Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!

From our family to yours,
we wish you a very
Merry Christmas and a
Blessed New Year!



Here are the pictures we used on the card above.



And a message from Allie!
I hope you can understand her. :)





"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."
Agnes M. Pharo

Hello friends!

We have definitely been enjoying the holiday season! Donnie & I made an effort this year to get things done early so we can slow down and have fun without stressing. :) So far it has worked and we have had such a good time celebrating the season with our kids and family. And although we are definitely excited about Santa - we have also kept our focus on Christ. This is a time of giving . . . being thankful . . . and celebrating the greatest gift ever given - our Saviour, Jesus Christ! Not a day goes by that we don't feel the magic of the season and thank God for his son . . . for saving us, forgiving us and giving us the hope of eternal life.

We are definitely missing Jacob this time of year - but his absence makes us cherish the ones we love all the more. And I can only imagine the joy he is experiencing in Heaven. Thank you so much for remembering him with us and many thanks for all the donations for Jacob's Stocking so far! We are always so touched and overwhelmed by your generosity. It does our hearts good to honor Jacob this way. We will be collecting donations through the middle of January. Please CLICK HERE for more information.

I have a lot of pictures to share that we have taken over the past month - so bear with me. :) So many wonderful memories . . .

A walk through Christmas Lane . . .



Allie & the boys

We went to my dad's house for cookie decorating!
Here's Allie with her cookie . . . can you tell she really liked the M&M's?



Then we all piled in my brother's truck and went caroling through the neighborhood.
So much fun!



George, Kyle & Tyler in the truck


Ready to sing!



Just some pictures from the past month . . . A lot of these were Christmas card photo shoots. :) None of these made the card - but I still love them all.




We tried to get a picture with Kyle holding the mistletoe over Allie with Brandon & Devin kissing her - but the lighting was bad and you can't really see the mistletoe. But this picture cracks me up - just too funny.




This is one of my favorites! :)







I just love this picture of Brandon & Kyle.



And my sweet nephew!



(I apologize for such a long update and so many pictures - but I wanted to catch up! )

From our family to yours - we wish you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years! May we all ponder the reason for the season as we embrace the magic of Christmas and celebrate the birth of Christ. I know I will be soaking up every minute of this most wonderful time of year with a thankful heart. May you always Believe!

I am taking a blogging break to enjoy the holidays with my family! See you in January. :)


Ending with a scripture . . .

"Suddenly, God's angel stood among them and God's glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger."
Luke 2:10-11
The Message

Believing in the miracle of Christmas,

44 comments:

Amanda said...

Have a WONDERFUL and safe Christmas/New Year! Your family is sooooooo adorable and I can't believe your little nephew is already 5 months! My gosh! All the holiday pics sure look like you all had such a super fun holiday season!!! Enjoy every moment of Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Ashley H. said...

Tried to think of something ingenius to say, but for some reason I'm always at a loss for words (unless I've stubbed my toe!). Merry Christmas and lots of love from Texas!

Libby said...

Heather --

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes - tears of joy! It's always a pleasure seeing pictures of all of you but these seemed to be particularly poignant.

May you all have a very Merry Christmas and a magnificent, happy, healthy New Year!

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! I love Allie's Christmas outfit!! Merry Christmas to your family!!

Kim & Dave said...

Loved all the pics!!

Your kids are precious!

Hope your Holidays are enjoyable-remembering Who Jesus is & WHY He was born!

Anonymous said...

Once again beautiful pictures. I wanted to share a link with you that you may enjoy. Be sure to listen to the whole thing. You will love it. http://vimeo.com/2410684

Bobbi said...

I never tire of pictures of your beautiful family. I don't know how you chose a photo--they all looked so good. Your boys have such great smiles, and Allie is just a ham.

I think it is great that you all are so close as a family. It is truly a gift.

Enjoy your Holidays.

Tracy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love all the pictures and especially the video of Allie what a sweet, smart blessing she is!
Remembering Jacob during this time of the year as I know it is bittersweet.
It looks like you have already had a wonderful holiday season..always enjoy seeing all the activites your family takes part in.
You are amazing!
Tracy

Audra said...

Thank you so much for sharing your fun holidays with us, I just love how you cherish each moment, I told Dave tonight (after just getting home from shopping ALL day) that I am inspired by you and next year I'm going to be Done by thanksgiving, I hope I can, because I want to savor these moments while the kids are young, there is nothing better that Christmas with kids, their spirit soars and helps keep things in perspective! The video of Allie is priceless, Oh I just love it, so very cute. I got your card today and I Love how you continue to remember Jacob on them, I know he is never forgotten, but just seeing his sweet face on there makes my heart smile.
Well I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Much Love,
Audra Deffenbaugh

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an update. Allie was amazing in the video!
Keep your eyes on the only true source of peace and strength. Praying!
Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the Duckworths and both extended families! I know it won't be easy without Jacob there again, but no matter how wonderful any of our Christmas' here on Earth may be, he's getting to be witness to the BEST Christmas in Heaven......

The boys look great and so grown up! And Allie??? How stinking cute is she???? That video had me almost in tears with laughter----it's like she wants to get all her thoughts out right away, but her little mouth can't keep up with it, lol.

Have a blessed Christmas!

Love from NY,

Carolein and family

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Every pic was worth waiting for. May your wonderful family have the very merriest of holiday seasons.

Will send Jacob a special prayer on Xmas day.

Hallie :)

Kyle said...

