
Hello friends,
I am not a creative cook. I tend to get stuck in a rut and make the same meals week after week. I get so very excited when I find a new recipe - one that is quick, easy, healthy and delicious. One that my kids will eat without wrinkling up their nose. :) That leads me to the question of the week . . .
What is your favorite meal?
I am not a creative cook. I tend to get stuck in a rut and make the same meals week after week. I get so very excited when I find a new recipe - one that is quick, easy, healthy and delicious. One that my kids will eat without wrinkling up their nose. :) That leads me to the question of the week . . .
What is your favorite meal?
Here is one of our absolute favorite meals . . . everyone at my house just loves it!
Jenny's Crock Pot Chicken
(Have no idea who Jenny is - but it sure is good chicken!) :0)
8 boneless chicken breasts
2 TBSP melted butter
1 envelope Italian salad dressing dry mix
Place chicken in crock pot. Shake the Italian dressing on the chicken and pour melted butter over. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
Mix together:
1 large can cream of mushroom soup
1 8oz. package of cream cheese - cut in small chunks
1/2 cup of apple juice
1 TBSP chopped onion
Mix these ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cook another 30-40 minutes more and serve over rice or noodles. Delicious!
1 8oz. package of cream cheese - cut in small chunks
1/2 cup of apple juice
1 TBSP chopped onion
Mix these ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cook another 30-40 minutes more and serve over rice or noodles. Delicious!
Also, I received several comments and e-mails wanting some of our Halloween recipes. Please don't think for a minute that just because we host the party at our house that I make all the food - HA! My mom, Nancy, Rhonda & I split the food and we only make 3-4 things each. There is no way I would have the time to prepare all the food and clean my house. ;)
Click to find out how to make the Peanut Butter Pumpkins (these are definitely sinfully delicious) or the Witch Finger Cookies (very good - but definitely creepy). You can also do a search for Halloween recipes and you will find all kinds of delicious, spooky-fun treats. Part of the fun every year is planning the menu.
Please leave a comment and share your favorite recipe. No desserts this time - I'll save that for another question of the day. :) I am looking forward to cooking some new meals next week. My family will thank you, for sure! :)
*******************************
Now onto Favorite Foto Friday!
The theme this week is -
The Pumpkin Patch!
We did make it to the pumpkin patch last weekend to pick out our pumpkins! It was a really sunny day, though, which made it hard to get a good picture! It caused a lot of squinting eyes and bright faces. :)
The best picture I could get of all the kids!
Notice Devin and Kyle trying to hold onto "Runaway Allie."
Some pumpkin love.
Allie had to hug all the pumpkins. :)
This was supposed to be a picture of the pumpkin we chose -
but Allie is standing in front of it. :)

Allie was thrilled to hold Baby Joey!
She was so proud of herself.
"A lady recently being baptized was asked by a co-worker what it was like to be a Christian. She replied, "It's like being a pumpkin: God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off you may have gotten from the other pumpkins. Then he cuts the top off and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."
And how can I post pumpkin pictures without throwing in one of Jacob, too?
Here's a flashback . . .
October 2001
Kyle was 3 and Brandon, Jacob and Devin were 18 months old -
about the same age as Allie.
Devin & Brandon in the frontKyle and Jacob in the back.
To see more Favorite Foto Friday posts, please visit
Kiss the Frog 4 Me.
We are getting company tonight and heading into a very busy weekend! Donnie's youngest brother and his girlfriend are in town. So I'm off to go finish cleaning while Allie is napping. I hope you all have a fabulous fall weekend. Let your light shine bright! :)
Ending with a scripture . . .
"You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16
The Message
Thankful for His light that shines in all of us,





47 comments:
Salsa Chicken
7-8 frozen chicken breast
Salsa brand of your choice (1-2 jars)... you can give hit a little spice, depending on if you use mild, medium or hot salsa
Place in crockpot, cook approx 7 hours or so,
Serve over Rice
Yummy!
Kristina
Have a great weekend. I love the pumkin patch pictures.
