Allie Patricia
11 months old
Laughter is the best medicine for the soul!
It is impossible to not smile when you hear this sweet giggle.
What a blessing this child is to our family! I am so humbled that God chose me to be her mother - what an honor and JOY it is. How lucky I am to look at this sweet face every day and call her my daughter. She is the most precious gift and has brought much happiness to all of us. It is hard to believe that Allie has only been home with us for 5 months - as it feels as she has been a part of our family forever. She just belongs with us and I thank God every single day for giving us the opportunity to adopt and leading us to this beautiful girl. She is loved so completely by our whole family . . . and we are blessed to be loved right back by her!
Allie is growing so fast and is at such a fun age - where everything is new and fascinating! It is hard to believe that next month we will be celebrating her first birthday - how exciting and fun that will be.
But as much as my heart soars with JOY, it is also filled with deep sadness today at the loss of another precious life to cancer. Please join me today in celebrating the precious life of King JuJu . . . who was healed in Heaven yesterday after battling a brain tumor. He was only 4 years old. Join me in praying for his sweet family - especially his mother, Mimi. I have followed Julian's story and have gotten to know his mother through her updates and e-mails. They are a family filled with faith and are rejoicing that their son is finally healed and FREE - yet I know all too well the pain and heartache after losing a child. Her words cut deep into my heart and they bring back so many painful memories . . . and Julian reminds me so much of Jacob. We will never understand WHY . . . but we know that we can cling to God during these sad times and know that we are being HELD! Please pray today for Julian's family . . . pray for peace above all understanding. And please stop by their website and leave them a note of encouragement . . . CARE PAGES . . . password juliansworld . . . and look at Julian's sweet face and know that we have to continue doing ALL we can to find a cure for childhood cancer.
But as much as my heart soars with JOY, it is also filled with deep sadness today at the loss of another precious life to cancer. Please join me today in celebrating the precious life of King JuJu . . . who was healed in Heaven yesterday after battling a brain tumor. He was only 4 years old. Join me in praying for his sweet family - especially his mother, Mimi. I have followed Julian's story and have gotten to know his mother through her updates and e-mails. They are a family filled with faith and are rejoicing that their son is finally healed and FREE - yet I know all too well the pain and heartache after losing a child. Her words cut deep into my heart and they bring back so many painful memories . . . and Julian reminds me so much of Jacob. We will never understand WHY . . . but we know that we can cling to God during these sad times and know that we are being HELD! Please pray today for Julian's family . . . pray for peace above all understanding. And please stop by their website and leave them a note of encouragement . . . CARE PAGES . . . password juliansworld . . . and look at Julian's sweet face and know that we have to continue doing ALL we can to find a cure for childhood cancer.
Ending with a scripture . . .
"Praise the Lord!
I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty. His righteousness never fails. He causes us to remember his wonderful works. How gracious and merciful is our Lord!"
Psalm 111:1-4
Thanking the Lord with all of my heart . . .
for ALL of my children,
"Praise the Lord!
I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them. Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty. His righteousness never fails. He causes us to remember his wonderful works. How gracious and merciful is our Lord!"
Psalm 111:1-4
Thanking the Lord with all of my heart . . .
for ALL of my children,
for the gift of each day,
for the love, grace and peace He gives us all,



10 comments:
Heather-
Allie is so beautiful. I could look at her sweet face all day, she just makes me smile. I can only imagine what she does for your soul, being able to spend your days with such a wonderful princess who was clearly born a Duckworth.
My heart is heavy for you and for JuJu's family. I only learned of his story earlier this week. I wish there were words for moments like these, just there just aren't, and you know that better than most. Please just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family (as well as JuJu's) now and always.
With love, Kyle
I too was sad to hear of Julian's passing. I am a volunteer with CURE and met a friend of yours - Shaun Rogers - what a small world. we start talking and suddenly Jacob brought us full circle. Lvoe the pics of Allie - sooo cute!
11 months already? The time sure does go fast. Her smile is contagious. She looks like she is lots of fun!
Sorry to hear of another loss to cancer.
Happy 11 months, Allie! Wow! In just one short month, you will have a birthday party! I cannot wait...I am guessing it will be a special one...all birthdays are special, but the first birthday is maybe even a little more special. Allie is a beautiful girl with a precious smile!
Happy 11 months to our Baby Girl!
Such a sweet face...Im so glad she is home to celebrate her 11 months and her 1st Birthday which is coming up so very fast! The time is just going wayyyyyy to fast!
Love and Hugs...
Happy 11 months, Miss Allie ! I am
thinking I detect an Elmo party in the air ?! You will be the cutest birthday girl in FL next month, but I cannot believe you will be a year old, I absolutely cannot. I think you might be chasing your brothers with your shopping cart by then !
I hope youe week is a happy one even though it has started with another little angel. I am thankful that he will have Jacob to show him the ropes and that he has been healed by our loving God.
With love,
Sandy D
Atlanta
Gosh....she is adorable...and That smile lets us all know how truly happy and Blessed she is to be in your Family.love all the changes she and the boys are making as they are Growing up.they all are so sweet and have hearts filled with Blessings.I come almost daily to see the new Pictures and updates..
Heather...You make my Heart Smile with your words and Pictures..
Thanks again Tamara
Happy 11 months beautiful Allie!! That smile is just too cute! Any teeth yet?
I am saddened to hear about Julian. I could not access his carepage, but I will be praying for his family. It is just not fair that any family should have to live without their child... my heart breaks for them.
Love and FROG!
Sarah
She is gorgeous. I need to ask a favor of you though, could you post some pics of her crying? The only reason I ask is because all these cute pics are making me want another little bugger! I don't think my husband (or my too tiny house) would let me!
So sorry to hear about Julian.
Those are awesome! I recently got a headband like the one Allie is wearing for Ella - from a terrific Blogger Buddy!
Your daughter is gorgeous!
Becca
Post a Comment