Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hello friends,

I know - you are probably shocked to actually see an update! :)

I apologize for disappearing from the blogging world for the last couple of weeks. We have been quite busy - but even more than that . . . there are times I just need to step back and take a break from the computer. The computer and blogging can become so addictive at times and when I reach the realization that all of my free time is spent in front of the computer - I know I need a break. I guess you could say that I gave myself a much-needed computer time-out! :) I have rarely turned my computer on during the last couple of weeks - and didn't read any blogs or even click on my own. No, I took a break from technology and found that I really enjoyed it. What did we do 20 years ago without the internet??? :0)

I'm back - feeling refreshed - yet not quite ready to dive back in to blogging. I enjoyed my time away too much. But I do miss you and wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! This is such a beautiful time of year and the excitement is thick in our house as the holidays approach. I just love this time of year - lots of food, fun times with family, feeling so thankful and early morning shopping - what could be better than that? :)

I am truly humbled and overwhelmed by my blessings this year. I feel so very thankful for so many things and I'm not sure I could even put it into words. God has blessed me greatly with His love, peace and joy and I am truly so thankful for this life I live with my husband and children. But I think I said it best last year . . . (although I admit to editing it a little for this year!)


"There is so much to be thankful for this year. So many times our days are busy and hectic and it is hard to slow down and reflect on all the blessings in our life. Thanksgiving makes us do that.

It makes me aware of how faithful our God is and how thankful we are that he showers us with forgiveness, grace and love.

It makes me aware of how much my husband does each day for our family, how special he is in so many ways and how thankful I am to be his wife and feel his love.

It makes me aware of each hug I get from Kyle, every joke that Brandon tells me and how Devin helps me everyday. How thankful I am to be their mother. I am so thankful for the joy my guys bring to my days.

It makes me aware of Allie's giggle and how thankful I am that she is my daughter. I am so thankful for her fun personality - she is truly beautiful on the inside and out!

It makes me aware of my mom's good cooking and how thankful I am for all that she does for us everyday. I have been so blessed with a mom who is also my friend.

It makes me aware of how truly thankful I am for my family. They are always there for us and I love how we are all so close.

It makes me aware of the fact that I am missing Jacob - especially today - but how thankful I am that he was my son. How thankful I am for the way he forever blessed my life in just 6 short years. How thankful I am to know that he lives in Heaven and one day I will see him again.

It makes me aware of how all of you have supported our family over the years with your prayers and encouragement. How honored I am to call you my friend and I am so thankful that you continue to bless our lives!

It makes me aware of how many blessings surround me everyday and I am so very thankful not just at Thanksgiving . . . but everyday! Truly I am blessed beyond measure and I give thanks to God!"

Here's a few pictures from the last couple of weeks. Not too many of the boys . . . they are usually in school and are at that age when they avoid the camera if at all possible! Thankfully they will humor me occasionally and get in the picture with their sister. :)

Devin taught Allie to make a mad face - which is so funny!
Here they are making a mad face together.










And here's a recent collage of my adorable nephew!


I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! May your day be filled with love and blessings.


Ending with a scripture . . .

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to the Most High."
Psalm 92:1

Giving thanks,
Photobucket

32 comments:

Christine said...

Welcome back! It's nice to see those sweet faces again.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Cassie12 said...

Heather:
Just stopping by to wish your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Glad you finally updated I was starting to get worried about you.
Much love and hugs.
Susan from California

Beverly said...

So thankful to hear from you but completely understand when you need a break. Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. May our sweet Lord continue to bless you in every way.

Doreen said...

I think little Joey looks alot like Steve....very cute baby! And, of course, your children are so photogenic.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy every moment you have with family and friends!

p.s. glad you're back online...I missed your blogging! :)

Carmen said...

Heather I have missed reading your blog. I spend to much time on the computer too... Gracie had to do a project on the Mayflower and the Pilgrims for school. She was talking to me the other day and she ask me if I had played games on the computer when I was a child and I said no, that we didn't have the internet or computers. She ask me if I was a Pilgrim, I thought that was so funny... I love Allie's clothes, she really looks beautiful in every color. Have a great Thanksgiving....
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Duckworth Fam!

Rachel said...

I love the pictures! I also love all the adorable outfits Allie is wearing, esp. the one with the ruffly pants :)

Sarah said...

Awww... Happy Thanksgiving to you too, my friend!! Love all the pictures of your sweet girl and her adorable big brothers!!

Hope to see you next month if you swing through here!!!

Bobbi said...

I have misse you and your family--but I know what you mean about the addiction.

Allie is turning into such a big girl. What a little doll. And, Joey is a cutie too.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family, and will check in on you again soon.

Marie said...

Awww so good to see a post from you, you have no idea how often we have all clicked over here to see that same question mark again and again!! Hope you will be back to fine blogging form again soon!

Anonymous said...

So maybe just a short update once a week to let everyone know everything's okay there!
Holidays can be hard for so many different reasons. Saying extra prayers right now.
Colossians 3:15-17 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Prayer Bears

Amy S. said...

Hi Heather,

I enjoyed seeing all the new pictures. Allie is growing! Iv noticed that she has kept some of her "baby fat". Jonathan has lost his. My children did not lose theirs...so I'm thinking we are not feeding him enough. I better work on that! :) Give Allie a hug from us.

