The boys are showering and Donnie has Allie in the tub so I have a quick moment to share some news! Today was a big day at our house . . . it was Allie's re-adoption day! We have re-adopted Allie in the US to legally change her name and so that we can now apply for a Florida Birth Certificate, Social Security Number and her Certificate of Citizenship. WAHOO!! I can't tell you how good it feels to have completed this step . . . to know that Allie is and always will be officially our daughter.
Here we are with the judge! He was quite a serious guy and made sure that we understood that this was final . . . Allie is our daughter and is no different from our biological children. We couldn't agree more!
Of course - as our very serious judge was reading over everything, our sweet daughter decides to have a bad case of gas . . . loud and rumbly! Our lawyer and the security guard both started laughing and I about died of embarrassment. I wanted to crawl under the table - and was hoping they didn't think it was me. :) Thankfully the judge didn't seem to notice - which was a good thing since Allie continued to do it throughout the hearing. You just never know what kids will do!
Happy Re-Adoption Day, Allie!
And a Happy 4th of July to all of you!
And a couple of new pictures of my nephew!
Baby Joey is doing well . . . breathing good, nursing and maintaining his body temperature! Everything looks good for him to come home in the next couple of days. :)
Happy 4th of July!
Ending with a scripture . . .
"So Christ has truly set us free."
Galatians 5:1
~There are several new updates below, so be sure to scroll down!~
and our freedom in America!




33 comments:
Yay! Happy Re-Adoption Day! :) Allie's dress could not have been more perfect and I loved Carebears when I was little!
I'm glad to hear Joey is doing well! :) He is a cutie!
I hope your family has a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!
Smile :)
Congratulations to Allie on her big day---her dress is just adorable (and so appropriate!). I noticed that your new nephew has an "angel's kiss" on his forehead...I think we all know which angel that came from.
Blessing to you all,
Jennifer
Wow I was just wondering yesterday as I was reading your blog, is Allie officially adopted yet and was there still a chance that something could happen, like birth mom changing her mind or anything like that? You answered my question today...great news that she's officially yours! I didn't know you had to change her name, what was it before? She sure is a cutiepie.
Wow! How exciting! Congratulations! Of course you all look terrific in your pictures and Allie's dress....ADORABLE! Hope you have a good 4th of July with YOUR daughter and the boys.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/hayden
Happy re-adoption day sweet Baby Allie! Heather and family - thank you so much for sharing your lives, your family, your children and especially your sweet Amazing Jacob with the world. My heart swells with joy for you today (which is a bit odd, I suppose, considering we have never met and I have only even posted comments once or twice since I started reading Jacob's blog years ago). Nevertheless, my heart is so happy for you it might explode. Your faith in God is so inspiring mostly I think because it is so honest and real. I pray that I would have that strength of faith and hope that you have. I can't think of a family who deserves this joy more!
Wow! I just read through all your updates tonight! What an exciting few days for you, especially TODAY for Miss Allie! Congratulations on her readoption! The paperwork is almost over and Allie is yours forever! I love her beautiful patriotic dress!
The beach pictures are awesome and I am so happy to see that you all had such a wonderful time together as a family! Your new nephew is adorable... he looks so cuddly and warm in his little isolette... I know his mommy is ecstatic that he is here and healthy! I just love seeing God's miracles come into the world!
And, as for Angel's post... she brought me to tears... I just love your sweet Jacob and your whole family! I feel like I have known you for such a long time, yet we have never met face to face... I hope that happens very soon!
Love, hugs and FROG!
Sarah
Happy Re-adoption Day to beautiful Allie Duckworth! I'm just so happy for you all and the picture after the ceremony brought tears of happiness to my eyes. Hope that you have a wonderful 4th of July.
Sending hugs and love you way.
Liz Unger
Arnold, Md.
This post gave me chills and tears and big smiles! I am SO happy for you, your family and Allie! She is so blessed and you all are so blessed. Congratulations to you guys. Such a beautiful family!
Congratulations!! What a wonderful day...and to know that now she is yours FOREVER! That's so awesome!!
Baby Joey is adorable. I just want to hold him! I am so happy for Rhonda and Steve.
Happy 4th of July. Have a great time celebrating with your amazing family.
Love from MN,
Janet DeRosier
Oh my goodness, I have not really sat down at the computer for a week and look what I've missed!!! YAY!! I am so glad for all the news of this update and I need to hurry and read below. How much did baby Joey weigh? I am so happy for Rhonda and Steve! Please tell them so! I love you guys!
Oh my goodness, I have not really sat down at the computer for a week and look what I've missed!!! YAY!! I am so glad for all the news of this update and I need to hurry and read below. How much did baby Joey weigh? I am so happy for Rhonda and Steve! Please tell them so! I love you guys!
Happy re-adoption day Allie! What a great day. I love the dress it is so cute! Your nephew sure is a cutie. Glad he is doing well and coming home soon! I always love your pictures, I wixh my kids would co operate so we could have great pictures like those. LOL Happy 4th of July!
In a way it's too bad you couldn't have done it tomorrow...would have made the 4th even more special!
