Too busy reading this book . . .

Which is the 3rd book in The Twilight Saga.
A series that was intended for "teenagers."
I am completely embarrassed to admit that I am addicted -
just.can't.put.the.book.down.
I had read several posts about the Twilight series on different blogs - about how wonderful these books are - but I was not interested in the least. I am an avid reader - but these books are about teenage vampires - and well, I just don't usually get into horror books. Never got into Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, either. No, vampires are just not my thing.
But then, my friend, Anissa, even did a post about this book - and she showed the trailer to the new movie coming out next month.
I admit, after watching the trailer - I was just a little curious.
And I am the type that likes to read the book before seeing the movie . . . and I was really wanting to see if the books were as good as everyone seemed to think.
So, when I saw the book at Target last week, I bought it.
And I read it in 2 days and was desperate to read the next book in the series. I was officially hooked - surprising even myself that I would LOVE a vampire book so much.
Yes, I am exhausted from staying up till 1am reading about Edward and Bella every night - but I just can't stop. I just love these characters and know that I will be so sad when I finish the last book.
It is light reading - but so easy to get wrapped up in the story.
And I can't wait to see the movie. I've already warned Donnie that he just has to take me to see this teenage chick-flick. :)
Are you curious yet?
I'm off to go read. Even though I've got tons of pictures to share, I'm afraid I won't be able to blog till I finish the series - which won't be long since I only have 2 books to go and I just can't put them down.
Please tell me I'm not the only one staying up late to read a teenage romance novel about vampires. Please tell me there are others out there over the age of 30 that are addicted, too!! ;0)



54 comments:
Ha! Hooked! I am over 30 and addicted to the Twlight series!!
This is Donna Orlando, Lisa who used to work at PCF's sister!!
Wow - thanks for turning me on to a new series! I'm an avid reader as well - not into vampires either. But I will give these a try...I have to admit the trailer does sound interesting..
Thanks again,
Andrea
Oh my another Twilight lover! LOL I finished the first book a few weeks ago and have been too busy to order the second. I will soon. I can't wait for the movie! Oh, I'm 48 but a kid at heart, I guess. LOL
I am 33 and started Twilight yesterday. I am on the last fifty pages already and can barely put it down. I am reading it for a book club and had idea that I would even like it much less be so engrossed.
This is a funny post! I haven't read the books yet but I plan to... actually my younger brother made me buy them.
He'll likely murder me for posting this, but he said he couldn't buy them because they were made for "teenage girls." I asked him why he thought that meant I could get them. He said at least I was a girl, even if I was 27 and clearly not a teenager!!
Needless-to-say, I bought the books so he could read them but if anyone asks him, he says "oh, yeah, those are my sisters books..." He's such a chicken! :)
Well I'm not quite 30 yet! Just 28! I also had no intentions of reading this series. A teenage girl I used to babysit has tried for a few years to get me to read it but I just never had the desire. I saw the trailer for the movie and decided, hey I loved the Harry Potter books why not try this one? Of course I had to read the book before seeing the movie! What came next was ADDICTION!!!!! Seriously, I have never been this into a book series before. Every spare minute I have I am reading! I even started riding my stationary bike while reading it and I have actually been doing it! I hate exercise!! I just get so wrapped up in the story that I don't even realize that I have ridden for 5 miles! Crazy! I'm so happy I'm not the only non-teenager that LOVES thes books! THANKS!
Someone out there like me! This is so funny to me. I've been making fun of my friends for months now. In fact, one friend stood in line about a month ago, at 1:00 a.m.(!!!) for the release of the newest (and final) book with her daughter and friends. Then I went to Sunday School and most of girls there are reading it too (they're high school) teachers. The last straw was when I read Anissa's post! I thought to myself, fine..I might be on the verge of 31, but I'll suck it up and read the stupid (and probably boring) books. I started last Monday. Today it's been a week, and I've got 10 chapters left in the FINAL book!!! It's so exciting! I literally can't put it down. I'm even staying up late after the kids are bed, depriving myself of sleep, just to read! How pathetic! Even better, the movie comes out on my birthday, so you know what I'll be doing then!!!!
