Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Answer is YES!

It is FUN dressing a girl! :)

I have to be honest . . . so far - having a girl is not that much different than boys! They are both fun and I love both my boys and my girl the same. But the one big difference is the clothes! Dresses and bows are just so much FUN! And it has been especially fun dressing Allie in all of her Christmas outfits during the month of December. I have taken her picture each day so I thought I would share them with all of you. Most all of the outfits below were either bought by my mom or made by Nancy - so I think the Grandma's are having fun dressing a girl, too. :) Many thanks to my mom & Nancy for all the beautiful outfits!!


So here is Allie in her holiday attire . . .













(This shirt is the only thing I bought - $3.99 at Wal-Mart! - Thank goodness for Grandma's!) ;0)






I just love all of her little outfits - but more than the outfits, I love that sweet girl wearing them! Her smile just melts my heart . . . and she brings so much joy and laughter into our home. Oh, how we all love this child. She truly has us all wrapped around her finger - especially her brothers!

There is a new update on Jacob's Website - and I have a couple more updates scheduled to post here before the holidays. Since my blog is my scrapbook, I'm trying to catch up before Christmas. :)

Have a blessed weekend, my friends! Enjoy the magic of the season.

12 comments:

Tessa said...

So, so cute! Wow - she certainly has a Christmas wardrobe! Allie looks so sweet in all of them. I love the red snowflake dress with the hat and tights ... gotta love the red Mary Janes too!

Bobbi said...

That girl would be adorable in a garbage bag!! Seriously, she is gorgeous. The outfits are great!! My favorite was the dress with the hat. How lucky she is willing to pose.

Here's the drawback to dressing girls: They start to want to pick out their own outfits, and they develop quite a sense of "style" Those are good times!!! Enjoy this phase.

Can't wait for more updates. My blog is my family journal/scrapbook too.

Jennifer said...

To, to, to, to cute! Just so cute!

Anna said...

Heather,
Those photos of Allie are just gorgeous. What delightful Christmas outfits...and Allie is just so adorable!!!

Its great to see all your family photos...it looks like life has been very busy but enjoyable at the same time.

Wishing you and your family a special Christmas as we celebrate the birth of Jesus our Saviour.

Love and God Bless,
Anna

Carmen said...

Heather I love all Allie's Christmas outfits, my favorites are both the Believe outfits. Happy Holidays.....

Ashton and John's mom said...

i absolutely love all of allie's outfits!! i wish i was half as talented as they are!

Pam D said...

Wow... your post makes me want a girl to go with my bug-huntin' boy! (and not because of the clothes and bows, cute as they are, but simply because SHE is adorable!). I do have a question; what is your cutoff for receiving books for Jacob's Stocking? I just went though my boy's bookshelf and pulled off a BUNCH of books. I'd love to send them to you, but obviously they won't get there by Christmas at this point. Let me know your cutoff, and if I can make it, I'll get them to you! Wishing you an overflowing cup of blessings during Christmas and throughout the New Year!

Pam D said...

Oh duh! I just went back and read through everything in the stocking post, and I see that you'll donate after mid-January. So I'm good... I'll get them to you, and you don't have to post this message! :<)

snekcip said...

OMG THE OUTFITS ARE JUST DARLING!! I LOVE THE "BELIEVE" OUTFITS THE BEST!! WHAT A BLESSING GRANDMA'S ARE!!!

jandkland said...

She is absolutely breathtaking. I of course don't know your family personally, but your descriptions and pictures are enough to show me what vivid personalities you all have. Just by looking at Allie, I can tell that she's a source of great joy to you. I have two little girls myself, and though I'm not the "girliest" of girls, I still have a blast dressing them. And my four-year-old's hair is finally thick and long enough for me to fix in many different ways. We also bought the "I love Christmas" shirt for our little 21-month-old! Thanks for sharing, as always. Thinking of you all as you enjoy the holidays and keep Jacob close to your hearts.

Leah said...

She is precious! I love her in jeans. I think that's the first time I've ever seen her in them. ;) Too cute! I hope you and your family have a beautiful Christmas.

Jodee said...

Allie looks adorable in her holiday wardrobe! I hope you have a great Christmas!