Hi Heather! I have been following your family for many years and love all the pictures and updates! Allie is getting so big!! Here's two of my favorite recipes:
Crock Pot Pork Chops
1 lg can cream of mushroom soup
1 onion
3 small potatoes
1 pkg of pork chops (6-8)
add half the can of mushroom soup to the crock pot, with 1 cup of water. Chop onion and slice potatoes. Layer in crock pot alternating pork chops, onions, potatoes.....use the rest of the mushroom soup, mixed with a cup of water and pour on top of everything, salt and pepper to taste.
I cook on low 6-8 hrs. and they will fall off the bone when done!
Enjoy!
p.s. you can do the same thing with boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I leave out the onion, and wrap the chicken in bacon strips!
Heather,
If I could cook, I would share all my fabulous recipes with you! (notice I make my imaginary recipes fabulous- if I'm pretending, why not make it fun!)
Alas, I am a terrible cook. And my poor family knows it. Thankfully, John likes to cook a little and makes a few great items. He makes the world's greatest cream of brocoli soup. If I can get him to give me the recipe, I will send it your way.
If not, I highly recommend this blue box called Kraft Mac & Cheese!
Hallie :)
Cute pics! Thanks for the reminder to let our lights shine for Jesus!
Betty's Chicken Casserole:
3 chicken breast cooked and cubed
16 oz of Sour Cream
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or one family can)
3 tubes Ritz Crackers
2 sticks butter
poppy seeds
Cook chicken and put in bottom of casserole dish
mix sour cream and soup and spread over chicken.
Crush crackers. Melt butter and pour on top (if you use a freezer ziplock bag it keeps the mess down!) add poppy seeds (about 1TBS or more..they make it super yummy)
Put cracker mix ontop. Bake uncovered at 350 until golden and bubbly. Serve over rice. We also like it with cranberry sauce.
Have fun and enjoy! LYNS
That sounds like an amazing recipe for chicken, will definitely try that. Also going to try the peanut butter pumpkins this weekend! I have added a recipe to my blog! All your pics are always great, but the one of Allie lying on the pumpkin has got to be one of my favourites. Wow, this turned into a long comment!
we just had our favorite recipe last night! it is:
beef burrito skillet
brown 1 pound ground beef. add 1 package taco seasoning, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of salsa. bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. while simmering, break 3 soft tortillas into bite sized (or a little bigger) pieces. mix in the tortillas, and place 1 package of mexican shredded cheese over the top-but don't stir! let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. then jazz it up with all your favorite toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos, onions, sour cream, and whatever else you like! yummy!
Our new favorite meal is Lasagna!!! I have been so intimidated to try to make it, and actually it was pretty easy. I found the recipe on the box of Lasagna noodles (R&F pasta) The one thing I did change was instead of using the ricotta cheese, I replaced it with cream cheese (yes I said cream cheese). It was suggested by a friend of mine, a trick her mother in law uses, it sounded strange, but it gave the lasagna a more mild taste, 2 out of 3 kids don't care for ricotta - so this worked great for us- and my Kyle is begging me to make it agian almost daily! :o)
I get most of my recipes off the side of a box ;o)
As always, I enjoyed today's blog. I loved all the pictures of your children with the pumpkins. How adorable can they be?
My absolute favorite is one I'm having tomorrow for dinner.
Brisket (2-3 pounds)
1 package Lipton's Onion Soup
1 1/2 - 2 cups water
Put brisket in crockpot. Mix well onion soup with water. Pour over brisket. Cook 4-5 hours.
I serve with rice, which I can mix the gravy with, and a squash casserole. Gosh, this is makin' me hungry! LOL Have a great weekend!
Love the punkin pictures. Allie is soo cute giving her punkin some love. I enjoyed all of the pictures..and oh yeah....gonna try the chicken..sounds yummy.
Love the pictures! One of our easy favorites is put chicken breast in Crock pot...add spanish rice with seasoning that you buy all in a package...pour Italian dressing over chicken and spanish rice...place the lid on and let it cook. You can also marinate chicken in italian dressing and place on the grill. Yummy!!
Several of my friends are using e-mealz.com to get new receipes and to keep food cost down. it gives you shopping list, receipes and menu for 1 week. let me know if you like it.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Darlene
Heather,Love all the great pictures of your little pumpkins and your family!!! What a good looking group you have!!!!!
