel!
Thanks for praying for Abby. We shaved her head tonight. Her brothers and sisters wont stop kissing her beautiful bald head. Good thing she loves the attention.
Those are fabulous costumes!
My favorite place to shop is www.etsy.com.
Hi Heather,
I'm not letting myself read the other responses.... I already spend too much money on:
1. eBay
2. shutterfly
3. chapters (canadian bookstore)
I love being able to do so much of my Christmas shopping without battling the crowds at the mall.
I'm a little late to respond to this post! But, I love Shutterfly for all my photo needs! I make a lot of photo books. And, I love to shop at Etsy.com (lots of neat stuff).
Also, my sister has an online business www.invitationmonkey.com where she sells products with her own artwork including notecards, labels, clothing and party hats! She lives in Daphne, AL.
Post a Comment