Thursday, August 2, 2007

Choosing Joy

Hello friends,

We have been busy here - still preparing for the arrival of Allie. Every room, closet & cabinet has been cleaned out - and it is such a wonderful feeling having it all done. We are having a garage sale at my Dad's house this Saturday and are hoping to sell much of the clutter we just cleaned out.

Allie will be going into our computer room - so we have been rearranging furniture and trying to find a new place for our computer. The computer has been on the floor all week - because we need a new outlet installed before we can hook up the computer in the new room. Of course we moved the desk before realizing this . . . so that's why our computer is on the floor! This has not made it easy on me to answer e-mails or update. My body can only tolerate about 15 minutes of floor time before my back starts to ache, my legs cramp and everything falls asleep! :) The outlet will be installed Monday - and I can't wait! Once that is done - and the computer is moved - we can start painting Allie's room.

Of course I have to send a big thank you out to everyone who has helped us! We couldn't do it without the support from our family and friends and we are so grateful for everything. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that Allie is not only being adopted by us - but is also being welcomed by all of our family and friends and prayer warriors from around the world. Thank you for celebrating this with us and sharing our joy.

We don't have any updates on Allie yet - so we are still waiting for PINK. We are thinking it will be the end of August. God has blessed us with such a sense of peace throughout this whole process - truly we have turned everything over to God and trust in His timing. But now that we are so close to bringing Allie home - the wait is getting harder and harder. Especially since her crib is up and her closet is full! We can't wait for her to come home.

Summer is quickly slipping away - the boys go back to school Aug. 20th. I don't like to think about it - it just makes me sad. I love having the boys home for the summer - I thrive on noise, chaos, love and laughter and the boys definitely bring all of that to each day - along with a little fighting and whining, too. :) But I am so thankful for the time we had this summer - I definitely cherish every day with them.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Ending with a scripture . . .

"Hallelujah! Our Lord God is the King who rules over all. Let us be joyful and glad! Let us give him glory!"
Revelation 19:6-7

"I choose joy... I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God."
Max Lucado

Choosing JOY,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Have a wonderful weekend!

Smile :)

Anonymous said...

HI Heather,

Finally got set up with a password on your new site!

I was in tears reading Donnie's letter to Jacob.

Enjoy the nesting period! I am so excited for you all. Cannot wait until Allie is in your arms.

I thought of you the other day. I have a sticker on my van that says "Got Triplets?". (We also have a older daugher Amelia who is 5 years older than the triplets.) Well, I finally ordered personal license plates that read 3xx1xy! I am so proud!. I thought that yours would read 4xy1xx!! Finally a girl!!!

With love and blessings,
In Christ,
colleen

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all! What a great feeling it must be I can only imagine! Good luck, you are in my prayers.

Carmen said...

Heather,
When your expecting the last month is the longest, so of course waiting on Allie is like being in your last weeks of pregnancy. I know what you mean about school starting.I dread it so much, my granddaughter Gracie starts kindergarten this year. I will miss her so much. She has been with me since she has been born.I've spent more time with her than I did either one of my kids. I worked and my mom and sister watched them for me. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to hear that you have pink.
Carmen

Twisted Branches said...

Can just picture you trying to post while sitting on the floor! OUCH!

Praying for PINK here too. Can't wait for pics of the whole family (and that special angel on glowing from above)!

Linda Willingham said...

Heather,

I am so excited for your family! I don't know you except through this blog but I think of your family often. I live in Washington state and was on vacation this summer in Maryland and Texas and saw a red bird three times! I instantly think of your family and pray for you when I see a red bird. We do not have them in WA.

Enjoy the weekend.
Linda Willingham

Anonymous said...

I just smiled reading this post. The nursery for the son we are adopting will be our computer room, though I am not quite sure where our computer will go. :) I know you are sad about the boys going back, though I think Allie will enjoy that time with you one on one. I have a feeling the rest of the time she will have all kinds of helpers! I am so excited for all of you and cannot wait to see the word "PINK". It is truly a wonderful time.

Trina and Jophie said...

Hey girlie :0)
Just found your blog from Jacobs sight. So good to get caught back up on you guys.

Congrats on the adoption. My stomach was all tingly and in knots waiting for Jophies adoption too. It's such a wonderful feeling!

My next adoption is going to be from Guatamala as well cept I think I'll be going for another little boy. Course pink might be a good thing too! We shall see! :0)

Be back soon!

Trina and Jophie

val richards said...

Heather..........

I am so excited for your family. It is a great feeling to be cleaning out the house and making room for your little angel Allie. I love reading your updates and they always bring a smile to my face. Have fun these last few days with the boys!!

Val

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
just have to quickly tell you that we have Sesame Street on this morning and they are teaching the children about adoption and they are traveling to Guatemala to pick up their baby! WOW!
You're Next!
Patty

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Duckworth,

Hi. You don't know me, but my name is Sarah and I'm 17-years-old. I have been a "lurker" so to speak on Amazing Jacob's Caring Bridge site for quite a while. I run a ministry called Break the Grey (www.breakthegrey.org) which exists to share the love and hope of Jesus Christ by providing encouragement and support to families facing childhood cancer or other life-threatening illnesses. Since September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month, Break the Grey is making a video/picture slideshow to raise awareness for childhood cancer. I was wondering if it would be okay with you and your family if I used a picture of Amazing Jacob in the video? If so, would you please send me one that you think would work best? Thanks a lot! God bless!

Lori said...

Hi Heather,
If only you had known! Boudreaux's Butt Paste was around when the boys were little! I had a friend send me some when my oldest was little (she is 12 now)..but the secret was that I used to live in the little town it originated in! I have loved it ever since. Can't wait to hear about Allie being home and hearing how the boys deal with life with a little girl! Should be a hoot!
good luck!
Lori
www.caringbridge.org/visit/seph

Lori said...

Hi Heather,
If you had only known! Butt Paste has been around for quite a while! I used it on my 12y/o when she was a baby and use it still today for small heat rashes! It is awesome. I lived in the town where the pharmacist created it and had it back when it was locally made! The logo has not changed!
I can't wait to hear about Allie's first flight and how the boys are getting along with a little girl in the house! Should be fun!
good luck!
Lori
www.caringbridge.org/visit/seph

Anonymous said...

Wow, it always amazes me (not sure why!) how God communicates not only through His word but through others...the title of your post "Choosing Joy" was essentially the subject of our message at church on Sunday - "The Secret of Peace". Our pastor continues a series on Philippians and this week was on joy and how it is a choice but a choice that God really commands us to make. I have always been reminded of that Heather when I read your updates, whether it be on Jacob's wonderful site or through your new blog site. As always, thanks for sharing your family and your faith in such a real way. We love you! Continuing to pray for no bumps int he road to bringing Allie home.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are all enjoying these last lazy? days of summer! We are having a heat wave right now and I start back to school tomorrow, getting the room ready, etc. It's both sad and exciting. One day at a time. I love you guys and hope you are doing awesome, and that pink is coming very soon!

FROG! Shaun