Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Party

Hello friends,

We had such a busy weekend! We had our annual Halloween party Saturday night with family & friends . . . but this year we took it a step further and made it a costume party and a sleepover. What were we thinking? . . . 8 wild boys all night! But it was so much fun and the kids had a blast. The adults had a pretty good time, too. ;)


The kids all dressed up in their costumes.
And we painted pumpkins . . .
And we had a spooky Halloween dinner . . .
And we bobbed for apples . . .
We decorated cookies and cupcakes . . .
(Yes, we also had 4 girls at the party - but they didn't spend the night!)
We played "Hot Pumpkin" (like Hot Potato) . . .And everyone slept over and watched a Halloween movie!


It was such a fun & crazy night!
We ate too much food . . .
We stayed up too late . . .
We made a mess all over the house . . .
But it was all worth it! :)


The boys all spent the night and were WILD and LOUD! But finally around 12:45am everyone was asleep . . . not too bad for a sleepover. Most importantly . . . Donnie & I survived! :)

Of course, Baby Girl had a ball! She loves it when everyone comes over. You'll notice in the pictures that she was in the middle of everything. She had to paint her own pumpkin and bob for apples - and she actually did a great job keeping up with all the older kids. Her personality is just too cute.

The next day we went to the Pumpkin Patch - but I'll save those pictures for later this week. But for now - the pictures from our Halloween party are in the slideshow below . . . I just had too many to post in the update. :) At the end of the slideshow are a couple of pictures of Allie in a princess play dress that Nancy made for her. You can tell that Allie LOVED it!




Oh, how thankful I am for weekends like this! I love this time with my family . . . watching my kids have so much fun . . . making memories to last a LIFETIME. I love it!

And congratulations to Shelly - for guessing Kyle's costume this year! He loves the Universal Studios Classic Monster movies and this year he is going to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon! Thanks to everyone for leaving a comment in the last post. I really enjoyed checking out all those websites - some of them I had never heard of - like I'm Yours Inc. and Preschoolians. LOVED those sites. Check them out!

And I've got to end with a big GO TAMPA BAY RAYS!! :)

Ending with a scripture . . .

"God, examine me and know my heart . . . Lead me on the road to everlasting life."
Psalm 139:23-24

Longing to be on that road,

26 comments:

Bobbi said...

Too cute!!How do you do it?? All those great snacks, and fun things? I wish I was that good.

Great costumes. Allie is an adorable ladybug.

Glad you all survived the sleepover!! They are exhausting--not just for the kids.

Proud Grandma said...

Heather:
You have the greatest parties that I have ever seen - what fun everyone must have at one of your parties!! I love all the costumes - Allie looks adorable as a ladybug!

Tessa said...

Looks like so much fun! Halloween is such a blast for kids!

Jennifer said...

oh how fun & the pictures tell it all! We're not too far from the outlet store for "I'm Yours Inc.". They have so many good deals! Thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

What a wonderful weekend you've had Heather!!!

Your photos are great and the kids look like they had a ball.

You are very creative with all those Halloween foods you made.
SO clever!!

Anna

Christine said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun. But what I want to know is how did you find the time to make all that stuff? I'm sure that's a ton of work! All the detail is unbelievable. I'm sure you will get a ton of questions, but I do have one. How do you make those peanut butter pumpkins. Way too cute! Also, all the costumes are adorable, especially Allie's ladybug costume. You are all one special family!

I have to tell you. I've been trying to write a post on "salvation". And I have NEVER had so many things go wrong. Like when I finally went to post it...the last half of my post was gone! So, I'm taking a break and instead thought I'd catch up on other blogs. :) How refreshing!

Bless you!

Anissa Mayhew said...

Heather,

What a FUN party! I didn't think anyone got more into Halloween than Holly, but I was WRONG. And I so should have guessed that there would be a full battalion of Star Wars characters present. You all rock.

Love and prayers
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Mom Of 3 said...

I love the pictures! Halloween is fun. Thanks again for sharing.

Constance said...

You're right about how things like that are a lot of work but SO worth it! I hear my children talk about those same kinds of things now that they're grown up, all of their memories from their childhood and it makes me glad we did the things we did for them! Happy Tuesday!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I lived alot closer as you always put on a GREAT HALLOWEEN party!! ((HUGS)) Love, Marci

Darlene said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
I have something for you at my blog when you can stop by.
Darlene

Rebekah said...

NOW that is a party! It looks like so much fun and boy you and Donnie are pretty brave! I am sure the boys (and Allie) had a blast! And I just love seeing her in the pictures trying to be like the bigger kids ... looks like a wonderful family event! Hope your week is going great!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 too

Leanne said...

Hi Heather,

I have two questions for you. First, I have a family journal that I am interested in self publishing. I know you rave about Blurb so I have been trying it and I have found myself frustrated. I find it difficult to add new text and just navigate it in general. Do you have any advice or special tips?

Also, my family is a big Disney family, too. I have been looking for a shirt for us to wear when we go next July and the red shirt you guys have is perfect. I can't remember if it was your mom or Nancy that made them, but would she consider taking an order for them?

Thank you so much! I love this site so much! It inspires me as does your entire family.

Leanne

SaraG said...

WOW, thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog!
Your family is amazing. I have been a quiet follower for a few years now.
I love all your pictures.
Take care.
Oh yeah, your Halloween party looked wonderful! Such happy times and love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I just love Allie's little lady bug costume. Adorable!

Kristine said...

What a wonderful looking Halloween party. Your family must be the hit of the neighbor with parties like that. I know my 9 yr old would love it.

I have to ask how did you make those "fingers"?

Anyway great pictures. I love Kyle's costume. That would be something my 9 yr old would want to be too.

Andrea said...

Wow - what an amazing party! But I have to know - did you make all the food? Very creative and it all looks great -
Andrea

♥Kelly♥ said...

HOW FUN!!

I'm in charge of my daughter's party next week. I might need some recipe details, the food you served looked GREAT!! :)

Carmen said...

Heather it looks like you all had so much fun. I think Allie is so adorable bobbing for apples. All the food looks so good. You and Donnie give your kids so many fun things to remember, your great parents.... Aliie is a beautiful Lady Bug and Princess, I love both costumes....
Carmen

Messy and Wonderful said...

Heather, you are such a good mom! I have been feeling burn out mode today and have lost sight of the fleeting time with my boys. Thanks for reminding me.
Much love, Laurie

Angela said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

MLP said...

WOW!!! That party looked like SOOOO much fun!!! Your snacks and food were AMAZING!!! So cool! You are the most wonderful mom! I love it all! Your kids are too cute in their costumes!!!

valerie said...

How fun!
Your kids will always remember fun times like these.
I'm so thankful that you all share such joyful, fun times. I am blessed every time I come to your blog. Precious, just precious!

bloggin with Lin said...

Hi Heather. Loved the pics. We have our Annual Halloween blow out this Sat. I'll be sure to send you the web site to come by and see our shin-dig. Sure is fun, huh? Lots of work but the kids and ADULTS enjoy it so mcuh. love, Lin n Crew~*

Michelle Riggs said...

What a wonderful party and great pictures. I am glad that you all had so much fun.

Laura said...

Hi! Your family Halloween parties always look like so much fun! :)

Before I sit down to watch the first game, I have to say Go Phillies! :) I couldn't resist- I've been a Phillies fan since I was three! :)

Smile :)