OHHH i have a great recipe for you but first i have to look it up!!!!
Hugs,Leslie
Our favorite meal is a local dish called "chicken riggies" (chicken and rigatoni). It's a one-pot deal and feeds a bunch. Some of the ingredients are on the spicy side, but they really don't add much heat if you only put a little of each. Everyone up here (Upstate New York) has their own version of it. Mine is roughly as follows (you can adjust to your taste, too):
Ingredients:
1 medium onion (large dice or slice)
1-2 medium bell peppers (or other mild peppers such as cubanelles...large dice or slice)
fresh minced garlic (to taste)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (cubed, sliced or however you prefer)
salt, pepper (to taste)
crushed red pepper (to taste)
parsley (or other dried italian herbs, again, to taste)
1/4-1/2 cup vodka
1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
1/2 to 1 cup half-n-half
sliced hot cherry peppers (to taste)
1 lb rigatoni
Instructions:
In a large pot (such as a dutch oven) brown chicken in small amount of olive oil (season with salt and pepper). Remove chicken from pot. Add onions, garlic, sweet peppers, crushed red pepper, and parsley. Cook until veg. are soft. Add vodka to pot and cook until liquid reduces and alcohol cooks out. Add crushed tomatoes. Simmer about 30 minutes (during this time, boil water for 1 lb rigatoni). When the macaroni is cooked add the rest of the ingredients to the sauce pot (half-n-half and sliced cherry peppers). Toss together with macaroni and enjoy!
It sounds like a lot of work, but it really is so easy as long as you prepare everything ahead of time (then you just throw into the pot at right time). Let me know if you try this out at all!
Love the picture of Allie hugging the pictures...absolutely precious.
I love this idea because I'm always looking to get out of my dinner menu rut also!
Our favorite chicken recipe consists of...
Chicken Breasts
Lemon
Dried Basil
Ground Pecans
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder
Squeeze the juice from one lemon into first bowl.
In second bowl, combine Ground pecans, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil, and garlic powder for the coating of the chicken.
I don't measure anything - it's typically half cheese and half pecans with the other seasonings to taste.
Dip chicken breasts in freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Then dip chicken in cheese/pecan mixture to coat.
Heat a small amount of olive oil in pan over medium heat and add chicken.
Sautee the chicken for about 10-12 minutes or so per side - I like to cover the pan and turn the heat down a bit as it cooks. The chicken stays very juicy that way.
I like to serve it with brown rice and my veggie of choice for that day!
This is a simple crockpot lasagna recipe that my children loved growing up and we still use today for home and to take for potlucks and so simple, easy and not time consuming:
1 lb. ground beef (I use ground turkey these days)
1 onion chopped (I leave out when I'm making for kids or use dry onion)
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 (28 oz) can tomatoe sauce
1 (6 oz.) can tomatoe paste
1 1/2 teasp. salt
1 teasp. oregano
12 ozs. cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown ground beef, onion and grlic in frypan. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano. Cook long enough to get it warm. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hrs.
I have done this mostly in the crock pot but also for a short time in the oven as well only cook the noodles first.
Its easy, its tasty and not time consuming.
Hope you try it and like it.
My favorite meal is Chicken Parmesan... no recipe though... different each time!
Precious pictures of all 5 of your gorgeous pumpkins! I can't believe how big Allie is looking all of a sudden!
Have a wonderful weekend!
I've been making this staple meal for ten years now and we probably have it once or twice a month. I serve it as a one dish meal with a slice of french bread on the side.
You could add shredded chicken if you need meat in your meal, but we usually don't.
We love tomatoes, so I use a lot of them, you can vary the amount of veggies to your taste.
I have tried different brands and flavors of feta cheese, but I've included what we like the best.
1 lb. mostaccioli
4 TB olive oil
5 (or so) chopped tomatoes
1 bag fresh spinach, torn
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 block ATHENOS feta cheese with basil and tomato, crumbled
Cook pasta and drain, return to same pan. Stir in oil, spinach and feta cheese. Put on LOWEST heat and lid on pot so that the cheese will melt a little and the spinach will cook a little. Then add the tomatoes and green onion.