Call upon the Lord in every trouble! Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
What a HAPPY wonderful day!!! Precious in every single way. You guys amaze me!!! I thank God for leading me to Jacob's blog...
What a wonderful time of the year for Allie to be re-adopted ... so near the 4th of July! Congratulations Allie Girl! And Heather - you must be beyond proud and happy ... you are an amazing mom and your family is priceless ... love the gas storry by the way! Oh and your nephew is so sweet - makes me want the next 6 months to go by fast! Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
What a great day! Congratulations again. Have a wonderful 4th, and Baby Joey almost makes me want another one!
Oh!!! Congratulations! SUCH a good feeling, isn't it?
I love the verse at the end of today's post. THAT (freedom in Christ) is such a good feeling/fact, too!
Congratulations to our newest American!! Allie looked beautiful and the whole family looked so proud. I'm happy she has made this final step but truly she has been an official member of the Duckworth family since the first time you met her! I'll never forget the joy on her face when she first came face to face with her family. I'm convinced there was a little help from above with this adoption. May God continue to bless your family.
Congrats to you all making Allie Officially YOURS in the USA! She is Duckworth through and through!
btw - I LOVE her little curls in the pictures of her on the beach, she is so so precious!
Happy 4th to all of you, I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day picnicing and watching fireworks :)
Much Love,
Audra
P.S. I thought of Jacob tonight as we watched the beautiful fireworks show, what a sight he sees from Heaven, oh I miss that little guy!
My Love to all of you.
Heather,
Congratulations on Baby Girl's re-adoption day! I know all of you are most proud. That is such a cute story about Allie. You will have to tell her about it some day.
You will probably chuckle and smile while telling her so many years from now. I agree, that Allies dress is most perfect for the day and also looking so cute on her! :)
I hope all of you had a wonderful
4th of July. It rained most of the day here. :(
Love and Hugs..
Congratulations!! She looks quite adorable in her patriotic dress. Very appropriate!!
How funny, that she had so much gas....Makes for a happy time to be funny too!!
Oh Heather how wonderful! What an awesome day and feeling that must have been. I am so looking forward to seeing Allie grow in such a wonderful family.
Allison
JOey, glad you are keeping the drama to a minimum. Keep up the good work!! What a little cutie.
Congratualations on your big day. IT is such a special day. It really is the the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one......she looked adorable!! Does this child ever cry>??? She is always so happy!! (but, why would you post crying pics right?)
Yea...for your family!!! What great news!!! You must all be SO proud...and excited...that every "i" has been dotted, and every "t" crossed.
You have such an adorable family.....I so enjoy your sweet....sweet..pictures.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Kim~
How special for Allie and your entire family. Just a great final step in assuring her future in your family. That Little Joey he is so cute and how amazing he is doing so well. I hope he is home soon so he can enjoy being a Duckworth too! Jacob must really being shaking his little booty :)
Hope you had a great 4th!
Praying for your family!
Psalms 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
Heather,
What a great blog post that you gave us! I had no idea that you had to wait so long for the final paperwork. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! What a wonderful moment. I'm sure Jacob was doing a happy dance with Jesus in heaven to celebrate! WoooooHooooooo:O)
Allie looks beautiful in her red, white and blue. CONGRATULATIONS!!! And baby Joey is super cute too! I have a feeling those two are going to be the best of friends :) Please let Rhonda and Steve know they are in my prayers. Hope you guys had a great 4th.
That is too funny about Allie and the gas. She'll love that story when she gets older. :)
Congratulations on the re-adoption.
Allie is a very blessed little girl to have such an awesome family and y'all are so blessed to have such a sweetie!
What a precious gesture for the judge to do by letting the boys pick out the stuffed animal.
Sounds like you all had God's favor all over that day.
Blessing to you and your family.
Love,
Valerie
How neat that Allie's re-adoption day was the day before the Fourth...what a perfect time to be an official "citizen"! I love the dress. What a special day. I did have to laugh on the gassy girl part...that is just so like these little ones. :) We really need to re-adopt both (they already have their COC's but one needs an official name change and I want local birth certficates). Keep the pictures coming!
Reba
Hi Heather,
Me again :O) I wanted to invite you to pop over to my blog when you get a chance. I've posted a strange cloud pic that my boys found fascinating... I thought your guys might like it too!
Blessings,
Tracie
Happy day for Allie and for the whole family. What a little cherub she is! Love her dress and I have yet to see her in an outfit that is not totally adorable.
Love the pics of little Joey. He has beautiful pouty lips and a little chin dimple. My son has the same and I love it. Blessings to you all!
She's so adorable! Haven't been here for awhile, but wanted to let you know I'm often thinking of you and the whole Duckworth clan. I often think of Jacob, and I suspect you are right about the fireworks passage -- I don't think Heaven would be heaven if those who passed felt anything negative like yearning or missing. I think it is bliss, and then when we are there together, it remains bliss... that's what I hold onto. If it isn't the way it is, well... no one here can say.
Glad you had a good fourth! What a gorgeous, growing family you have!
Post a Comment