Oh I am so glad that you love it too!!!! I am addicted to this and so are the mommies on my mommy forum. They are so good!!! I recommend these books to EVERYONE! I have only had them for a month and have read them all TWICE. :) There is also one on her site that isn't finished yet. It is Midnight Sun. Here's the link http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf These books are so great! Too addictive to put down!
My three daughters ages 13, 12, and 12 have read the series and are reading it again to prepare for the movie. They LOVE it! They keep asking me to read it and I guess I will now since you are raving too!!
I might have to check these out! Happy reading
I too am addicted to many books. I don't know if I dare look as I don't need any more series. I'm into a couple right now and am seriously sleep deprived. Hope you have many more to read!
No, you aren't the only one. You don't know me... I usually lurk here, but I had to post and say I was so hooked on these books and I'm 36 years old!!! I can't wait for the movie and I definitely couldn't put them down. You'll LOVE the last one!
AHH! I just read Twilight last week and today my Amazon shipment arrived including the last 3 books! Will start New Moon today!! I loved Twilight and am looking forward to the rest! I am so amazed at how many people I know are getting into the series. My friends and I have actually started a little book "club" because of it!
I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this series. I just finished the 4th book and I miss it already!! You will love the 4th book!!!
Well, I'm 51 and just as addicted as the rest of you. My hubby was so glad when I finished the last book as I couldn't put them down either! Little does he know that I'm reading them over when he's at work :). I can't wait to see the movie! Oh, my daughter who is getting married this Saturday said that Aaron(her fiance') better be glad that Edward is a fictional character LOL
Okay Heather, I am with you! I did the same thing. I love to read, but thought there was not way I would like "vampire" books. Three friends suggested them, & now I am 29 years old & sit up until after 1am reading about Bella, Edward, Alice, & don't forget Jake! LOVE THEM!
Hi Heather, I've never commented before but have followed your story for a while. This post had me laughing because I did the exact same thing... Had heard about the books, wasn't too interested and then finally decided to read the first one before the movie. Now I am HOOKED, am on New Moon and can't stop reading!
I read the first three books in three days. And I promise I wasn't neglecting my kids during that time either! (I do happen to be a very fast reader though.) Anyway, yup, another fan here!
Melissa :)
www.withasmile.wordpress.com
I haven't read this series. I actually have to watch myself because I tend to shut out life when I do read. But I will admit that I totally got addicted to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Made me feel young again. :)
I'm going to have to look into this Twilight series. I had the same thing with Harry Potter, my friend was hooked and asked me if I wanted to read them. I said "Do I look like a 12 year old boy to you???" I started when I was in Sweden and just wanted an English book to read, and they had the HP series in English. A few pages in I was hooked.
There's also another GREAT teenage series that even adults can enjoy, it's called Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. BRILLIANT series, now that you've discovered teen books can be great at any age, give it a try if you find it.
I was up until almost one o'clock reading Twilight last night. My friend from Germany kept raving about this book and I, like you, thought no way am I going to read a book about teenage vampires. I have to admit though I got interested when I found out they were based in Forks. I have been to Forks and it is wet and gray and boring. (Sorry Forks residents!) Well my friend sent me the book and now the laundry is piling up and I am going to have to feed my family cereal for dinner...
Oh I feel your pain. I was in the same situation as you not that long ago. I read the whole series in exactly 7 days!! My whole house went to shambles and my kids were deprived of my attention but it was worth it ;) Enjoy them because they are great. My friends teenage daughter has been begging me to read them but thought the same thing you did, not my thing. I finally caved when both of her parents convinced me I had to read them.