Stir it up and serve!
Hi Heather,
Enjoyed the pumpkin patch pictures. Thanks for throwing in the one from 2001 with Jacob. His smile is infectious. Always brings a smile to my face.
My family enjoys the following chicken recipe.....
Chicken Wrapped in Beef
Use boneless chicken tenders or chicken breast cut into strips. Wrap the chicken breast in a piece of dried beef. I usually use the dried beef in a jar. Place in a casserole dish. Pour a can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. I usually serve this with rice and stuffing.
Anything that I can throw in the oven and leave I love......
Happy Fall,
Christy Moore
Allie looks so proud holding baby Joey! What a great picture.
It is tough to get a meal that my whole family sits down to at night and says YUM! Spaghetti is a big hit here: My sauce recipe
1 jar Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom sauce
1 Lb. Hamburg
1 onion--chopped
1 green pepper--choppend
Diced garlic-to taste
sprinkle of sugar
Grated Parmesean--from a can
Brown hamburg, onion, green pepper and garlic. Add rest of ingredients. Simmer 4-6 hours on low. Serve.
Also, one night I threw this together, and my family went crazy.
Boneless chicken
Sweet Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing--or Catalina Salad dressing
Cut chicken into strips, and sautee with a small amount of butter. Once chicken is cooked, add salad dressing and simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve over rice.
I have enjoye reading some of the recipes, and plan to try some too. Thankd for the idea!!
Hey there, Heather!
First, did I ever write you and thank you for the package??? Please say I did??? O:-) Everything was just ADORABLE.. THANK YOU!
Next, we were out of town this week (took a family vacation to the mountains) so I'm JUST NOW catching up with everyone. Man, have I missed a lot!
The pictures are BEAUTIFUL as always! I sure do hope that one day (on this side of Heaven) that our boys will get a chance to meet and play! I just KNOW they'll be HUGE, LIFE-LONG, FRIENDS! (I'm guessing if you'd let Allie she'd be right there with the boys??) =-)
Okay.. to share some recipes and tips that help me A LOT.. ESPECIALLY on RUSHED days....
Tips first:
You can precook your chicken and freeze it! (You may have already known this.. I didn't until someone else told me) I boil the chicken, remove all fat and bones, strain the broth, then put the chicken back in the broth and freeze it in the amounts that I'd typically use in a recipe. (I usually cook a lot.. it's a little time-consuming, but SOOO WORTH it when you're just grabbing the meat and "throwing together" a home cooked meal!)
You can do the same with your hamburger meat. I cook up a lot of it, strain the fat, and then STRAIGHT to the freezer it goes! (Again, I measure it out the way I'd use it in recipes.. that's usually about a pound and a half)
Now.. for a recipe...
Have you tried "Tater Tot Casserole?"
Brown your meat, drain fat. (If your family likes onion & bell peppers then saute them with the meat)
Next, mix a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup with a can of Campbell's Nacho Cheese Soup. (I think that's the name of it?) Don't add any liquid.. just mix the soups.
In a baking dish, spread meat and top with tater tots. (Make sure they're spread out evenly)
Finally, top with the soup mixture and bake about 30 minutes at 390. Or until browning and bubbly.
=-)
Oh yeah.. there's also a meme that I like to participate in on Tuesdays. It's called, "Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays." Everyone swaps out a new recipe each week. It's GREAT! (There's a button on my sidebar that will take you there if you're interested)
how about a side dish? I love brocolli casserole (wow I think i butchered that word)
4 packs of frozen chopped broc
3 sleeves of Ritz crackers smashed to smithereens. (we let the kids do this,we put them in a LARGE ziploc bag and they mash and mash them up and use a rolling pin over the bag its fun!!)
1 block of velveeta cubed
1 1/2 sticks of butter (1 stick cubed 1/2 stick melted)
salt and pepper to taste
cook broc up, drain and then add the cubed velveeta and 1 stick of cubed butter. i usually layer it in a casserole dish, then take the ritz crackers mix them with the melted butter pour over top of the broc and cheese bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and yummy looking. it is soo good!! and even better the second day
I have a few and had a hard time choosing. I have the pickiest eaters, so when I find something they all like...I hang on to it. :) This receipe isn't as quick as some of the others, but it's worth it.
