My favorite photos today are the sweet faces of my children . . .
I love each of my children completely, unconditionally and fiercely! I pray daily for them, I watch over them and would do anything to protect them. More than anything I want my children to grow up and be happy . . . loving God, helping others and doing their best in life. I want them to be proud, yet humble. Happy, yet compassionate. Successful, yet not greedy. I want them to be loved and know how to love back. They are my world . . . and I know that many of you feel the exact same way about your own children. I want to give my children all the blessings this life has to offer . . . Oh, how I wish I could guarantee - and give my kids the perfect life.
But I can't.
They will eventually grow up and make their own decisions . . . and already I have learned that I can't protect them from everything - no matter how hard I try or how much I pray. I know that their hearts will be broken, sad times will come and life will sometimes be challenging for them. But I can always promise to be there for my children - available to help them no matter what they go through. I feel their pain when they hurt and my heart soars with joy when they are happy. I love them with all of my heart and soul and I know that I always will . . . through life and death.
"Faith is being willing to trust God - turning your hopes and problems over to Him and trusting in His wisdom - and knowing that somehow everything will turn out for the best. No matter how difficult or dark things become, there is always a light."
Barbara Jean Olsen
Many of you have questioned how I can keep my faith despite all the hardships we have been through. How can I be so trusting of the Lord when we have watched our child suffer and pass on to Heaven? The bible tells us that
"The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate."
Psalm 103:13.
I like to think that God loves us MORE than we can imagine . . . even more than we care for and love our own children. We live in this fallen world . . . and unfortunately sickness, evil, tears, sadness and death are a part of it. We make our own decisions . . . and choose how we live our life on earth. I see God as our Father - wanting all those things for US that we want for our own children. I see God hurting when we do and loving us through life and death. I see Him always here with us - helping us through this life with His strength, His grace, His mercy and His love. I see Him forgiving us when we sin - just as we forgive our own children for the mistakes they make. Having children has made me understand better the love God feels for us and has strengthened my love for Him. It is so hard to comprehend God loving us MORE - but He does! I choose to trust God and praise Him and thank Him everyday. I am so grateful for the grace He pours down on our family - for we could not have gotten through the past 4 years without Him. And I am most thankful for the HOME he has prepared for all of us in Heaven because it gives me the promise of seeing Jacob again!
I am still stumbling along on my faith journey - but my faith grows stronger each year. I have seen God's miracles in our life, felt His peace and soaked up His love. I am blessed to have God in my life because I couldn't make it without Him. However, I am still learning and I definitely have my moments of weakness when I cry out to the Lord in anguish asking "WHY??" Faith is a life-long learning process - but I am anxious for my relationship with God to continue to grow . . . I am thirsting for more!
We are all at different points in our faith journeys . . . and that's okay. Everyone is different and I don't judge anyone for their beliefs. We all have to travel our own paths and make our own decisions. FAITH is not a destination - it is a continuous journey as we learn to let go of our life and give it to God. The journey is not always easy - but no matter where we are on the journey - God is with us - loving us, forgiving us, holding us . . . always. God never lets go. EVER.
Ending with a scripture . . . It's a long one today - but one that is so reassuring to me. I hope you take the time to read it and soak up these words. This is how I picture God . . . This is why I can trust Him!
"The Lord is compassionate and merciful,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
He will not constantly accuse us,
nor remain angry forever.
He does not punish us for all our sins;
he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.
The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who honor him.
For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.
Our days on earth are like grass;
like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
The wind blows, and we are gone—
as though we had never been here.
But the love of the Lord remains forever
with those who worship him.
His salvation extends to the children’s children
of those who are faithful to his covenant,
of those who obey his commandments!"
Psalm 103:6-18
I am sharing the video of the song, "More" by Matthew West. I know I have shared this song before . . . but it is definitely one of my favorites. Have a wonderful weekend my friends. Love on your children and know that God loves you MORE!
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE "MORE" VIDEO!
Trusting my Father,
Our beautiful girl



25 comments:
I didn't realize a kid who already started out absolutely adorable could get cuter and cuter everyday. Allie is beautiful all of your kids are. Your family is definitely one that was planned in heaven, because Allie fits beautifully with you. Your faith amazes me and reminds me that I too can trust in God no matter what
Heather, I just wanted you to know that you have inspired me. I was just floating along in my faith, somewhere between apathy and believing. And then I saw what you went through and how you never blamed God for it. You remained strong, always looking to the Lord for the strength that you did not possess on your own. It has made me work on my own faith and beliefs. I have re-evaluated so many things in my life. You have always been a wonderful role model for me Ever since I was a little girl I have always looked to your example. No, you are not perfect, but you have shown me what it means to live a good and happy life. I love you Heather. You are the big sister that I never had.
Thank goodness it's Favorite Foto Friday. You don't know how much I
look forward top seeing your beautiful children. I now have a big smile on my face that I now will be there for a while. Allie is beautiful and always looks so happy. How could she not be happy with a family as grand as yours is!
Sending love ad hugs,
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.
I could not have said it better..Isn't in wonderful to be able to trust God in all?? An awesome post which I could not agree more. Awesome Isn't it?
Love and Hugs..
Your incredible faith continues to inspire me. I come here for my "spiritual vitamin." Of course, it helps that you post pictures of your kids who are just too darn cute for words!
I love looking at the pictures that you take of your family...weather it be on vacation or holidays i love it. I look forward of new ones and ones of the past with Jacob! You truely have a beautiful and amazing family!!!!
