Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blogging Block

Hello friends,

For some reason I am in a blogging funk . . .

Just not in the mood to blog and can't think of anything worthy to write about. Not sure why, but been feeling that way for a while now.

I'm sure I will get back to posting regular updates soon - as soon as my Writer's Block ends. But until then I will share a video of Allie. No writing or thinking involved in that! :) She's trying to sing her ABC's and count to 10. I hope you can understand her . . . Allie talks up a storm - but sometimes I am the only one who can understand what she is saying. But you can definitely see her personality shining through. :)




Ending with a scripture . . .

"Every gift which is good, is from above, and comes down from the Father, who is the source of all Light. In Him there is no variation nor the slightest suggestion of change."
James 1:17


Hope you all have a wonderful week!

In Him,

37 comments:

Maureen said...

HI Heather! Allie is just as cute as can be and growing so big! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's.

It was great seeing you in person at the Walk thru Bethlehem. Have a good week.

Maureen Cadle

Mrs. Rems said...

That just brought the biggest smile to my face! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Elinor Schwartz said...

Adorable! Sometimes being on Facebook causes writer's block, lol.

Jennifer said...

She is just darling! I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog and I can tell strong you are in your faith just from reading.

Jodee said...

That video is just adorable! Allie looks sooo big in it!

Hope you are back soon!

Leah said...

I feel the same... writers' block. Ugh!
The sweet video was precious. She is so adorable and you have such a sweet voice.

Bobbi said...

WOW!! She talks really well for a little one not quite two!! Reese is just starting to really talk. I could totally understand her. Often here I am the only one who can understand Reese as well. It's a mom thing:>)

Now, I think that was the perfect post. No need to write when Allie can entertain us. I use my blog for that. I often just post some random pics to show what life is like here, or I post a video. I want to remember the things we were doing/saying at the time.

It's facebook.......it's the pull to it!!

Acutescrubnurse said...

Heather,
Allie is so sweet!! I hear you on the blogging block. I've been having a hard time as well. All we have going on here is COLD and lots of SNOW, and I am sure everyone is tired of hearing about that. I know I am.
Hope all is well, take care,
Rita

Kelly said...

What a dollbaby! I understood her too....it's like teaching when I am reading their papers...it's amazing how you can figure out what word they are trying to spell and it's pretty funny to see how they end up spelling it.
She is getting so big...I can't believe it! I can already tell she is one smart cookie! :)
Love,
Kelly May

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! How sweet is Allie! I can't believe how much she's grown. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, we'll get to meet her in person this summer - Disney here we come!


Angel Carole


PS - I hope she got the M&M :-)

Reba said...

Heather, she is so precious. And her language blows me away! She is so verbal. A bright little cookie. Oh, and Joshua loves m and m's too. He can't say that, he just says "nee?" for candy...they are his favorite!

MLP said...

That is pure precious in every single way possible. Brought such a smile to my face!!!

Christy said...

What a cutie. She sure is growing up so quickly!
Hope you all have a great week.
Christy

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweetheart! You can post those any time you have mental blocks!
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Audra said...

Oh I just LOVE it, she is so cute!!! I CAN'T believe she is going to be 2 in 1 month!!!!!!! I am so happy for you Heather, what Joy she brings to your life, and everyone you share her with, Thank you!
Have a Wonderful rest of the week.
Much Love,
Audra

Anna said...

What an adorable video of Allie...she is SO cute doing her ABC's.

And don't worry...enjoy the blogging break...maybe you just need a rest and I'm sure you'll be inspired again. I'm hopeless at posting regularly so you do so much better than me even when you feel like you're not:)

Take care,
Anna

Sarah said...

Ali is the most precious little person .. and SO smart too!
I love seeing pictures and movies of her sweet little face!
Hoping your January is wonderful!!

Constance said...

She is so sweet!Thanks for making me smile this morning. I understand about bloggers block. Sometimes I think,
"They don't want to read this stuff, it's too mundane!"

Then I type it anyway!
Ha Ha!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I think blogging block is going around. I know I'm suffering a fairly severe case right now!
You can just post as many videos of Allie as you like. That's enough to keep your blog in material for the next 10 years at least!

SaraG said...

Allie is growing like a little weed!! So cute to hear her voice.
She is really learning a lot!!
Take care and thanks for the update and video!!

Tracy said...

What a smart baby girl you have!
I love her little voice especially asking for the m & m!
I totally get the blog block deal-have it myself often-I recently took a short time off and still having a harder time than usual posting-
but I think this was a great post!
Thanks for sharing Allie with us!
Hugs from Kansas
Tracy

Missi said...

Allie is SO cute!~ I love her in the video ... . she is so smart!!

Tenille Rauls said...

How precious! She is such a little sweetie and to actually hear her is too sweet~ Thanks for sharing! Tenille
http://tenille.blogplot.com

Our Girls said...

I came across your blog from some one else and wanted to stop in and say Hello and tell you What a Beautiful Family you have!
We brought our daughter home August 2007 from Guatemala also.
We stayed At the Tikal and came home on the 1st. How about You?!

L said...

She just gets cuter and cuter!

Carmen said...

Heather, Allie is just so sweet. Gracie had to watch her video 2 times. She just loved the parts where Allie wanted M&M's.... Have a great weekend....

Heidi said...

I was just telling my husband that I have Bloggers Block as well. But I think you have a very good reason seeing that I just received your thank you card for Jacob's Stocking--you are one busy lady!!

Liz from Maryland said...

She is absolutely adorable and so smart!

Kristin said...

Heather -- She is sooooo cute. Love the determination in responding to what is asked (despite the desire for M&Ms). Can you please tell me...is that your voice on the other end? Having never met you before...I am trying to connect the picture with the voice.

Susan P said...

Oh my goodness, how precious is she!!!!!!??????

Love Being A Nonny said...

IT'S FACEBOOK! DOES IT TO ME TOO!

Lakeville Vertical said...

I've kind of been in a funk also. You can tell by my lack of postings. It's a hard time of year in the cold north so not much to post about when we are stuck inside so much. Allie is such a cute girl. Thanks for sharing her sweetness with us.

Jennifer said...

Hi Heather!

Bloggers block for me too! Actually it's really more a lack of time to blog that's got me away from the computer! But I'm so glad I took a moment to pop in on you...that video was adorable! My absolute favorite part was when Allie got close to the lens and said "Mommy, Hi" TOO CUTE!!
{{{HUGS}}}
Jennifer

Ashley H. said...

What a precious video! I always think it's funny when my father-in-law visits (once a year) because he can't EVER understand ANYTHING my younger kids say (especially the one Allie's age)...he just agrees and says yes to everything, yet I can understand it all perfectly! :)

Beverly said...

I, too, received my thank you! It's a beautiful card and I appreciate the time it took to make and mail it. I can understand your 'block'. We all understand. Take some time away and be with your precious family. Somtimes when I come to your site just seeing your children is what I need for the day. That little Allie is so cute and growing so fast. Don't miss a minute because you feel obligated to blog! We're all here and patient. There's no rush to satisfy us. I appreciate all the time and effort you've put into letting us share your life. My prayers are with you and your family as always.

Mom Of 3 said...

Bloggers Block happens to us all, I have had it for a while not.
Aliie is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie said...

Allie is such a cutie! I just want to hug her.
It is good to see you on facebook, I have been following your blogs for about 4 years wow. You are really a neat lady and have a wonderful family. It is really neat all the fun things you get to do. You take a break from blogging, but hope to hear from you soon.
One of your facebook friends
Laurie Bardsley