I am 30 and totally love the Twilight series. I wasn't sure about it at first either, but my friends kept bugging me and I am so glad! I love so many of the characters and can't wait for the movie! Makes you feel like a teenager again. Makes you look a being in love and what its all about....
A big group of us went to the book release for Breaking Dawn. We felt a little silly as we were surrounded by young girls who I am not sure had even hit puberty yet. They are awesome books. I read all four of them in a week, while I left my kids to fend for themselves ;)
Fair warning, book three is depressing, but really sets up book four.
I haven't read the other comments, but my guess is that WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES!!! I borrowed the series from a tween in our youth group....I have nick named her "my dealer" b/c I quickley got hooked and she kept forgetting to bring them to Youth Group so I could borrow them!!!! I have just finished book IV and I am re reading it!!! Welcome to the club!!! XO Lyns
Thanks for the recommendation! I will be looking into the Twilight serries. I too have become addicted to some "teenage" books. I loved Harry Potter and am currently reading "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" - and I'm 36! Happy reading!!
absolutely not the only one over 30 as you can see. I turned 50 this year and am on the last book, can't wait to finish, don't want to finish.....anxiously awaiting the movie
I loved reading this books, no matter how shameful I felt it was that I enjoyed them so much. Really? I read them all in 7 days. It was a week of utter neglect of laundry at our house, but oh so much fun and quite a different type of book than I normally read.
Enjoy!
Guilty! I am, at 31, an avid reader of young adult books in general, so when these came along, I knew I'd try them. I'm working through Eclipse myself, and like you I have little time during the day to read. I savor those 20 to 30 minutes with the characters each night before going to sleep (just can't stay up until midnight!). I just have no idea what's going to happen with the crazy love triangle....
OK, I give. I'll read it....heard about it quite a while back. Since I'm nuts about Potter, I'll probably love this. Have you read the Potter books? If not, you must. They're wonderful. The first 2 are kid books, but the other 5 go leaps and bounds beyond just being meant for kids - as a matter of fact, the last 2-3 aren't kiddie books at all.
Absolutely...almost 40 and love the Twilight Series! Now reading her book written for adults called The Host. So far so good but not the Twilight series! Go to cafepress.com and check out the cute items they have...shirts that say Team Edward or Team Jacob, one that says I went to Forks and all I got was a bite! Cute stufff!
I was the same way when I started reading the Twilight series...stayed up until very late at night...got behind on laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc..I'm a mom of 4 and over 30. LOL! I am/was addicted. :) My 15 year old daughter is the one who got me hooked. I loved all the books. Wait until you read Breaking Dawn. Can't wait for the movie.
Heather,
I just watched the trailer link you posted and it does look very interesting. I'm like you and not into all those vampire TV shows but if you say its interesting I am quite curious to read the books now. I have seen another friends blog with a countdown widget thingo in her sidebar till the movie comes out and she is over 30 so there are others out there!:)
We have some holidays coming up soon after we move house so I might just need some light reading! Thanks for the tip and enjoy the rest of the books.
Anna
Me, Me, Me!!! I'm on the last book now. The highlight of my life right now is the movie.
So glad to know I'm not the only one.
No, you are definitely not the only over 30 person to be reading these books. I absolutely tore through them. I can't wait to see the movie either.
Guilty as charged! I am 37 and my 13 year old "Had to have the books" So, we bought them and I read them all 4 in about a week and a half. I was up late, up early, I didn't care. I totally had to have my Cullen fix. I then went on Cafe Press and got my daughter a shirt that says TEAM CULLEN. As sadly as it sounds, I totally miss reading them.
Enjoy them! We will totally have to talk after the movie is out!
Happy Reading!!
I'm on #3 too! My sister told me about them and I can't read them fast enough. My teenage niece and nephew are reading them and it's been fun to talk with them about them too! You definitely are not alone!