Chow Mein
1 1/2 - 2# ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
2 cans bean sprouts - rinsed VERY WELL
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 can beef broth
soy sauce
corn starch
Chow mein noodles
Rice
-Brown beef & onion, drain
-add enough water to cover meat
-add celery, beef broth and some soy sauce (to taste)
-Bring to boil, cover & simmer 30 minutes or until celery is tender
-Thicken with corn starch. I use a few tablespoons of cornstarch with about 1/2 - 1 cup of water. I like it really thick
-After bean sprouts are rinsed (until odor is gone) add.
-Add water chestnuts
-Serve with rice and chow mein noodles. I get egg rolls too.
My kids absolutely love this and have 2 or 3 helpings! You could use pork or chicken instead of beef. (Make sure to change the broth too if you change the meat)
I can't wait to try some of the others out. Great idea Heather!
I'm starting a weightloss challenge next week on my blog. And you inspired me to just do it!
I would love to share recipes but I am not one who measures anything...just throw things together and voila!! Even if I have a recipe I rarely follow them...just get a rough idea for flavors and do my own thing. Thankfully, I was blessed with my mom and nanny's good cooking gene or else my family would starve as my husband doesn't cook...well aside from ramen and grilled cheeses. :)
Anyway, I am a longtime lurker and follower from years back but just recently made a bloggking account. Heather, your family continues to amaze me as sweet Jacob did and continues to do through his constant presence in your lives. Your blog is a blessing to so many and your words so eloquent. Thanks for continuing to share your family with us!
Many hugs to you!
White Chili Chicken (so yummy!)
2 cans NORTHERN BEANS
1 ½ Pounds chicken (shredded)
1 T olive oil
1 onion Chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz chopped green chilies
1 tsp ground cumin
1sp dried oregano, crumbled
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 14 oz cans of chicken broth
8 ounces kraft cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onions in oil until onions are clear—about 10 min
Add garlic
Sauté chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper for 2 min
Add beans and broth and bring to a boil
Reduce heat and add cooked chicken
Add cheese and stir until melted
~~~~~~
Hope you enjoy...I will be trying your recipe soon. :)
Great recipe! Loved the pictures of your beautiful family.
Heather,
Your chicken recipe sounds delicious. I was just wondering, do you have to add any water when cooking the chicken with the butter and dry dressing mix? If not, I thought it might burn, so that's why I'm asking.
I love the frog peeking up from the right side of your picture--so creative!
I'll add one of my favorite appetizers (I sometimes eat it by itself, too).
I don't have a name for it, so let's call it No Time Tortillas:
1- small container of whipped cream cheese (although the block would work well, just a little harder to mix up).
1-package taco seasoning mix, temperature of your choice.
optional: shredded chicken
Mix above ingredients well and sandwich mixture between two large tortillas.
Cut into pizza slices. Serve with salsa.
Hope someone enjoys!
Hi Heather ... what a great idea! I am going to have to try some of these recipes too. It was neat because there are some that I already make, just a little different! The one that lahloosandothertales posted I got from the Southern Living cookbook and Jonah loves it - he calls it Cracker Chicken! Again, we make it a little different, and one thing I do it omit the butter ... not needed for Ritz crackers!
Anyway, here is another crock pot recipe that we enjoy ...
Round steak - cut into strips, place in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle packet of onion soup mix on top. Mix together 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with one can of water and then pour over top. Cook for 6-8 hours.
I make Minute brown rice, and then pour the beef mixture over the rice. We have dubbed this meal "Beef over Rice". Add a vegetable or salad - and it is quick meal that is super yummy!
Hey Heather!~
I have an entire document of all my favorite recipes that I would love to email you....send me your email address to tenillerauls@yahoo.com and I will send them on. Precious pics and I hope you have a great week!
Can I say, Wow!!! Your blog is amazing and what a story you have to tell!! I'm so sorry for your loss and so very happy for the love that you have received by means of adoption. My very close friend lost her child, www.ourplaceofgrace.blogspot.com and they have just adopted as well. They had girl, girl, boy, boy like us...but lost their second daughter...they have just adopted a baby girl!! It has brought her so much joy. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and I look forward to continuing reading yours, kristi johnson
How about some BBQ meatballs..hoenstly my grandmother made this with mashed potatoes every year we visited..THE BEST!!! My girls get so excited when I say we are making this.
You can add more hamburger meat to this and just add more to the ingredients...I use way more with 6 of us.
1 1/2 ground beef
1 egg
1 cup breadcrumbs
a small can tomato sauce
1/2 bottle BBQ sauce(we always use Kraft original)
4 or 5 drops liquid hickory smoke
1/2 cup ketchup
Mix ground beef, egg, and breadcrums. Roll in balls and broil turning once. Mix remaining ingredients. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer for several hours the longer the better!! I cook for 5 hours normally.
Can be frozen for leftovers but I doubt you have any!!
Love, Marci
Great pics of the kids! I'm gonna try that recipe, too!
Heather,
I treated my family to your chicken recipe! First of all, I love how easy it was! Secondly, although my son can be picky about "new" things he doesn't recognize....he LOVED it! YEAH! Thank you so much! I did want to ask, although I cut the cream cheese in small pieces, it still didn't cook down. It wasn't a problem because I just took the chicken out and stirred it up. I wondered if you have had that happen or if it was just me. Thanks again for sharing such an easy, YUMMY recipe. We will surely make that again!
God bless you,
Shari in Missouri
(stdrew@greenhills.net)
PS. Your family is beautiful and full of faith and love. You can just see it in the pictures.
Stuffed Shells. My kids don't even know they are eating spinach!
Bring water to boil in a large stock pot. Cook large pasta shells just until done-al dente.
Drain and set aside.
Make filling from the following:
*1 lb hamburger meat, browned and drained
*8 oz cream cheese, softened
*small box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
*1/2 cup parmasean cheese
*2 eggs, beaten
Mix indredients together and stuff shells.
Place stuffed shells in large baking dish.
Cover with spaghetti sauce (largest jar you can find) and mozzarella cheese.
Bake until "bubbly".
My family loves this. It makes a large dish so be prepared to either feed many or eat left overs.
I'm not a creative cook either, so my favorite recipe is anything that can go in the crock pot. Which is one of the reasons I loved this post. LOL.
Found your blog through Divine Caroline...very cute!
OMGosh...where to begin with recpie's?? Most of them I'm not "allowed" to make anymore because my hubby doesn't eat ANY (not one) fruit/veggie, and will not eat ANYTHING with onions (even if it's onion powder in Hamburger Helper..he won't touch it). So, you get the picture...oh and no dressings of any sort (so, no ranch or anything). So, I'm limited to bland beef, chicken, and potato of some sort. But I used to LOVE this Crockpot Pot Roast Recipe that I'm about to share with you. makes me hungry just thinking about it. It seems very "random", but it's SO yummy! OK...you will need:
Frozen Chuck Roast (or a roast of your choice)
1 12oz Can of Coke (or Pepsi)
1 10oz Can Cream of Mushroom soup (OR Cream of Chicken soup)
1 1oz Package of dry French Onion Soup Mix
Combine:
Can of soda, cream of mushroom soup and french onion dry soup mix in a bowl. Place the roast in the crock pot. Pour over the contents over the frozen roast and cook in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. YUM! And the Soda, Cream Soup and French Onion combo makes a gravy!!
This is literally less than 5 minutes of prep time and is SO yummy! Enjoy!
Heather, I have a great recipe for you, a little spicey, but very good.
1 Beef Roast, 5 lbs or so
1 packaged of hidden valley ranch dressing (dry)
1/2 jar pepperocini peppers (in the pickle section) The larger the roast the more peppers you may need.
Put in crock pot and cook as long as you like, 8-10 hours or so.
*I also add a couple cups of water.
After it is cooked, take 2 forks and shredd the beef. I put the beef on hoagie buns, you can top with cheddar or swiss cheese and then I like to broil them a few minutes.
Put in crock pot and cook as long as you like, 8-10 hours or so.
Heather, I have a great recipe for you, a little spicey, but very good.
