Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Heart Homemade Clothes!

Hello friends,

My dad's wife, Nancy, got a new sewing machine for Christmas and Allie has been the lucky guinea pig as she tries out new patterns and designs. I absolutely LOVE the little clothes she has made - so, so cute! Thankfully Allie was pretty tolerant as we tried on her new things . . .


Nancy made Allie 2 tutus - which are adorable! She also embroidered the shirt.


And she made this Valentine outfit - I just LOVE this one!


Brandon was being silly with her tutus . . . can't wait to pull out this picture when he goes out on his first date!


Grandpa saved Allie from the fashion show and read her some books.


Here are some pictures of Allie that were taken over the last couple of weeks. It always amazes me how different she can look in each of her pictures. No pictures of the boys this week . . . they are back in school and much harder to get a picture of these days! :)


I took Allie outside one day and sat her in the grass. At first she didn't like it one bit - you can see how she was trying to raise her feet and hands up so the grass wouldn't touch her. She was too funny.

But then she realized she could pick the grass . . . and it was a little more fun!

Allie has been doing a whole lot of this lately . . . . . and is up to walking 4 steps in a row by herself!

She's doing the "Wheels on the Bus" in this picture. It was the only way I could get her to look at me because . .


She was much more interested in our neighbors who were cutting their grass!


Introducing Shirley Temple . . . or Don King!
This picture just cracks me up! Her hair is so curly after her bath - but by morning it is laying flat. It sure is growing in fast.

I heart this little one.


This is such a sweet smile. She fell right after I took the picture above and started to cry. But I grabbed Elmo to give to her . . . which made her smile through her tears! Elmo is her best bud and is always by her side . . . and he ALWAYS makes her smile.


It certainly is FUN to dress a little girl! But when I think back to the boys at this age - it was fun to dress them, too. They make such cute baby clothes. Boys aren't as fun to dress when they get older - seems like jeans and t-shirts are all they wear - but it is ALWAYS fun to dress babies . . . boys and girls! Several of you have asked where I get most of Allie's clothes . . . and my honest answer has to be from the GRANDMA'S! :) They do spoil her (and me!) with lots of beautiful outfits.

I am still going through the boxes and items for Jacob's Stocking - but should have an update by the end of the week!

Ending with a scripture . . .

"God guards you from every evil, he guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, he guards you now, he guards you always."
Psalm 121:7
The Message

Isn't it comforting to know that God watches over us - just as we watch over our own children? He aims to help us . . . always.

Guarded by God,


18 comments:

Bobbi said...

Thanks for all the Allie pictures. She is so fun to look at. After three boys, I am sure girls STUFF in general is fun. I know I am enjoying boy stuff after two girls.

I love her Don King look!!

Way to go on the walking.......now I think she needs to work on teeth by the looks!:>)

Jody Hayworth said...

What beautiful pictures, Heather. I love checking in on your site. I don't always sign the guest book but am so honored to read about your amazing family and see your beautiful children! :) May God shower you with happy blessings now and always! :) Thank you for sharing your life so generously with us all.

love from NJ,
Jody (mom to 3 boys and another baby boy due in April)

snekcip said...

I absolutely LOVE the outfits Allie is sporting especially the pink/green tutu! What a great job Nancy done, not to mention VERY TALENTED!! Wow what a lucky girl Allie is! You are so right, I enjoy dressing my Bree (she is 9mos old) and the outfits just gets cuter and cuter!!! BABIES ARE SUCH FUN!!!!

Bobbi said...

Heather,

Please forgive me for being so insenstivie. You have four boys that you have clothed, not three. I "met" you through Caring Bridge, and have shed many tears from your entries.

I posted my comment in a rush, and was not thinking. I feel truly awful.

Please forgive me,
Bobbi

Kelly said...

Beautiful pictures...beautiful baby. Allie's personality is so apparent in all of her pictures. So happy and fun!! I love all the new homemade clothes. It is so special to have those and hold on to them to remember these days later when she is older and bigger.

Sarah said...

