Friday, April 4, 2008

FFF - Beach Memories


*Added some new pics at the end of the update!*

Hello friends,

This weeks theme for Favorite Foto Friday seems to be . . .


Beach Memories!

This was an easy one for me since my family loves the beach. It is definitely one of my favorite places to go. I just love the relaxation of it . . . listening to the waves crash on the shore and watching the beautiful sunsets. Yes, I could easily be a beach bum! Here are some of my favorite pictures . . .

Allie's 1st trip to the beach!














Our house is filled with excitement because Spring Break starts today for the boys! I am so thankful to have them home for a week and we have lots of fun activities planned. Even Daddy took a couple of days off. I just love having everyone home together!




I posted a new update on Jacob's Site today (you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to read the update) and there are several new posts below in case you missed them. I have set a new record with posting this week . . . thanks to having no appointments and Allie being a fantastic napper! :)

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.

Ending with a scripture . . .

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
2 Corinthians 5:7

Walking by faith,

****************************

Just downloaded some pictures I took this morning when Allie & I took a walk.
She's finally starting to leave the sunglasses on! We've been working on that because she really needs them here in Florida!

And more wildlife around the pond!

We watched him for a while this morning and even saw him catch this fish.

I get asked a lot what kind of camera I use . . .
I have a D40X Nikon Digital Camera with a AF-S DX Zoom Lens.
The camera was a gift from my dad for my birthday - right before Allie came home. He knew I would be taking a lot of pictures! :)
But I also have a photo editing program called the Picture Project that helps me brighten colors, crop, sharpen and add effects. That truly makes a difference in the photos! I love playing around with it.

Happy Friday!

21 comments:

Bobbi said...

Love the one of the boys and the sunset. Just amazing, perfect for the book cover.

Also, the one of Allie at the beach the first time.

Enjoy spring break. Hope you have fun!!

Rachel said...

The sunset picture of the boys is AMAZING. Such beautiful children!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

You have ONE amazing camera!!! Seriously!

I tell ya...I want to bring your Allie home!!! She is TOO adorable. :-)

Enjoy your spring break with your fam.

Kim~

Anonymous said...

As always, I had to go through the whole page - again ! I remember well, that photo of Allie at the beach, first time, I thought I would never stop laughing ! I also remembered the boys photos and the one with Jacob's head with the foamy waves all over with those blue eyes ! ! !
Isn't it going to be fun to watch Allie hauling her brothers in the house when the girls are after them like flies - and are they ever going to be ?! She is going to be the bossiest and prissiest and most possessive little thing !
Then one day, Donnie is going to want to lock her away from the boys ! They will be knocking your door down !
Is Allie, with Elmo, to die for at your mom's house in her footie pj's om the soccer pillow ?!

Have a great weekend - and Spring Break too . . .

Love,
Sandy D
Atlanta

Alison said...

We recently bought a Nikon D40 and I adore it. It takes awesome photos!! Love all the photos you have been sharing. Thanks sharing them with us.

www.caringbridge.com/canada/andrewsjourney

Kelley said...

I was just wondering what kind of camera you use because you honestly have the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen! Then there was the answer...what a great gift!! You are using it well.

I must not have visited you lately because there are a lot of posts I haven't read. I loved reading about the Relay for Life and seeing your whole family turn out! The picture of Jacob with Brandon and then the one with your husband and brother made me cry. What a wonderful way to support that little guy.

Of course I have to tell you that I now know I could NEVER live in Florida. One alligator or snake would be more than I could handle! You are a super brave woman!! It looks like a beautiful place but seriously, I can't do snakes!

Have a great weekend and I will be back much sooner this time!

Love,
Kelley

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great!!!!! I love all the bright colors! Of course Allie is so beautiful she could be in a puddle of mud and it would still be an amazing picture. :)

Becca said...

I love the beach pictures - especially the ones with your beautiful blessings in them!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

I miss the beach! We used to live 15 minutes from the beach and I never went! Why didn't I go when I had the chance?! You'll have to enjoy the beach for me!
Keep your eyes on the Lord whatever the future holds. Praying!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

amy and kids said...

What great beach pictures! I love the one of the 4 boys sillouetted by the sunset! Allie is just as adorable as ever!

Elena said...

Thanks for sharing all of the awesome photos, Heather! Always love to see those smiling faces!!!!!

Kelly said...

Such cute pictures. More adorable outfits for Allie! SO SWEET...love her in yellow and white! Thanks for sharing.

valerie said...

I just love all the pictures!
Praying your family has a wonderful, relaxing spring break.
Love,
Valerie

Jodee said...

I love the beach pictures. We can't wait to get to the beach in July!

I also enjoyed your post on Jacob's page. He was such an amazing little boy!

Van said...

I enjoyed your pics today - gave me a dose of the out of doors which I dearly love. Wild life and children - especially your precious Allie - I grew up in Colombia so have a kindred spirit for latina babies. Thanks for posting the great pics and sharing your stories.

Jenelle said...

Your kids are so precious--great pictures!

I love the pictures of the crane/stork (whatever). It looks like a postcard. The water is so blue! It would be so neat to live by a conservation lot--even with a few unwelcome guests. :)

Anonymous said...

This passage always amazes me. Knowing that the Holy Ghost Himself is praying!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Carmen said...

Heather I love the picture of Allie with her sunglasses on. The peacock is beautiful. We have deer, rabbits, raccoons, possums,squirrels, lots of snakes.We have lots of frogs, I'm afraid of them. We have a frog in our fish tank, Gracie insisted on buying two at Myrtle beach, one didn't live very long. I have lots of cardinals, our state bird. I love them. My neighbor has chickens and roosters that run free. They eat my cats food and chase my cats, I get mad at them. I hope that the boys have a great spring break.
Carmen

dede said...

Every picture, every post, every moment you share of your life reminds me of what draws me to this site....your heart. It is no wonder your son is called Amazing Jacob, he gets it from his mommy.
The last picture of Jacob is the one I keep in my Bible, when I pray for you guys that is the one that I see.
Thank you for sharing as you do. It is a constant reminder that God will not take you anywhere that His grace cannot protect you.
Blessings
Habitat for HOPE Prayer Partner

Sarah said...

LOVE all your beach pictures! We are enjoying Destin this week! Hope you have a great Spring Break too!

Sorry it took so long to post your FFF link!

snekcip said...

I remember the SUNSET PIC, absolutely BEAUTIFUL! This pic is worth a BILLION words! I loved it then and love it even more so now!!!