Happy, Happy, Thanksgiving from our house to yours!


Love and Hugs..

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Duckworth Family!
I thought of Jacob this morning when we saw a cardinal in our backyard. We haven't seen one all summer so it was great to see one on Thanksgiving. I am so thankful to have come across your caringbridge site years ago. You have been such a blessing to me and I have enjoyed getting to know your amazing family.

Hope your day was wonderful with many happy memories made.

Love from MN,
Janet

Anonymous said...

and, a Very Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Thinking of you and praying for all of you in this approaching Holiday Season.

Peace & Love to you all.
Reese

Lisa & Gerald said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! hope you enjoy the time with your sweet family!
Hugs!

Victoria said...

Happy Thanksgiving Heather:
I didn't have my sweet Sarah home for Thanksgiving, but Kit, Cindy, Marc and I saw her last weekend. She graduated from Navy boot camp. I am so proud of her. She'll be home for Christmas and I'm thankful for that. I continue to keep you and your precious family in my prayers. You are such an inspiration to me and so many other. Thank you for your willingness to share with us what God is doing in your life.
Him mercy, grace and peace to you and your family
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Duckworth family! Heather, I'm glad you got your much needed break from blogging, we sure did miss you! Hugs from Fort Worth!

Unknown said...

Simply: Adorable pictures!

This is the first time I have visited your blog and want to say your children are such cuties. You son Jacob is having a flying time wherever he is - I love reading his story :) xxx.

Ashton and John's mom said...

every time you take a break and then post a picture of allie, it looks like she has aged soo much! that is a good thing at her age, but not at mine! :) as usual, she has adorable clothes and that super adorable smile! if you pop over to my blog, you will notice that i am on hiatus also. maybe permanently. i am tired of spending lots of time to write my posts, people read, but don't comment. that is so irritating! i'm still reading, though!

My Life said...

Heather, you are truly blessed! As always, the pictures of your children are priceless. I realized after looking at a few of Allie that she's not a baby anymore but a little girl. She and all your boys are growing up so fast. Now, are you ready for Christmas shopping? :)

Kristi J said...

welcome back...adorable pics!!! Loved your thankful post from last year but tweaked for this year :)
Kristi

snekcip said...

Glad to see you are back and even though I miss your updates, I FULLY UNDERSTAND how the computer can be ADDICTIVE and CONSUME YOUR EVERY SPARE MINUTE(LOL)! Love the pictures of Allie, especially the one w/the FALL DRESS, it looks as if she is doing a "curtsy"! Her ANGRY FACE is just so so cute! I remember the days when my boys would run from the camera, it's definitely a BOY THING!!! Just wait until they will think its UNCOOL TO SMILE FOR A PICTURE, every RARE PHOTO of them w/be one with the SERIOUS LOOK (LOL)!

Until then, keep capturing those SMILING FACES (while you can) and here's wishing you and your beautiful family a WONDERFUL and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

jmis957 said...

Hi! I'm glad you were able to take a break and I'm also glad that you checked-in...I was beginning to worry... I was wondering if you were going to fill Jacob's stocking again this year with books for the hospitalized children? Maybe too early to make the announcement, but I wanted to pick up a few while I was out shopping. Thanks! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Twisted Branches said...

Hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The pics are so sweet. And Joey looks like Daddy, if ya ask me!! Adorable!!

AZMom247 said...

Hi Heather!
I'm so glad you posted an update. I've missed reading about what's happening in your "neck of the woods." Looking forward to the next update, with pictures of course!
A "quiet" reader in AZ

Reba said...

So happy to see you post. I was getting worried, though I knew you needed the break. I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love all of the pictures. Allie is too cute for words! And I know what you mean about the boys...it is hard to get mine to be still or even serious enough for a picture...they act goofy when I get the camera. Hope you have a great week!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Good to see you back! I've missed you but have been away a little myself. Hoping you have a blessed season with your beautiful family. Love all the cute outfits of your sweet Allie. Can't believe how old little Joey is getting also. How fun to be his auntie. Blessings dear one. :)

Rebekah said...

Happy Thanksgiving Heather and Family! Love all the new pictures of your beautiful children and of course I love the post and what you are thankful for ... and Baby Joey is getting so big already! Why do they grow so fast?

Hugs from MN!

Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too

rockin_mom said...

I dont know if you know it, but Heather,

Hello! Glad to hear your crew had a good turkey day! Thanks for sharing the sweet pics of the kiddos.. LOVE them!

Stephanie Meyers is working on a new book from Edwards point of view called Midnight Sun. You can get the first chapter by going to the yahoo search engine and typing twiligh Edward's point of view.

Hope you enjoy! I am sooooo looking forward to the finished product!

Beverly said...

Love the new topper! Your Mom does such a wonderful job! Love seeing all the pictures and appreciate the update. I'm glad you're taking a break when you need it. I can't even imagine how busy your life must be! Thanks for all the pics and scriptures. I love your blog and check in most every day just to see the boys and Allie! Thank you, Heather, for sharing your life with all of us. May the good Lord continue to shower blessings on you and your family.

Maria and Family said...

Hi Heather :) I love all Allie's cute outfits! Do you make them? Maria

La Familia Garcia said...

Your daughter is Beautiful!! You have a beautiful family!