Hi Heather!! I check almost everyday, but leave without signing most days. I just wanted to say Thank you for sharing your journey of Faith with us. Your faith, love, grace and compassion are felt right through the computer screen! I know that God has put you and your family in my life for a reason and I'm so very, very thankful!
To my dearest Heather,
Gosh...I'm just sitting here, still basking in all the many beautiful things you shared today.
Your love and passion for Jesus, is so evident, and it makes me hungry and thirsty for more of HIM each time I come by.
Thank you for sharing your heart, your hope, and your life with us.
God is using your testimony in ways you will never know here on earth. I can "only imagine" all the people who'll come up to you and say "Thank You" once we are all together in heaven.
And right by your side will be Jacob, with his big silly grin smiling, shaking his head, so proud of his mom!
I have a scripture for you. I'll put your name in it;
1 Thessalonians 3:9 "How can we thank God enough for Heather Duckworth and her family in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of them?
Keeps spreading your joy and letting the sonshine through your life.
Love you!
You can never have too many pictures. I think Allie is ready for Valentine's Day!! She is such a doll.
What a beautiful post. You have a real talent for writing.
Heather, you continue to be such an inspiration! I enjoy your blog so much. You always speak straight from your heart. When I read your entry today one of my favorite songs came to mind, I'll share some of it,
Bring The Rain
"...I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You..."
I'm sure you have heard it before but if not, please listen to it, it's an amazing song.
The kids are as beautiful as ever.
Thank you for continuing to share your AMAZING family with us.
Much love and many blessings.
FROGing-
How can it not be a happy Friday with photos like those!
I love the song "More"...it was the ringtone if my agency called during our adoption process. I also love the pictures of all of your kids. And even more, I love the way you share your heart and your faith. Faith truly is a journey. I get frustrated sometimes that I haven't reached that destination, but I do really learn along the journey...
What cute pictures of your children! I especially love the one of Allie with the two pink hairbows. She is such an expressive baby.
Seriously... can your kids be any more gorgeous! Talk about modeling!!! Your family would be the perfect poster family!
I am always so blessed to come to your site and be reminded of how much GOD loves each and every one of us... when you write, I can put myself in your shoes and feel what you are saying.
I love you, my dear friend. Thank you so much for allowing us to follow along on your life's journey... your journey towards HIM and his promises to all of us.
Love and FROG!!
Sarah
Heather
You are amazing!!! Thank you soo much for your post from above. I needed to hear everything you had written. You are amazing!!!!
As we prepare to pick up our little Samuel we are facing some unknowns about his health. I know in my heart it will all be okay. I feel like I have learned sooo much about FAITH thru this adoption. Thank you soo much for your words I needed to hear them more than you know! :) hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!
Such lovely pictures! Allies is gorgeous, I dont know how you manage to get so many nice photos of her. This was the first time of looking at the boys pics, that I managed to get Devin and Brandon first time around, lol. Usually I swap them around.
This is a long section. Most of it is one sentence! I decided as long as I was quoting that much I might as well include one more sentence. Know that I'm here praying!
Ephesians 3:14-21 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
What a beautiful post!! Your children are adorable!!
Robyn
Five beautiful faces tis morning !
Allie does have more expressions, I am always trying to think what is going through that little mind -like with the red cardinal - it is as though she knows something about that cardinal, as we all do.
Guess what it is doing here today ?
Snowing ! All over Atlanta ! It is the second time this week too ! It is so pretty. The Chattahoochee river is my backyard, and it is even more beautiful out my sun room windows today.
I hope you all have a blessed weekend and I look forward to your next post.
Hugs to all,
Sandy D
Atlanta
What lovely children you have - the pictures are beautiful. Heather - your post was inspiring - you truly have a way with words.
Beautiful pictures of ALL your kiddos. I love Jacob's t-shirt because that precious child always had HOPE no matter what he was going through. Bless his little soul. Can Allie get anymore beautiful?! I think she does every time I see a new picture of her! :)
Your words are such an inspiration. You have such a gift for writing and expressing how you feel. I love reading your words of wisdom and your honesty about faith and your journey along the way. I thank Him for bringing you and your precious family into my life because you always lift me up!
Much love,
Kelly May
Thank you just doesn't even express enough, the gratitude I feel toward You for lifting Me up each and every time I read your posts. I Love All of you, You are an Amazing Woman and you have an Amazing Family, each one so Beautiful inside and out. I Know Jacob is so very Proud of his Mommy.
You have a Blessed weekend, and I look forward to "visiting" again.
Much Love,
Audra
Your kids are all so beautiful! I love this post and your words of faith. Thank you so much for sharing what is in your heart. I had a very hard week this past week and I have really just turned to God. I can not imagine one day with the Lord in my life and I am so thankful for Him. Your faith and your journey are such an inspiration for me in my own journey of faith. Again, thank you for sharing!!
I love the smiles, they really do make my heart smile. Thank you so much for sharing!!
Heather,
Hey, I haven't left a comment but I come by pretty often. Allie is just growing up so quickly!! She reminds me of that cartoon Clifford (not anything about the Dog part) but the fact she is surrounded by so much LOVE! She does fit into your family perfectly but I knew she would from the moment said your family would be adopting her. I imagine the boys are spoiling her, well all of you are. I think of your family very often and always remember Jacob. Many times, different things bring him to my mind. I just wanted to stop and take a chance to sign. Always feel free to drop me and email. I can't imagine that your days would be hectic:)
Lots of love, Tracy
www.ladybugkatia.com
Post a Comment