Hello friends,
I am so sorry for the lack of blogging - but life has been insanely busy! I'm struggling terribly with time management this week and my blog is suffering because of it. ;0)
I am so sorry for the lack of blogging - but life has been insanely busy! I'm struggling terribly with time management this week and my blog is suffering because of it. ;0)
We've had company for the past 2 weekends - which is always fun, but so much work trying to stay on top of the housework & laundry, plan menus and grocery shop. I also volunteered at the school 2 days last week and we had to get ready for Halloween. On top of all of that, I was trying to finish the Twilight series so any free moment I had (which wasn't many!) was spent reading. ;)
I did finally finish all 4 books - and can't wait till the movie comes out in a couple of weeks. I really enjoyed the series but the third book was definitely my favorite. I am so glad that I'm not the only "mom" out there getting wrapped up in a teen book. :) Someone sent me the Twilight Moms site - and it definitely made me laugh! You've got to go read the first paragraph if you are a fan - just too funny.
Now for some pictures - which I know is what you really want! :)
A couple of weeks ago we went to a Fall Festival and everyone had a great time. They had a huge corn maze - and it took us about 35 minutes to find our way out. Too much fun for the boys!
Keller, Brandon, Hunter & Devin
Kyle
Cousins
The boys carving their pumpkins . . .


We had a great Halloween. It didn't take Allie long to get the hang of trick-or-treating - she loved getting candy. :)

Devin as a Clone Trooper,
Brandon as Indiana Jones &
Kyle as the Creature from the Black Lagoon

Our little ladybug!

Kyle had one cool costume this year!

Devin as a Clone Trooper,
Brandon as Indiana Jones &
Kyle as the Creature from the Black Lagoon
Our little ladybug!
Kyle had one cool costume this year!
After a week of reading and company - I'm behind on everything! :)
I know that many of you left a question in the comments section in the last couple of updates and I have not gotten back to you yet. If I didn't answer one of your questions - please leave a comment and let me know. I've got a little more time this week to catch up on questions and blogs! I look forward to catching up with all of you.
Now I'm off to GO VOTE and pick up the boys!
I know that many of you left a question in the comments section in the last couple of updates and I have not gotten back to you yet. If I didn't answer one of your questions - please leave a comment and let me know. I've got a little more time this week to catch up on questions and blogs! I look forward to catching up with all of you.
Now I'm off to GO VOTE and pick up the boys!





24 comments:
What great costumes!! I am glad you are back. Sounds like you have had fun--and been busy.
The BMX show must have just thrilled the boys--I'm with Allie.
I might just have to try those books
I just started reading this series... still on my first book but really love it! I will have to check out that website!
LOVE the kids in their Halloween costumes! That picture of Kyle coming out of the swamp is perfect!
Glad to see you back! Let me know if you are coming up my way over the holidays!!
The kids looked great in their costumes.. esp Miss Ladybug! This time of year we are all just going to be busy busy! Glad to see a post from you!
Hey Heather and Family! Glad to hear and see that everything is going well - in spite of the craziness ... I love the Halloween Photos of the boys and the little ladybug! They looked great and I LOVED Kyle's costume ... it was great! And as always Allie looks cute as ever! Hope all is well all around and look forward to more questions and answers ...
Hugs from Minnesota!
Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too
Great photo's! The costumes your kids picked are great.
Thanks for sharing.
Heather I love all the costumes. The last picture of Kyle is great, it looks like he just came out of the water. IT looks like you all had a great time at the fall festival. Aliie is to cute in the picture where she is covering her ears, she didn't look like she was enjoying the motorcycles at all..... Have a great week.
Carmen
Heather I love all the costumes. The last picture of Kyle is great, it looks like he just came out of the water. IT looks like you all had a great time at the fall festival. Aliie is to cute in the picture where she is covering her ears, she didn't look like she was enjoying the motorcycles at all..... Have a great week.
Carmen
Have a great week, Heather... I'm glad you're back!
Love,
Melinda
Your are so blessed to have sons! I hope to have a son one day too.
Love all of the pictures. The costumes are great! Sounds like you have been really busy. I have missed your posts but totally know what you mean. Some weeks we are in "survival" mode...just getting things done. Anyway, I hope you have a great week!
Reba
Love all of the pictures. The costumes are great! Sounds like you have been really busy. I have missed your posts but totally know what you mean. Some weeks we are in "survival" mode...just getting things done. Anyway, I hope you have a great week!
Reba
Holy cow! You have been busy! It looks like you had a great Halloween. The kids look adorable in their costumes!
Praying right now!
Psalms 116:10-13 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: I said in my haste, All men are liars. What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
Love all of your photos Heather and the kids costumes are great!
Sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend.
And I really want to read those Twilight series books now after your recommendation they're so good.
Take care,
Anna
YOUR BACK!!!YIPPEE!! Great to see a post from the DUCKWORTHS!!!! I was going into major withdrawal (LOL)! Loved ALL the costumes! Allie was just cute as a "bug"!!!
I absolutely love coming here and looking at the pics of your beautiful family! I have been around for years now and I generally lurk...I draw inspiration from your family...not just becasue of Jacob but because you are a mom of 4+1 and still have a smile on your face...I am the mom of Two and find it difficult to parent/work/etc from day to day.
Today I came and here are the new pics of your amazing boys and lovely girl and it struck me.... the boys are growing up... Their faces are changing... Turning into pre teens (sort of) and for a moment my heart hurt! I can't explain it other then to say... when you put up picks of all the boy with Jacob they all look the same and even though the time has passed this is the first time I have looked and saw that they are changing as they should...and I miss Jacob, a boy I never even knew in real life...
Your children are beautiful and your family is amazing!
Julie
Hi Heather,
Wow! Amazing costumes. I cannot believe Kyle's costumes through the years. So creative!
I stop by often to check on your family and was a fervent caringbridge visitor when you primarily used that site. I completely enjoy reading all of your updates. Your family never ceases to amaze me--whether its your courage and strength or your never ending love, I am always touched by your family's experiences.
I am writing today for a far different reason. I don't leave comments often, but when I do, it's usually to comment on something amazing you and your family have done or to comment on the pics of your beautiful children. Today I write for some advice. I am extreme interested in becoming involved with the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. I visited their webiste and sent an email about volunteering. I live in Atlanta, so I assume there would be plenty of opportunities. Do you have any suggestions or advice? I have been a passive supporter, in terms of donations here and there. However, I've decided I want to do more, and can do more to help.
I chose pediatric cancer, as I had a distant cousin who earned her wings in February 2005 after a year long battle with leukemia. I was inspired by Jacob and am continually inspired by you and your family. I am very excited about the prospects for becoming involved. Any advice or comments would be wonderful.
You can email me privately at chrissy.vanberkum@gmail.com. I just thought this would be the easiest way to get in touch with you.
Thank you for inspiring me. And thank you for sharing your family with me. Although we have not met, you all have a special place in my heart--especially Jacob, the most beautiful blue eyed child.
Thank you, Heather. Have a wonderful and blessed afternoon.
Chrissy Van Berkum
chrissy.vanberkum@gmail.com
I just got caught up, and all I can say is I wish my two kids had you and Donnie for parents! You guys ROCK! The party looks like it was simply awesome! I would even like to be one of your kids! :) With both of my boys having October birthdays, this is always a busy time of year for me. I have to stop and remind myself to just enjoy and stop stressing over everything.
I found myself wondering what Jacob would have been for Halloween. I hope that doesn't upset you, I just imagine him there with you enjoying the festivities. Only he is still six with a beautiful healthy smile! I miss him, but so enjoy watching his brothers and sister (and cousins) grow!
Dominic was Prince Caspian from Narnia for Halloween. He is the big 5 year old now. It just doesn't seem possible! Thinking of you always, even when I'm not online!! I don't have a computer at work this year---can you even imagine?!
Love and FROG!
Shaun
Heather ~ Someone may have already directed your attention to this video, but if you haven't seen it already, look up the "99 Balloons" video on youtube. I think it is a beautiful tribute that speaks to the goodness of God.
Hi! I'm so glad you have all been busy having so much fun! I loved seeing the pictures! Question: Who is holding up Baby Joey in the cousins' picture? :)
It's a little early, but I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Smile :)
Heather,
I've followed your blog for years but have never left a comment. My daughter passed away in October. I have long loved your Christmas stocking idea and wondered if I could "borrow" it. I just hate the thoughts of Chrity's stocking hanging empty and know that many families in our area could benefit from gifts. You can reach me at jwells1961@hotmail.com.
Thanks so much,
Julie
Love your pictures!!!!
The kids all looked so awesome for Halloween!!!
You have an absolutely beautiful little lady bug. :)
Post a Comment