This post is so funny. I'm 45 and my 14 year old daughter got me to read these books. LOVED them!! Read them every spare second I could. And was so sad when I finished book 4. It was like I left some old friends and would no longer be checking on their world and their lives. Went through a week or two of withdrawal and literally wondering "what are Bella and Edward and everyone up to now?". Weird and wacky, I know. But this series is like that. Very, very good. I can't wait to see the movie in November with my daughter!
And since finishing, we've lent out our set of 4 books to two people, including another mom my age. :-)
Off to Cafe Press to buy a Christmas gift for my daughter...
soo funny...All my friends are addicted to these books..(and yes, we're all mid 30's)..Ihavnet read them yet, but hear they are addicting. I haven't gotten to read a book in years...I'm up with babies, cleaning and blogging..Hope to get back to reading some day..miss it, Kristi
Your already on Eclipse? Man....I'm still reading Twilight. I had to "borrow" it from my 13 year old. I want to go see the movie too. I've just started reading about Edward & Bella...I think I'm going to enjoy this. Hope you guys have a spooky & fun halloween.
HEather, I have a question about a slide show you did. I used slide.com, but now it won't let me post it to my blog. It says error. Did you simply copy and paste yours?
I just finished the last book this morning! Loved them!! I did take a little bit more time on that one cause i didn't want it to end! Can't wait for the movie. And I am over 30. :)
okay I'm going to be the ODD one in the bunch (LOL)!! HEATHER WHERE ARE YOU...PUT THAT BOOK DOWN AND SHOW US SOME CUTE KIDDOS!!! Someone mention a book called BREAKING DAWN, I can have my own series called THE MENTAL BREAKDOWN OF DAWN!!! I NEED TO HAVE MY DUCKWORTH FIX!!!
LUV YOU GUYS, DAWN P
Okay, that does it. I am going to have to read it! My youth have all been reading it (the girls anyway) so now I am definitely going to have to check it out!
happy halloween to you & the kids =)
i'm looking forward into beginning reading the twilight series books =) then maybe i'll watch the movie after reading it but it's been no time over school and other stuffs >.<
HAPPY HALLOWEEN dear Duckworth family! I'm sure you are all out having a wonderful time. We went to a carnival and the kids had a great time and got lots of candy! I hope your night was great also. Thinking of you and Jacob too!
Love from MN,
Janet DeRosier
Heather! I'm right there with ya! I'm finishing #4 tonight, as soon as I can get the kids to bed and the grocery list made. Oh heck, maybe I should just lock myself in the bathroom and forget about everything except for finishing last couple of chapters!
Enjoy the reading....I really like this series too!!!!
I just finished reading Twilight and am getting ready to purchase the subsequent books. . . There are so many books targeted for teenagers that are quite enjoyable to read for adults, too. That and I love a good vampire story!
I wish I could find the time to enjoy a good book. It looks interesting. Maybe in a few years. LOL I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!
Hi Heather,
Welcome to the world of Bella and Edward. The good news, you don't have to wait for the 4th book to come out.
TEENS? Most people I know of are adults and not even in their 20's. Most were introduced by their daughters, at least that's what happened to me.
My daughter does say it is really big at the high school. However, the boys who tried to read were bored, too much detail...
Oh and yes, I am one of those, I had to go see HSM3 and dragged the teenager along (the nine year old wanted to see it).
I'm a 41 year old mom of 2 who is/was hooked! I read all 4 books in a two week period. I've been counting the days until the movie comes out.
I saw the trailer too - that is what got me interested in the books. So I pictured Rob Pattinson as Edward while reading the whole series (swoon), where as some of my friends don't get him as Edward.
Enjoy them! The end too fast for me!
You've been gone so long!! That must mean your reading the whole series....
Hope your kiddos enjoyed Halloween. Can't wait to see the pics!
I will be getting a copy of Twilight on Wednesday from one of my youth....CAN'T WAIT!!!
I hate to tell you, Heather, but I was just at my 12 year-old niece's house and you sound just as enthusiastic as she does. Now you have me curious....
Post a Comment