1 Beef Roast, 5 lbs or so
1 packaged of hidden valley ranch dressing (dry)
1/2 jar pepperocini peppers (in the pickle section) The larger the roast the more peppers you may need.
Put in crock pot and cook as long as you like, 8-10 hours or so.
*I also add a couple cups of water.
After it is cooked, take 2 forks and shredd the beef. I put the beef on hoagie buns, you can top with cheddar or swiss cheese and then I like to broil them a few minutes.
Put in crock pot and cook as long as you like, 8-10 hours or so.
Asian Beef Noodle Bowl
Ingredients
8 ounces linguine, uncooked
3 cups broccoli florets
3 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
2 teaspoons oil
1 lb beef sirloin, cut into strips
1/4 cup asian toasted sesame dressing (Kraft)
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1
Cook pasta as directed, adding vegetables to the boiling water for the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time.
2
Meanwhile, Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add meat; cook 4 minutes or until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
3
Stir in dressing and teriyaki sauce; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
4
Drain pasta mixture; Place in a large serving bowl. Add meat mixture; toss to coat.
I substitute beef with chicken and it's delish! Also, I use more dressing. FYI - I found this dressing at PUBLIX. I hope ya'll enjoy. My kids ask for this and that makes me feel so good!
Just made this soup, and it is unbelievably good and easy.
6 Canned Chicken Tortilla Soup:
Basic Recipe:
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn,
drained, I use mexicorn
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drain well
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with
green chiles, Rotel--I used the one with
lime and cilantro
Instead of the canned chicken I used boiled chicken breast. I doubled the recipe and added spices like cumin, chili powder, garlic and fresh cilantro. I also doubled the recipe and added a little cream of chicken soup to give the soup some "thickness"
On the side I cut up green onions, avocado, shredded cheese and tortilla chips
Can I ask, how does one get connected with FFF, is it by invite only or can anyone sign up to be part of it? I just started my own blog and would love to be part of FFF
Thanks,
Heidi
Heather,
I tried the crock pot chicken recipe last night and it was a big hit. I could tell that my picky 12-year-old wanted to turn his nose up at it, but one bite and he was convinced.
Since most of the recipes posted are for main dishes, I thought I might post a dessert recipe. I used to make these bars for my husband’s company holiday luncheon, and his co-workers would fight over them. He said that he had people following him when he walked in the building in teh morning with them.
They are really easy to make because you don’t need to measure anything. If you can use a mixer, you’ll have no problem. You can also experiment with different cake mix flavors or by adding chocolate chips, coconut, or whatever.
Chess Squares
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Grease a 9x11 pan
The bottom layer is:
One box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (or flavor of your choice)
One egg
One stick butter or margarine, melted
Mix together with a fork and press into bottom of pan.
In a separate bowl, mix:
One box confectioners sugar
Three eggs
One 8 oz. Package cream cheese
Mix together with mixer and pour over bottom layer.
Bake for 1 hour, turn off and let sit in oven for 15 minutes
They taste great warm or cold. I’ve made regular, chocolate-chocolate chip, and carrot cake bars and all were delicious! I hope you try them and enjoy!
What cute pics!! I love the one of Allie hugging the pumpkin!!
I'm late with this post, but I figured since I just copied about five recipes from your comments into my "favorite recipes" document, I would offer one we like. My four-year-old daughter enjoys this one, and she even asks for seconds! I use extra lean ground beef, so it's really a healthy meal.
Salisbury Steak with Gravy
1/2 cup milk
14 saltines, crushed
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 lb lean ground beef
1 jar fat-free beef gravy (12 oz)
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl, combine milk, saltines, onions, and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place in 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine gravy, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper; pour over patties. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. 4 servings.
--Kelley
I tried leaving a message when you first posted this but for some reason it didn't save. We tried "Jenny's chicken" tonight and it got rave reviews. I love easy and it was so good too. One of our favorites is also easy, Alfredo Sauce. I put in either cooked shrimp or grilled chicken (both cubed) and also add steamed broccoli. The recipe is:
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.
Hello! I started following your blog thru my sister in law (who has triplets)...anyway, I love finding new recipes! I tried your chicken one...yummy! It was a huge hit with my family!
Post a Comment