What a wonderful post Heather! And what a great way for me to start off my day... I was already rushed thinking about getting in to work and all I have to do, etc., etc., etc. I'm so thankful for the reminder to slow down and enjoy this time! I love the holiday picture with all nine kids, it's beautiful! You are in my prayers. Wishing you the happiest of Christmases and please give my love to Steve and Rhonda and their boys as well. Can't wait to hear all about your holiday adventures in January! I'm sure I'll miss you until then :)

The Foster Home said...

NEVER appologize for a long post with pictures. I always love looking at your pictures and reading about your family. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Anna said...

Happy Christmas Heather and to all your family too!!

Thanks for your wonderful update and all those great photos! You have a beautiful family.

Wishing you all a special Christmas as we celebrate Christ's birth and a wonderful New year ahead.

Take care and God Bless,
Anna

SaraG said...

Wonderful post. Love all the pictures. I don't know how you could choose which ones to use on a Christmas card they are all so great. You have a beautiful family!!
Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderfully Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all the Duckworths! Thanks for the long update, and all the wonderful pictures, I love them all! Oh what fun to go Christmas caroling with all the kids, looks like ya'll had a great time! I really love the family pictures that did'nt make the card, they are very nice! Enjoy your bloging vacation, we'll see you when you return, hugs from Fort Worth! Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas to you and your family too...and a happy new year..have a prosperous year of 2009

Tessa said...

Merry Christmas Heather! I just had to tell you that I used the "What is Christmas?" quote you have posted in my Christmas cards this year! How funny! I love that quote. Thanks for the update and all the pics! Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

snekcip said...

Why are you apologizing???? I love all your pictures as usual!! I had a hard time which was my favorite!! I love the one of them looking out on the lake, the picture is just so sharp and crisp!! I also love the one of Allie in her Christmas 2piece, of course I just LOVE ALL NANCY CREATIONS as usual!!

I can't wait to see the video of Allie (this old dinosaur here at work won't let me open it LOL! MERRY CHRISTMAS DUCKWORTHS!!!

Dell5 said...

Merry Christmas Duckworth Family!!! Love all the pics. The video is also adorable. Wishing you all a blessed New Year!

Susan said...

Oh what GREAT pictures Heather!!

I really enjoyed them. Loved the boys t-shirts too.

Blessings to your family from ours.

With love,

Susan

Kristi said...

Beautiful pictures.
Hope you all have a very Mery Christmas.....

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Elinor Schwartz said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

valerie said...

Merry Christmas to you all too!
You always have such great pictures of the kids to share.
I love the video of Allie and the nativity scene. So precious!
You have a very precious family.
I love checking in on your blog.
You know Jacob is in heaven having such a great time. I can't wait until the day we're all there with Jesus!
Have a merry Christmas & a very blessed 2009!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Have a wonderful holiday season! Thinking of your family always!

Smile :)

Carmen said...

Heather I love the 1st picture of all the boys and Allie in the middle, your Mom always makes beautiful pictures for you. Your Christmas card is just beautiful and Allie's Christmas message was so sweet, I think she has has the sweetest little voice. Merry Christmas......Carmen

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Dear Duckworth family! Thanks for the update. I love all the pictures and seeing everyone's smiling faces!

I noticed how different it is caroling in FL vs. in MN....a few extra layers and a whole bunch of snow! :-) We'll have to try your way sometime!

Have a blessed 2009!
Love from MN,
Janet DeRosier

Reba said...

As usual, beautiful pictures, beautiful family. I hope it was a special day for you. I look forward to hearing all about it!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Saying extra prayers for your family today!
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Bobbi said...

I loved the video of Allie. What a little cutie!! She talks so well. I loved watching her play with her nativity set.

Hope you had a great Christmas

Kristi J said...

Such beautiful pics!! Thanks for sharing in your happy times with your kids!! Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a mom enjoying being a mom! It is my favorite part of life :) kristi

Amanda Towne said...

Great pictures! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Every single picture - gorgeous!

Merry Christmas my friend! I hope your day was full of happiness and love!

~Jennifer

Robin said...

Great pics as always of your beautiful family. All the best for 2009. Jacob is always close in thought as well.

Ashley H. said...

I'm loving the Christmas pics. Very cute....and the video of Allie is just priceless! My youngest will be 2 in February, and she's just starting to put together "real" sentences and songs. It's such a fun time!

Matthew Lindsey (dwdcweb) said...

Awesome Blog!

Cloe said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Wishing your family all the happiness, joy, laughter, health and prosperity in the world for 2009. We hope that you had wonderful celebrations during this holy time. Kindly, Cloe & family

Elinor Schwartz said...

A happy and most of all, healthy New Year.

Mom Of 3 said...

I hope you had a wonderfully Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Love the pictures, you always have the cutest outfits.

Rebekah said...

Merry Christmas (a bit late) and Happy New Year ... I hope your family had a wonderful Holiday ... from the looks of all the GREAT photos it seems they did ... Love the picture of Allie with the red ruffles bottom! Too cute ... and I am happy to hear about another successful year for Jacob's Stocking ... he was such an amazing little man! I hope this finds you all well ... Hugs from MN!

Rebekah

Jessica said...

Your family looks like a very happy family during the Christmas season! Your blog is wonderful! Please visit my blog and say hello as well! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to the Duckworth Family. By the pics it looks like you had a wonderful time like always. Everything is ok here tim headed out for another deployment. I added pics and an update if you wanna take a look. Tell the kids hello from us in Tx. they are all getting so big