We had another very busy weekend! The kids and I spent the day at the beach with my dad and Nancy on Friday. It was such a special treat to spend the day with Grandpa - he is usually a work-a-holic! :) We headed to our favorite beach - and had a beautiful day. I could seriously live on the beach - I just LOVE it!
Allie was completely fascinated with the coquinas on the beach! They are EVERYWHERE and the boys always love to catch them. Allie sat in this spot for about an hour playing with the coquinas in the bucket. She would get so excited when they would dig in the sand . . . and she would yell for her brothers to come and see them. Bless their hearts . . . the boys had to get excited about coquinas about a hundred times! :0) But it does my heart good to see them be so sweet and patient with Allie. They are all GREAT big brothers.
Allie loved swimming with Grandpa!
(Baby Girl is cutting more teeth - so it's hard to get a picture without her fingers in her mouth!)
The boys LOVE the beach, too!
It's important to end the day with a big cheese!
The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning because Donnie's parents arrived yesterday! We are so excited to have them here and we are all looking forward to a fun-filled week of activities with Grandma & Grandpa.
I am way behind on posting pictures - and have several posts planned this week to catch up! Also, I am working on a follow-up post about blogging and adoption - but with company this week, I probably won't have time to finish them until next week. Still struggling with so-many-updates-in-my-head-but-not-enough-time-to-write-them-down! :0) If you have a specific question, please feel free to leave your e-mail address in the comments section and I will get back to you. (I won't publish your comment if you want to keep your e-mail private.)
Hope you all have a wonderful week!




15 comments:
Heather the boys and Allie look like they had a great time at the beach. I love Allie's serious look, so sweet... I love the beach and wish I lived closer to it. Have a great week.
Carmen
GREAT pictures! Allie has grown so much. In that last picture you can hardly see any babyness in her.. she's all little girl!! It doesn't help when they try oh so hard to keep up with the older siblings and want to be just as big as they are. ;) Have a good week with you in laws!
Heather-
I can't believe that Allie sat still for so long! She's too cute. I say it often but I love seeing pictures of your kids.
Which beach do you go to? I'm curious because the water is beautiful and my favorite photo spot (Howard park) is closing for two years for bridge construction. I know you don't want to post the answer here so you can email me. Stephanie@angelstouchphotography.com You can publish it. It's plastered all over my marketing materials! :-)
I always love reading and looking at your blog! You take such great pictures!!!
so that's what those little shell creatures are called. we were at indian shores in may and my daughter pointed them out to me, wow, they are really amazing, I can understand how allie loves to watch them.
nancy irving
toronto, ontario, canada
Sounds like a rough life:>) Allie is getting so big.
That is great that your boys are so good with Allie. It is a great gift.
Enjoy your company.
I love the beach too. I don't know if I could live there...I am afraid it would make it not as special for me. But I could definitely have a weekend getaway home there. :) The pictures are beautiful (the beach is beautiful too). Aren't those teeth difficult for the little ones? Your boys look like they are such sweet big brothers...I know you feel blessed.
Reba
Glad you can spend so much time at the beach! Enjoy every second for me! I miss the beach!!!!!!!!
Know that I'm praying!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Beach Days are always fun ! We love the beach also!
Heather what a beautiful bunch of pictures! I just love how happy the boys look when they are with their sister ... what a lucky little lady she is! I love the story about the coquinas! I can almost hear Allie calling everyone to come see and giggling ... sounds like you had a nice time at the beach ... wish we were there! We are on the count down to our vacation ... 2 more weeks until we are as close to the ocean as we're going to get - one of the Great Lakes! Hope you are having a wonderful week ... it is HOT here so we are loving it!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
I so LOVE your beach pictures!! It's so BEAUTIFUL!
Enjoy your time with Donnie's family. I'm sure your days will be PACKED full of fun adventures.
Be safe...and have a BLESSED week.
Kim~
Allie looks so grown up in these pictures,more like a little girl than a baby! Time is flying!
Heather
I have been following your blog for a while. Mainly just lurking around but being blessed while doing so...... These pictures made me smile today. We usually go to florida every summer to our family's beach cabin but not this year.... We love the beach. Thanks for sharing.
I just love your beach pics with your gorgeous children! And you, too, when you post your pics! You are beautiful!
Oh that just makes me wish I was at the beach!
I love the pictures and am so glad "Grandpa" could spend some time with the kids and vice-versa.
Your boys are so sweet and patient with Allie. That tenders my heart to think of what fine young men they will turn out to be.
Enjoy time with your inlaws.
Love,
Valerie
Post a Comment