I LOVE this post!! How timely too as I just wrote a post yesterday about my baby clothes obsession and tagged you as another person with the same obsession!! LOL!

Allie looks adorable in her clothes from Grandma! I wonder if Nancy could make a tutu set in pink or white for Sophie~Bug for me? Ask her if she is taking orders!!

I realized that I never got out books for Jacob's stocking. Have had alot going on here that made me forget! I will mail some out to you this week!!

Love you guys! Hope to see you in July this year at the reunion!!

Love and FROG!

Sarah

Unknown said...

Wow, great pictures as always!! It looks like you had a great trip, like I knew and prayed you would. The cabin looked awesome! Not too shabby for a last minute decision! :) Nancy is pretty talented with that new sewing machine, I'm guessing it's not her first! The picture that steals the show for me...Grandpa reading her a book and the intent look on her face!! She is such a beautiful baby and a blessed one, too! God Bless you all, though I know he clearly has! Glad to know signs of Jacob were with you on your journey! I sure miss him!!!!

Love and FROG!!
Shaun

Becca said...

Those clothes are too cute!

Becca

Shanna said...

Heather thank you so much for taking time to share your family and story with us. I look so forward to checking your blog daily for updates and pictures. I have been following Jacob's story for quite some time, but I don't think I have ever posted. You are an inspiration to all who read your words. I have ordered Jacob's book and can't wait to start reading it. God Bless you and have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Allie is beautiful. She looks so full of life, and happy all of the time. In last picture where she is holding her hands up, she looks as if she's saying, "Yeh I know I'm cute, thank you very much!" God bless and keep all the pictures coming!
--Hilary

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather, she is just so beautiful! I love all the pictures. I just love baby clothes and little girl clothes. I love to buy clothes for Carter -- it is so much fun. AND so much more afordable that buying clothes for Taylor!

Jennifer J said...

Heather,

I have read your sites since the triplets were four. I do not think I have ever posted a comment. I feel so blessed to have found your site. In a way, your words seem to lift my spirit. I always look forward to seeing pictures the kids. Allie is one lucky girl to have found her perfect family.

Nancy is AWESOME. Can we say Project Runway for babies! I love the white/red outfit and the green/pink tutu. Is she taking orders? Once again, thank you for your inspirational blogs.

Jennifer (CA - Sacramento)

Our Family of 5 said...

Loving the outfits! Nancy should sell them! The tutu's are just beautiful! Allie is just a doll!

Laura said...

I have been so lazy when it comes to signing guestbooks lately and am working to catch up! I love all of the pictures and stories from your vacation adventures. The kids just get more and more beautiful by the day! Thank you for continuing to share your journey with all of us. Please know my prayers continue for your family.

For Prayer Support:
www.asherandjacobsfriends.com

My two little miracle nephews:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/asherandjacob

Reba said...

What sweet outfits and what a talented Grandma! I too love seeing all of the Allie pictures to see all of the different faces she makes...she is so expressive. Isn't it fun? I agree...I love to dress Joshua in lots of cute little outfits (that are approved by Daddy of course). It isn't as much fun dressing my nine year old son...t-shirts and jeans most days. :)

Liz from Maryland said...

The clothes that Nancy made for Allie are just adorable and look absolutely precious on her. Thanks for the wonderful pictures of Allie. What a treat to get pictures in the middle of the week.
I just love her beautiful smile. She is a real cutie.
Sending love and hugs,

Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.

Tamaraandfamily said...

Loving all The Pictures....Once again you are Amazing Heather..Jacob for sure was so Much Like his Mother..I loved the clothes that Nancy made..You just have a Beautiful Family and I Thank you again For Sharing your Family with our!!
Looking Forward to Your Next Post!
Tamara

Anonymous said...

Nancy could open a shop, she is really accomplished. She needs a "Back Allie" shop !
Every photo just lays me out as usual and that baby girl is getting so big, so fast. She is a quick little learner with all of her assistants !
Tomorrow is Friday - YAY ! I'll be back . . .

Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta